I'm due September 21st

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree44Likes
  • 6 Post By kimberlyw
  • 2 Post By Keakie
  • 6 Post By iCathy
  • 5 Post By Dolly Lama
  • 1 Post By CARLACB
  • 7 Post By My3His1
  • 2 Post By sophielee
  • 7 Post By dexiwexi
  • 2 Post By dazielove
  • 1 Post By cincy1luv
  • 1 Post By My3His1
  • 1 Post By Etph007
  • 1 Post By mommy2lilmen
  • 1 Post By katem10
  • 1 Post By AmbzAsh

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Im new here college student just found out im preggo tuesday.. my childs father wants me to get an abortion i really dont want to despite the fact that im scared ****less but i just know my spiritual values and beliefs but the way he is treating me and belittling me and telling me i cant do it and im dumb it makes me so scared and nervous and my emotions are all over the place please help ! need advice
January 26th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My only advice to you is that God wouldn't give you more than you can handle Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
January 26th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
This is a choice for you and you alone to make. The father sounds like he's being a total jerk and is just trying to psych you out. If it's important to you to follow through with this pregnancy, ignore him.
Dolly Lama and dexiwexi like this.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my fabulous siggie!
January 26th, 2013, 11:27 AM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't let anyone force you to do something like this that you don't want to. You may never forgive yourself, and will resent him forever. You can do it, I know many people who got pregnant in college, and are able to finish and raise a baby. Congratulations on your miracle!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 26th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies - follow your heart and your beliefs...If it helps at all, I gave birth to my first daughter in college. Granted, I didn't graduate exactly on time because I didn't have enough support in my life, but I did eventually graduate, and became a successful professional. You can do the same.

Quote:
the way he is treating me and belittling me and telling me i cant do it and im dumb it makes me so scared and nervous and my emotions are all over the place
If you are that dumb and incompetent, why was he attracted to you to begin with? These are the pathetic words of a man desperately trying to control the situation - don't listen to him.
January 26th, 2013, 11:40 AM
CARLACB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow. You can go through this pregnancy by yourself if you really want to. I did it with my first and it created a close bond between me and my son. I thought the world was over when I knew I would have to deal with it on my own but it didn't.
dexiwexi likes this.

Blended Family of 5 and 1 on the way.
Makhari 6
Maleaha 5
Coty, Jr 7
January 26th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Veteran
I had a baby before I even started college, then another while in college. It's hard, but definitely not impossible. You can do it, with or without his help/support. Life will change, but it's worth it. It's so rewarding.

I did not have the support of my baby's father when I got pregnant at 18 with my first. He wanted me to have an abortion. For me, abortion went completely against my values and beliefs and was never, EVER an option. Ultimately, the choice is up to you, not him. If he does not want the responsibility, he can feel free to sign his rights away. Do not let him bully or pressure you into something that you are not comfortable with.

Long story short, I've been there. It's overwhelming and scary, but it gets better. In the end, I wouldn't trade anything for the world.
DS ~ October 2007
January 26th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Veteran
You've gotten great support from the women who already responded. Go with your gut. Trust me: it's worth it.
MandersM and dexiwexi like this.
Excited for #4!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 26th, 2013, 12:42 PM
I APPRECIATE EVERYONES WORDS... WITH THE SUPPORT OF MY FAMILY FRIENDS AND YOU LADIES ON THIS SITE IM SURE I'LL GET THROUGH THIS BECAUSE GOD WOULDNT GIVE ME ANYTHING I CANT HANDLE. AND I REALLY BELIEVE THAT. I HOPE TO HEAR MORE FROM EVERYONE AND IM GLAD I CHOSE TO JOIN THIS SITE.
January 26th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Veteran
Most college campus/ towns have pregnancy centers. They can offer counseling on what is best for your situation. They can also inform you of special assistance to finish college and help you with finances. If you have a church, you may also seek support there too.
mirdeemrlvs and dexiwexi like this.
Baby #1 2007 13 weeks
Baby #2 2008 8 weeks
Diagnosed in 2012 with PCOS and Homozygous MTHFR 677T

Proud mommy to baby girl B born 10/30/10
January 26th, 2013, 01:46 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
Yes, god will never give you more than you cant handle!
dexiwexi likes this.
January 26th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Veteran
If you are at a university that has housing, check to see if they have family housing. They were sooooo much cheaper than anything off campus around town! There might be a waiting list, so you might need to get on it now.
dexiwexi likes this.
DS ~ October 2007
January 26th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and Congrats! Keep your head up
dexiwexi likes this.
January 26th, 2013, 09:54 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sorry about him. Ultimately the choice is yours. Yes you will be scared, but what pregnant woman isnt? take care of yourself. things will all work out.
dexiwexi likes this.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

January 28th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Veteran
Awe, ((HUGS)) and congtrats!

I am kinda in your shoes also. I am about to go through a divorce and am pregnant with my 4th with another guy's baby. Bad choice gone seriously wrong. He wanted me to abort. Gave me money. Hardly talks to me though we have real feelings and care about each other...but he is so worried about HIMSELF and HIS life, he doesn't see the bigger picture. I got pregnant with my first in college, at 20. I kept that baby, I moved back home, finished college, and now I teach kindergarten. Since I have had a daughter and a second son. And they are all incredible. I know this lil stinker will be too. I told the dad that I know it is scary and it might feel like your life is over, but it really doesn't have to be. In fact, it really has just begun. And one day, that guy will appreciate your choice.
Good luck and welcome!
dexiwexi likes this.
January 28th, 2013, 06:09 AM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
Welcome and Congratulations on your pregnancy! Keep your head up, stay positive and enjoy your pregnancy...with or without the support of your baby's father. I'm sure you have many family and friends that will support you. And now you have us!
dexiwexi likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search