Log In Sign Up

Tyler Lincoln

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By jen747
  • 1 Post By sarahlorrain

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2013, 07:58 AM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,775
I had an appointment on my due date, April 23, and was 2cm. I was feeling great. No contractions or really any other signs that baby was coming soon. With my first pregnancy, I was induced at 41 weeks. The induction took 36 hours, followed by 4 hours of pushing, and I was hoping things would progress a little quicker this time. I had my membranes stripped at my appt, and the next day, I felt crampy. It was nothing like the Pitocin-induced contractions that I remembered, so I didn't think much of it. By the afternoon, after I laid down, they slowed & eventually stopped.

The next morning while getting Brooklyn ready for school, the cramps started again. I was questioning if maybe they were more than just cramps, but again, nothing like I remembered a contraction to be. I was scheduled for an ultrasound at 12:45 since i was over 40 weeks. My husband had been called to work overnight, so he happened to be home during the day. He asked if I wanted him to take me to the ultrasound, but I said I was fine to go alone, but since he had things to do, that he should keep his phone handy just in case. As I was showering & getting ready to go, I was losing lots of mucus plug, but still I kept telling myself that that was no guarantee. I decided to time these "cramps" and they were occurring every 5-6 minutes & lasting about 20-30 seconds, but they were totally bearable, so I went to my appointment.

My ultrasound was fine & baby looked perfect. The tech & the secretary both asked how I felt, and I said honestly, "Great, except for this cramping." The secretary said they'd call me the next day to set up my induction date if nothing happened, and she also said not to wait if I felt I needed to go to the hospital. The cramps were a bit more painful by the time I got home, so I was going to lay down. My mom called & she really thought I should have my husband come home. During the phone call, I had two or three more painful cramps, and as soon as I hung up, I felt a pop & knew my water had broken. It was 2pm. I quickly called my husband, my mom & sister (they were going to be taking care of Brooklyn). I got ready to go, & when DH arrived, we left right away. The school is on our road, and I sadly said I wished we could stop at the school because more than anything, I wanted to see Brooklyn, but DH said we couldn't & he flew to the hospital. I kept telling him to slow down, that we had plenty of time. My contractions were now painful enough that I had to breathe through them & they were less than 5 minutes apart, but still they were not as bad as I remembered.

We got to the hospital around 3. I registered & went up to my room. After getting changed, the doctor came in & checked me. I was at 3cm. I said, "ugh! We still have a long way to go." It seemed to be taking forever for the nurse to come admit me (and being a nurse myself, I am very patient about those kinds of things). She would come to the room & then leave again for a while. She was having trouble with her computer, she didn't have a warmer in the room, needed to get one cleaned, etc. By the time she was ready to ask me questions, I could hardly talk to answer her. The contractions were coming very close together. At one point, I felt like my body was trying to push. She asked if I was pushing & I said I was trying not to, but couldn't really control it. She checked me & I was 6-7. I asked for an epidural (I had planned on getting one all along. I just could not imagine being able to do it without one!). She paged anesthesia. Within a few minutes, the urge to push got so intense. She checked me again, and I was complete. I was relatively unaware of who came in the room, but DH said several nurses ran in & were scrambling to get the room ready. They were all telling me not to push, but my body was doing it. It was really amazing actually. I was really trying not to be loud though! When the doctor hurried in, I was so happy, but I also got really scared & said I couldn't do it without an epidural! I knew I was about to though, and when he said it was ok to push, the baby's head came right out. The cord was around his neck twice, so there was some worry as the doctor had to clamp & cut it. I only remember hearing a nurse say, "OK, it's been 30 seconds." and someone on the phone saying, "We need nursery in here now." When I was instructed to push again, baby was out! It was 4:38pm. I honestly don't even think I even had time to pull my legs back! I was worried about the baby, but the doctor kept reassuring me & also saying, "You did so good." I think his Apgar's were 6 & 9. It was wonderful to hear him cry finally! I kept saying, "I can't believe that just happened!" It was so fast, and I have to say that having a natural delivery was absolutely the most amazing experience. Certainly not what I expected to do, but I am so glad I did!

I had a small internal tear, so just a few stitches. I've had no pain at all. He's nursing wonderfully. By Monday, he had already gained back what he lost, plus 3oz more. We're doing great!

Tyler Lincoln, 7lb 2oz, 20 inches, 4/25/13 at 4:38pm

~Thank you AlexAiden Mommy for this beautiful siggy~

Reply With Quote
May 3rd, 2013, 03:27 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bay Area. CA
Posts: 11,030
beautiful! congrats
Reply With Quote
May 4th, 2013, 01:54 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,596
Congratulations!! Looks like Brooklyn is enjoying him.
Mommy to Jasmine (18), Kirsten (14), Ana (13), Katie (3), Xavier (1), and Gunnar (born 10-15-14)

New picture in progress......
Reply With Quote
May 6th, 2013, 06:15 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,501
Congratulations!! With my last two babies, I did it natural and felt my body doing its own thing to push the baby out. It is an amazing feeling!
jen747 likes this.
Reply With Quote
May 7th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 3,062

And YAY for no more HG!
Oh, Sweet Child of Mine

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0