Log In Sign Up

Logan Arthur 8/6/13 @ 39w5d (long)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 169
I had resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to go into labor on my own and was looking forward to being induced by having my water broken scheduled for Wednesday 8-7. For the past two weeks I have felt like I was getting the flu, very achey, exhausted, headaches, crampiness, the works. Then I had an energy burst about 3 days before labor so was able to get a little housework done. I was also losing my mucous plug for over a week. I had been dilated to 5cm for 4 days and no amount of walking, sex or spicy food was doing the trick.

Monday night I went to the bathroom right before bed and had more mucous plug but this time it was bloody. It made me hopeful, but since my induction was scheduled for two days away, I didn't get my hopes up that anything would happen before then.

That night (actually Tuesday morning) I woke up at 1 am to pee. I felt nothing at that time and came back to bed. As soon as I laid down I started to feel really crampy in my lower abdomen and back. I was thinking to myself that maybe I should ask DH to stay home from work that day just in case because we live 45 miles from the hospital and if I went into labor he would have to drive all the way home to get me then all the way back into the city.

By 1:15 I was having contractions... that were 2 minutes apart. I thought they surely had to be false labor because no way would they start out so close together, but they were getting more painful and intense by the minute. I got up and started getting dressed, thinking maybe they would go away once I started moving about but they didn't. I woke up DH who started dashing around madly, we called the hospital and got our son up to load into the car. Thank goodness our bags were already packed and in the car.

I called my friend who was to watch DS and told her to meet us at the hospital because I didn't think we'd have time to drop him off at her house. She was waiting for us when we got there and I was in a lot of pain and making a lot of noise. We got to the hospital at 3am.

I was dilated to 7cm already and told them I wanted an epi-dural but they needed to send my blood to the lab before the anesthesiologist could come. By the time it was ok to get the epi, I was dilated to 8 but they said I was still at 7 so that I could still have the epi. Thank GOD. They gave me a dose of fentanyl to take the edge off so I could sit still for the epi-dural. By 4am I was feeling so relieved. The nurses laughed at me because I started worrying about not turning off the alarm clock before we left and that it might beep for two days.

The epi made me so itchy, it felt like there were hundreds of spiders crawling on my belly. I knew time was getting close to push because I started shaking uncontrollably and vomited. I could feel contractions but they felt like BH. There were about 5 nurses in the room with the doctor, I think they were all worried about shoulder dystocia since we knew he was going to be such a big baby.I started pushing at 6:45 and Logan was born at 7:11am. He was 11 lbs. 6 oz and 23 inches! Everyone was amazed at how big he was!

We are at home now and my body is still in shock. My back hurts so bad and the hormones are kicking in. I've already cried once for no reason. My milk came in today so my boobs are extra sore too and the fact that Logan wants to nurse constantly isn't helping. So far he is a really good baby. He is the chunkiest thing I've ever seen but so cute. He seems pretty laid back but is a night baby so I can't wait for that to change. It's going to be hard to adjust to a new routine and two kids now, our first night home was a little rough but it can only get better from here

Oh and our two year old son was being very sweet to him, giving him blankets and toys and gently patting his head. He was a jerk to us though and being very naughty when we got home so maybe he is trying to get even with us for going away from him for two days and bringing a baby home?
Reply With Quote
August 8th, 2013, 07:56 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,464
Thanks for sharing!
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him. Psalm 127:3

Reply With Quote
August 8th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 707
Congrats!! Sounds like a good labour.
Reply With Quote
August 9th, 2013, 07:40 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,905
WOW an 11lber!! Congrats!!! Sorry you had a bad reaction to the epi. i'm yet to hae a good epi experience myself.
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!
Check out the Attachment Parenting Board for Effective Parenting Solutions.
PM me if have questions about autism, TTC gender swaying, natural childbirth, going "vaccine-free", or if you are looking for gentle discipline advice.
Reply With Quote
August 9th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,574
Congratulations!! what a big boy you have! I can't wait to see pictures

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

Reply With Quote
August 9th, 2013, 01:44 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,167
Congrats! That is one big baby!!
Mama to many:
DD: 18yo
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
Reply With Quote
August 9th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,580
~Thanks to Kiliki for my beautiful signature~

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0