Chit-Chat Thread

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CARLACB

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I figured this would help get the board moving some more, help us get to know each other and pass some time when you're bored.

This can just be for general chit-chat, pregnancy complaints, whatever!

January 25th, 2013, 08:44 PM
mommyof4plus's Avatar Veteran
So, this isn't pregnancy related, but it's funny. My DH likes to wear slippers all the time, and his feet get to stinking. It's something that we often laugh about, though smelling those things really aren't that funny. So I told him recently that he needed to put odor eater powder in his shoes. Well the other morning I was up getting ready for work, picked up my shoes and poof all this powder comes flying out. Black shoes nevertheless. I started cursing him under my breath and he started laughing. I was just reminded of that because just now he was complaining of smelling feet, which sure enough were his. He waved me in front of me. Not the most pleasant thing when feeling a little nauseas.
January 26th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
^^Ewwww hahaha! Sounds like something my DH would do!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
January 26th, 2013, 07:58 AM
CARLACB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LMAO My fiance's shoes aren't even allowed in our bedroom, AT ALL. When we first moved, I kept smelling what smelled like corn chips but 50 times worse. I put those horrid things in the hallway closet where I keep the carpet and vacuum cleaner. Baby powder was NOT cutting it so I put Baking Soda and that Vagisil powder in ALL his shoes. He honestly didn't know his shoes stunk that much.
mommyof4plus likes this.

Blended Family of 5 and 1 on the way.
Makhari 6
Maleaha 5
Coty, Jr 7
January 26th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I live in Southern VA and we NEVER get snow. Last night we got about 4 inches. The roads are a mess and my DH got stuck at work overnight. I was supposed to go to work this morning but THANK goodness I got put on call WE are keeping warm, cleaning and making soup. Later we'll head out and play in the snow (and pray mommy doesn't get called into work )
January 26th, 2013, 08:26 AM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today we're helping pack up DH's 93 yr old grandmother's condo because her daughters have decided to move her to Arizona. Even though she doesn't want to go and has been happily and safely living alone here for the past 20 years. DH and I visit her a couple times a month and she has a church she loves and bridge dates with some ladies from her church and she runs a woman's investment club. She's like the most bad*ss 90 yr old lady ever and they're totally taking her from everything she loves.

January 26th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Just keep breathing.
Aw man, beckiethedoula, that's really too bad for your DH's grandmother. She sounds amazing! Do her daughters live in Arizona, too? I suppose if they want to be close to her, that's something, but still so hard to tear her away from her support system and friends.
January 26th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I swear, I think my daughter is one of the funniest, cutest little things that has ever walked this earth. Of course, I may be biased. We were just having a conversation about bees and she asked me "Do they make HONEY?!" so I said "Yes, they do!" and she said "Do they make PEANUT BUTTER?!" and then laughed hysterically...and the conversation went on and on about bees and peanuts and jelly.

And yesterday, she walked up to me to tell me that she had gone to the doctor, and he says that she has a baby growing in her belly. She is SO interested in my pregnancy and is ALWAYS talking about the baby in my belly or having a baby growing in her belly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search