River's Grand Entrance..:) and update on us

Fresh Out of the Oven

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Lacey_619
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By mamaginger
  • 1 Post By iamkc
  • 1 Post By PickyNicki
  • 1 Post By Hoping4bby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fresh Out of the Oven LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2013, 11:44 AM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry it has taken me awhile to post this. Things have been nuts around here. Everyone is adjusting to having a new baby. When I came home all three kids were sick. I tried as best as I could to isolate River to no avail. He has a chest cold which he is using a nebulizer for. It is very traumatic to see your newborn baby have to go through all of that. Anyway on to the birth story:

I had been having contractions on Wed 12/19 and they stopped and then started back again the morning of the 20th. Since this was induction day I wasn't real concerned about them. By the time I got to the hospital they were 4-5 min apart and starting to get uncomfortable. The hooked me up to the monitors and checked my cervix and I was 3-4 cm and 50% effaced. They decided to do one dose of the stuff to ripen my cervix and recheck me in 6 hours.
So, at 2:00 a.m the contractions were getting pretty painful and they checked me again and I was 5 cm. My doctor decided to forget the pitocin and just let me labor on my own..which in retrospect I wish they would have just done the pitocin at that point. I went ahead and got my epidural (which was wonderful) and I went to sleep. When I woke up they checked me again I think this was at 6:00 when my doc came to the hospital and I was at 6. I was a little disappointed that I wasn't any further. I am used to 5 hour labors with inductions so this was dragging on what seemed like forever.
My doctor broke my water and checked me again at 9:00 and I was at 7 but River was not coming down very much. At 11:00 they finally decided to use the pitocin and then I finally started making some real change.
The nurse kept coming into check me and kept saying not yet, not yet. Then I started having this pain in my hip and I felt pressure. I didn't tell them but I started pushing a little on my own. I didn't want to hear not yet again..lol
I pushed the call light and the nurse came flying in the room and I was ready, and Rivers head was crowning.
My doctor ran in the room and said "lets do this" seriously one push and out he came. He was the cutest thing I had ever seen and was screaming up a storm.
So finally after what seemed like days of labor and 16 hours in the hospital my little guy was here.
He breastfed right after delivery and has been camped out there ever since.

January 1st, 2013, 12:05 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow sounds like pitocin would have been welcome! I think the waiting would be the hardest part but it sounds like his delivery was good and he is eating like a champ! I love these birth stories, everyone's is so different but it gets me excited about my own eventually!

Also love his pics on FB he's so cute
Lacey_619 likes this.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
January 1st, 2013, 12:07 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Congrats! I'm really hoping to be part of the "one or two pushes" club! I pushed a solid hour and a half last time. He was face up. I hope Mollie stays head down, face down!
Lacey_619 likes this.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

January 1st, 2013, 12:39 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I am so envious of the pushing, too! I pushed for 3 solid hours with DS1. One push? You're a goddess!

I'm so glad that he's here and well. I hope that you're recovering well, too!
Lacey_619 likes this.

January 1st, 2013, 02:02 PM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone. Meredith - Thanks on the compliment on Rivers pics. They did turn out so well.
I would say I'm about back to normal. I am down about 25 lbs from pp weight. I think it has yo do with the GD diet and breastfeeding. I had almost no pain afterwards so I am pretty lucky. I did have one stitch though. We are all so blessed to have River in our family. He is such a sweet boy.

January 1st, 2013, 04:28 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats!! I'm hoping for a pretty easy delivery this time, too! Glad he's doing so well and fitting right in! I'm so nervous about bring home #4!
Lacey_619 likes this.
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

January 1st, 2013, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow other than the time spent laborng the pushing seemed to come fast and the. He was out! Glad everything went well...except the 16 hr part and the cold! I hope everyone is getting back to normal now!
Lacey_619 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search