Log In Sign Up

April Robin's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2013, 12:44 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,202
X-posted on FB

Ok think I finally have time to sit down and write my birth story. At my 35wk appt my doc did a bedside u/s to see if baby girl was head down or breech. If she was head down we could proceed with a VBAC if not then it meant a repeat c/section. Well low and behold she was breech(I was actually pretty shocked by this because I had been mistaking her head for her butt) My doc was off for vacation for my next 2 appts so at my 37wk appt the on call doc scheduled my c/section for July 15th since I would be 39wks and 1 day. At my last appt on the 9th my doc was back and he asked if I wanted to push my c/section up to the 14th since he was on call. I agreed because that meant one day sooner I would be in less pain and get to hold my baby girl. Fast forward to the morning of the 11th I started to get contractions(actually at the time I wasn't convinced if they were or not because I had never had any before and they didn't feel like what I had been told to look out for) I also started losing some of my mucous plug. Tried timing them but they were so scattered that I eventually gave up and went on about my day. Friday I don't remember anything exciting happening and figured ok I'm gonna make it to my c/section on Sunday morning. Saturday afternoon DH and I took Megan to his parents house and then went back to hang out at his store since they were doing Anime Night. At about 8pm I started get the funny feeling pains that I had on Thursday and was thinking of course I would start having contractions just hours before needing to go to the hospital. I had my tablet with me and started timing my contractions and DH kept asking if I was ok and noticed what I was doing. They started at about 8-10 mins apart then went to 15 mins and started to get back to about 6 mins apart right before we left for home at 10:30. Looking back I should have realized I was in labor and not be in denial about going to the hospital but I was stubborn. When we got home I went and did my antibacterial shower and had my last meal right around 11pm. The contractions had fizzled out and I fell asleep. 2:15am rolls around and I woke up in horrible pain. I immediately realized oh crap I think this could be it. Went to the bathroom because I was still having "I have to poop cramps" and then noticed I was having what I guess would be bloody show. Since once again I was stubborn I didn't wake DH because I hadn't slept much and I wanted to make sure one of us had some sleep that night. I kept telling myself if it gets so bad or my water breaks I will wake him up before 5am when we had agreed upon. So for 2 and a half hrs I had contractions 4-5 mins apart and finally at 4:30 took my shower and woke DH up and said I can't take the pain anymore. We got in the car and that was the longest 12 min drive to the hospital in my life. Found a parking spot and we walked(which I had 3 contractions in that time) to the birthing center. Got all checked in and for an hour I kept telling the nurses I'm having contractions, but they kept going oh you are fine. My doc came in just after 7am to go over everything and I repeated again about having contractions(I wish I would have pushed for him to check me to see where I was at). We walked back to OR and I got an amazing working spinal this time(totally made me loopy lol) and they proceeded to put in the catheter and asked how long I had been having contractions(because they didn't listen to me the 100x I told them) and then said "Oh well your water is broken". No clue how long I had been walking around like that but it is crazy to me that I didn't realize it. DH got brought back and Miss April Robin was born at 8:16am on the 14th weighing 8lbs 15oz and was 20 3/4" long. We got to do skin to skin right away until I started to feel too dizzy and kept thinking she was going to roll off me.
Cay wife to David mom to Megan 10/01/2010 and April 7/14/2013

Reply With Quote
July 20th, 2013, 04:47 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,729
wow...you knew what your body was doing but of course 'doc' knows best. crazy! did you have any leaking fluid at all?

Reply With Quote
July 21st, 2013, 06:47 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,202
I had so much extra discharge the week before that I never noticed anything different. It is still so crazy to think!
Cay wife to David mom to Megan 10/01/2010 and April 7/14/2013

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0