Susan Harley - 4th Planned C

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By FishermansWife4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2013, 06:47 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where to begin? It seems like only yesterday I got the BFP. A little background first, I guess. When DH & I met, he told me he wanted 2-3 more children. I told him no way. We started dating and I warmed up to the idea of having 5 (Including DSS) and looked forward to starting our family. This is about Susan though, so...
We waited about 2 years, then tried for 11 months. It might not seem like long, but it was an eternity for me, knowing I wanted my complete family with me. With anxiety running high, we left our new house on Monday night to go sleep over our cousin's who was watching our girls and dropping my son off at my MIL's so her and SIL could watch him. I barely slept the entire night. I couldn't get comfortable. Morning finally comes and we're eventually off to the hospital. I got into triage, got some blood drawn, got my IV line in, peed in a cup and played the waiting game. DH was by my side the entire time I'm so happy he was there. Eventually I met my team of doctors and nurses. My anesthesiologist was so nice and had such kind eyes that I made him promise to be the one to stick me in the back for my spinal because there were 2 of them there. He totally promised Finally, it was time to head to the OR. They gave DH his bunny suit and I gave him a kiss goodbye, which tiffed the nurses but oh well, then continued my half naked hall march.

I get to the OR, sit on the bed and wait for my anesthesiologist to begin. I was right. He was perfect for the job and the intern dude held my hands the entire time and just talked to me about kids and life while I got stuck in the back 8 times. Yes...That is NOT a typo...8 times. I jumped twice then said screw it and just went with the flow. He kept asking where I felt where he was touching and he was surprised as heck when I told him exactly where he was poking around. I think I actually laughed twice at that. Yes, ME laughing during a spinal. He finally got it in the right spot and I could wiggle my foot and kept doing as they laid me down and poked me to check where I was numb up to. I told them that too. Then they asked me to lift my leg and I couldn't They were right. I was numb. Thank GOD! So the curtain went up and DH walked in, sat by my head and held my hand the entire time, for the first time ever The doctor cut me open as DH walked in and not even 5 minutes after DH sits down, the doctor goes, "You know, you have a very good looking uterus." Total direct quote here "Thank you! You're still tying my tubes, right? I DEFINITELY didn't change my mind!" That got the whole OR laughing. Miss Susan Harley Marie was pulled into this world at 12:07pm, weighing 6 pounds 7 oz, 19 1/4 inches long, crying like all get out (And she didn't stop crying until the next day btw) which made me cry for a good 5 minutes and just tell DH thank you. I remember DH asking "What's that thing?" and pointing to something beyond the curtain to the right and the doctor or nurse replying "That's the placenta!" DH very clearly asked "Does that thing grow back?" Oh it was a great moment. I think it was then that I asked DH to walk into my fist I remember asking the doctors 5-8 times if they were tying my tubes because I wanted to make sure it was done. They assured me, it was done On a side note: my ovaries are freakin' killing me from it. That hurts more than the c itself in my opinion.

In recovery I threw up a lot and tried to nurse Susan but apparently, she hates my nipples. I kept at it though. I'm still keeping at it. She still hates them. It's kinda funny because she makes a face when I offer her my breast like "Oh no way am I sucking on you. Give me it in a bottle, Ma. I'd rather starve than put my mouth on that thing!" Kids... My FIL drove all the way from Ohio to be there when I was in recovery. It was the first grandchild that my DH had that FIL did that for. I kept throwing up though and I think he even handed me my throw up container once. I feel so bad but honored at the same time that he'd show up AND hold my puke container. That's love of a father in law if I ever heard it Susan and I were released on Friday and have been home since 2pm Friday. My big kiddos are making a huge fuss over their tiny sister and trying to help me out the best they can. My life isn't perfect and this is definitely an adjustment, but it sure feels perfect. I might not have had the vaginal delivery I wanted when I first started having children but I wouldn't change any of my experiences, ESPECIALLY this one, for the world. I'm a very blessed woman
Loni, JeCaLe, Spyctre and 5 others like this.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
October 5th, 2013, 07:12 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad it went so well for you Amber. So happy your DH was there with you too!

October 5th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Ouch on the epi! The most I ever got was three at once, and after the third fail, I just dealt with it. lol I would have been calling for the gas!

Glad it was smooth other than that. I hope recovery goes by really fast!

James Arwen est. April 2, 2005
Alice Marie - January 9, 2008
Winter Rose - February 14, 2012
Liliana Vale - September 25, 2013

Daniel Constantine - July 19, 2016
Save
October 5th, 2013, 11:06 AM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I'm glad you are doing so well! I hope Susan will decide that your nipples are ok soon..lol..
I'm glad as a last birth that you had such a good experience!
October 5th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Thank you, ladies

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
October 6th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww great story, glad you laughed so much! Hopefully Susan will change her mind about your nipples soon!!
October 6th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Thank you. She did it once today for the first time and she hasn't been into it since. I think once she wakes up more and is more alert, she'll be alright; if not, that's alright too.

2013 Mommy
October 6th, 2013, 05:54 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
not sure what you have tried, but for babies who don't latch well you can try another position that might help.. and isn't thought of too often... sit her on your leg (so she has one leg on each side of your leg and is facing you and try to latch that way, so she is sitting up... I have heard it works pretty well, by the time I tried it with my daughter she was much too old for anything to work so I don't have personal experience but the last person I suggested it to said it was a miracle worker for her.
October 8th, 2013, 02:21 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats again. So glad that your DH was able to be there with you throughout

www.hiboutchoux.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search