Cadence's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 4 boys

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Trying to keep this short and sweet.

Last night at 8:30 I took a tbsp of castor oil. It was actually probably less because when I shook it with the root beer, it sort of exploded all over the sink and I just drank what was left. Apparently my body needs a kick in the rear to get labor started.

Fairly serious contractions began at midnight. I could sit through them but they were definitely more than anything I'd had till then. They were two minutes apart for an hour without really getting any worse, at which point I thought to myself, "That was a dumb idea. I'm really tired and want to go to bed and here I've caused myself contractions." I decided to go to bed anyway and see if I could sleep.

I slept from 1-5 a.m. but I know I had at least a few contractions during that time. At 5 I couldn't stay in bed anymore so I sat at the computer and timed contractions for about 25 minutes. Still 2-4 min. apart and definitely getting worse now. At 5:30 I woke DH and told him we should go, but I was still a bit concerned about going too early. However, I hadn't felt the baby move either, so I wanted to make sure it was ok.

Got to the hospital at 5:40, every contraction getting quite a bit stronger. I had a friend acting as my doula meet us there and by the time we got into a room, she said I was transitioning. By the time the nurse got to checking me, I was 10 cm with a lip of cervix left. By the time they called my doctor I was pushing. Pushing took about 4 or 5 contractions and baby was delivered by a nurse at 6:06 a.m. Doctor walked in late.

It was crazy intense and super fast. If it had not gone so fast and I hadn't been power walking across the room and back, I couldn't have done it.

Cadence was 8 lbs 9 oz and 19.75" long.
Bermuda Girl and EverydayJoy like this.
Mom to 4 boys and 1 girl

Last edited by 4 boys; July 12th, 2013 at 05:29 PM.
May 19th, 2013, 02:56 AM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
Great story!
Momma to 2 sweet boys.
May 19th, 2013, 09:02 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow good job! That was fast!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 19th, 2013, 05:03 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Wow! I can't believe you were able to sleep through the contractions! Congratulations on a beautiful little girl!
May 19th, 2013, 06:03 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Holy cow...I am officially envious Way to go mama! She is really beautiful!
June 2nd, 2013, 03:37 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a dream labor! Congrats!

June 12th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
So sorry I missed this - Congrats congrats congrats - she is a beauty!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search