Sarah Elizabeth! (Pic heavy!)

Fresh Out of the Oven

Birth Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By MommaTooters

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fresh Out of the Oven LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2013, 08:06 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On Wednesday, January 16th, I tried so hard to get some rest since my 40 week appointment was the next morning and I had been up all night. It wasn't working. Something felt different but I couldn't put my fingers on it. I was having some contractions but nothing that I felt was spectacular or indicative of anything. They were just mild cramps. Nothing to time.

I walked into my appointment not expecting anything. But then she checked me..,I was already dilated to a 4!! We were all shocked. She asked, 'Do you want to have a baby today?' I didn't know what to say. I froze. Of course we wanted wanted to meet her but, wow, today?! She said to go home, get my bags, figure out what to do with big brothers and come back to the birthing center in a couple hours and then she would break my water.

We got everything all squared away a d hung out at home for a while. I was starting to feel the contractions a lot more and they were more consistent (no idea how close since I didn't time them!) but still very manageable. Around 1:30 we went to the birthing center. They wanted to monitor the baby while we waited for my midwife to make it over. We had to wait a bit longer than expected because she had a patient who ended up having to need a c-section. My doula, her daughter (doula in training), my friend and my husband and I were all just hanging out in my room. I was eating and drinking water new laughed, watched videos, talked about other labors and deliveries and just had a great time.

Around 4pm my midwife finally made it over to see me. She checked me, still at a 4, and broke my water. I was free to get up and walk around and do whatever. They were setting up the laboring pool for me to use so we walked down he hall to see that, walked around he other direction and out towards the waiting room where we met up with my pastor. We made small talk for a few minutes. The contractions started to pick up and get more painful. We went back to my room where our pastor lead us in a word of prayer.

Not long after he left the contractions really picked up. I was still walking but not very well! I went to bathroom and had a few contractions between making it there and making it back to my bed. I was standing at the side of my bed leaning over while my doula massaged my back. In the middle of a contraction my legs just gave out on me. Time to get up on the bed.

So I got up there, on my knees, hands gripping the head of the bed. At this point the contractions were right on top of each other. I could hardly catch my breath. The pain was intense. Worst pain ever! I was trying not to yell but I just couldn't help it. At one point I yelled 'oh *****!' Oops!

I yelled out, 'she's coming!' and saw my friend (out of the corner of my eye) run out and let the nurses know. I was still on my knees and still had on my mesh panties with a pad because of the leaking. They ripped those off and her little head was already crowning. In three pushes, at 5:06pm, she was out! Yes, just an hour after my water broke!

Sarah Elizabeth
Born at 5:06pm
6lbs 13oz
19 3/4 inches long

January 20th, 2013, 08:18 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
AMAZING photos! Great story, TFS. What a precious little bundle she is! Congratulations again! Xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
January 20th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow!!! Thanks for sharing! We're your previous births very fast? She is adorable I love the photos!

and introducing Julia Pearl
January 20th, 2013, 09:46 AM
MelibearMom's Avatar Melissa--expecting #4!!
Wow! She is so adorable and I love her name! (that was my great grandmother's name, and we might be using Elizabeth because of her too!)

Hailey Marie 1-29-13 8lbs. 1 oz.
January 20th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love all the pics! Congrats on your little girl!

January 20th, 2013, 11:09 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow great pics and fantastic story! Congrats mama!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
January 20th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
your photographer did a great job!!! very emotional pictures and of course sarah looks amazing!

~~terre~~
January 21st, 2013, 12:24 AM
Expecting #1
Thanks for sharing!! Very quick labor!!! Little Sarah Elizabeth was ready to meet you!!! Great pictures too. Congrats!!!

January 21st, 2013, 08:05 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome pictures!! Congrats! She's beautiful!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

January 22nd, 2013, 12:24 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
That tiny bow in her hair is too stinkin cute!! She's precious! Congrats!

January 25th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Dee
Holy fast labor! Your photographs are wonderful, and she is beautiful. Congratulations!
January 26th, 2013, 03:31 PM
LisaKiara's Avatar Member
I love her, she is amazing. Congratulations!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search