Log In Sign Up

Navya's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Anitha

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2013, 03:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 7,185
On September 22nd Sunday evening at around 5.00 PM, my sister & I were in the patio sipping on some Sherbet and muching on some snacks…I was complaining to her about all the false labor signs I’ve been having in the last few weeks and how I was hoping I didn’t have to go to work the next morning (Monday)…but here it is Sunday evening and at 39 weeks still no baby. Now while I was having this conversation I was having some mild crampiness which I was actively ignoring because I did not want to get my hopes up at all.

Then it got a bit chilly and we got up and went inside..my mom joined our chit chat and I was mentioning to her that I was getting these random cramps…I decided to go take a shower to kind of relax them off. I went upstairs I told DH also that I was having some cramps that kinds felt a bit like contractions..but not to be overly excited…as this could be another false alarm. I went in the shower and just as I was bt to enter I had a pretty bad contraction/cramp that stopped me in my tracks…I was starting to get a bit nervous and excited at the same time. I took a nice long shower and it was about 8.30 PM by then. I quickly made a list and started assembling all the stuff we needed for the hospital bag. I laid them all out on the bed for DH to pack them. All this time I was getting contractions on and off and I was not timing them for fear of jinxing myself. I then logged on to my work computer and did a few last minute things like entering my time etc.

I did start timing them at this point and realized the contractions were happening every 6 - 8 minutes. But they were getting very painful pretty quickly. I came downstairs to have dinner and it was almost 10.00 PM by then. My sister & mom saw me struggle through a couple of contractions they urged me to call the Dr. I guess I was waiting for them to get closer together (the 5 - 1 - 1 rule) But I decided they were right as these were way painful than anything I felt during my labor with Lekha. I called the on call number and had them page the doctor. He called me back and once he knew this was my second baby, he immediately said I needed to come in for evaluation….

I changed quickly and got ready. The contractions were getting very painful and I started fearing that we may have waiting too long! My sister stayed back with Lekha. I hugged and kissed my baby girl who was going to be a big sister soon and will no longer be my only little one L

My mom, Leo and I left for the hospital and by this point I was getting pretty loud and vocal during the contractions which seemed to be coming a lot sooner than 6 minutes even though I wasn’t timing them now. By the time we neared the hospital I was almost in tears. But thankfully, I still had breaks between the contractions however short they ( the breaks) were. It was about 10.45 when we reached the hospital. I was able to walk in and get to L &D and right when we walked in another massive contraction stopped me in my tracks…we finally got into the evaluation room and a nurse named Tracy, checked me and declared that I was very thin and about 6 cms!! I was so happy to hear that…They asked me if I was planning on getting the epidural and I said yes. These contractions were nothing like what I experienced with Lekha, then again I had only gone to a 4 cms with her before they gave me the epidural.

They moved me to a delivery room and hooked up the monitors and tried to get the IV going. That didn’t work at first…the fluid was not going in as fast as they wanted it to. Since it was taking so much time, I asked if they could give me something else other than the epi and they checked me again and I was a 7 just like that in half an hour. They said I was progressing too fast and I was too far along in the labor to get IV pain medication etc. Then another IV was started on my other arm and thankfully that one worked! The anesthesiologist came and by now my pain level was off the roof and it was all I could do not to scream and sob! I was still pretty vocal though…I held on to Leo’s hand to ride out each contraction which now seemed to almost come continuously - my precious breaks were no longer there!! It hurt like hell to stay bent down while the anesthesiologist worked on getting the epi in. OMG he was having some trouble with it and was doing some kind of pounding on my back! Those were the worst few minutes of the entire birth experience…I was in a sea of pain and in addition I was terrified that the epi was not going to work and I will be stuck with no pain relief! Then all of a sudden he pronounced that the epidural was in…I had endured 4 massive contractions in that bent up position while he was working on the epidural. I had another contraction and for a second, thought that it didn’t work after all…but then realized they hadn’t hooked up the meds yet. And finally sweet relief! I felt like I’d been through a tsunami. Sheesh, so much respect to women who do it without pain relief !
It was about 12.30 by now and I got a chance to rest a bit. I refused the doctor’s offer to break my water. He was nice enough and didn’t push me. But after about an hour the nurse checked me and said I barely have any cervix left and I was pretty much complete at 10 cms…she asked again if I would like her to call the doctor to break my water and I told her about my concern about cord prolapse in case the baby was still too high (because she still felt high! ) The nurse (Her name was Donna) said she could feel the head right there and there was no danger of a prolapse at this point. I caved then and ok’d fetching the Dr. They then sent for the doctor and the nurse decided to check me again and right at that moment before she could touch me we heard a pop and my water gushed out! It broke on its own. I got my wish
The Dr just got in and was told the water broke and he was like ‘great timing’ Then it was push time. DH held one leg and the nurse the other one and I was told I could push whenever I was ready and Leo said he could already see the head!! I pushed hard and every body said I was doing a great job and she was coming right out…then the doctor joked and for the life of me I can’t remember what he said, but I laughed and he said whatever you are doing right now is pushing the baby right out, keep doing it! And I laughed again and he was like yep you are giggling the baby out! And just like that in barely 3 pushes in under 10 minutes she was out!! It was amazing! After pushing for more than an hr with Lekha, I was not expecting this. They put my precious and perfect baby on me and I was instantly in love…Leo cut the cord.

Navya Amelia Solomon born at 1.54 AM, September 23 2013. 7 lbs 8 oz, 19.5 inches.

It was an amazing birth experience. I would not change a single thing about it. So in love with Navya. So in love with my family which is now beyond perfect and complete!
Expecting baby girl September 29th

Reply With Quote
October 2nd, 2013, 08:07 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 1,946
Aww, congratulations!!

Reply With Quote
October 3rd, 2013, 12:44 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,151
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I am so happy for you Anitha. congrats on your baby girl. I saw her pics on Facebook! She is gorgeous.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
Reply With Quote
October 15th, 2013, 06:02 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,823

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

Reply With Quote
October 17th, 2013, 06:20 AM
AIK112018's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,244
Congratulations Anitha! Wonderful story!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0