Are you coloring your hair???

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Artsy Mom
  • 1 Post By Suesue77
  • 1 Post By Caitlin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 02:29 PM
Suesue77's Avatar Susan
I'm 35 and my grey's are looking ridiculous right now (think Cruella De'Ville). I want to wait till I'm into th second trimester to color my hair, but it's getting really nasty. My doctor says the decision is up to me ( I was hoping she would say go ahead instead)... What are you guys doing? Is any hair coloring safer than others?
January 2nd, 2013, 02:33 PM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
im not but did your dr say it was safe. I might be wrong but I thought it wasnt safe.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
January 2nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
~Meg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I color mine and have during my other preg. My doctor said it was safe that they worried more when they didn't know much about it and when thfumes were stronger. Luckily I went dark and think I can last another month or two before getting it done again

January 2nd, 2013, 04:16 PM
teeny0518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im on the fence. My SIL is a hairdresser and she said that colors these days have such low levels of ammonia that as long as you aren't doing anything super drastic (dark to blonde) and aren't getting super close to your scalp, you're fine! I might ask my doctor at the next appointment though - they are the authority to me!

January 2nd, 2013, 05:22 PM
Super Mommy
I agree with Teeny, I think they are definetly safer then they use to be
I don't colour my hair so I won't be starting!
January 2nd, 2013, 05:59 PM
Veteran
Ugh, right before I found out I was pregnant I accidentally dyed my hair this hideous shade of blackish-brown (from blonde)...OOPS! So now I'm on the fence, do I keep this awful hair color? I'll probably wait until the 2nd trimester just to be careful and just wear hats in the meantime!
Suesue77 likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 2nd, 2013, 06:35 PM
Suesue77's Avatar Susan
Artsy, I guess we're the hat twins for awhile. Since according to the books, little munchkin is building it's heart this week, I think I'll hold off a week or so at least then just be really careful when I color it. Thanks girls.
Artsy Mom likes this.
January 2nd, 2013, 06:41 PM
Veteran
I was told it was okay to get highlights but hold off on dying my entire head during the first trimester. This was during my last pregnancy. I'm 34 and if I don't keep up, my grays start to show through as well. As for the fumes...meh, It doesn't concern me but that is just my opinion. Most hairdressers work while they're pregnant.
January 2nd, 2013, 06:46 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been doing mine off and on with a semi permanent. It doesn't have much smell. I'm probably going to do it again before our cruise on the 26th. I'll make sure to turn all the vent fans on.

January 3rd, 2013, 11:24 AM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely. I have with my other 2 pregnancies as well. My sister is a doctor and says these days as long as you aren't going platinum blond in a windowless bathroom, it's not going to hurt you
Artsy Mom likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search