Moms of toddlers/preschoolers...

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By mommy2lilmen
  • 1 Post By My3His1
  • 1 Post By TayAnd2Angels
  • 1 Post By Daffodil86
  • 1 Post By miraclenumber2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2013, 08:14 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you still lifting/carrying your kiddos? I still am, even though my son is nearing 35 pounds. After straining myself a little today it occurred to me that maybe I shouldn't be doing so anymore. The last thing I want is another loss. What are all of you doing?

January 26th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am still lifting both of mine. DD is 31 lbs and DS is 24.5 lbs. I just can't really get away with NOT lifting them. I suppose I could with my daughter, as she is almost 4 but I just can't imagine telling her that I won't hold her because of the new baby, when I already feel like she gets the short end of the stick with her brother needing so much attention from me.

January 26th, 2013, 09:03 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know, my little guy is in a mama phase lately. It kills me to reject requests to hold him or carry him. We walked all around a museum today with me doing most of the lifting even though I was there with my parents. I hope I'm not causing myself problems.

January 26th, 2013, 09:21 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am lifting, and I am not allowed because of my hernia. As I get further along I think I will completely stop the older ones but not #7, #7 is still only 6 months, so he needs that closeness with mom.
Happy Song likes this.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

January 26th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Veteran
My kids aren't toddlers, but I still lift them. They are 5 and 7. The 7 year old probably weighs 40-45 pounds. I pick her up at least a few times a day and love on her or play with her. The 5 year old is probably 35-40 and I carried him from the inner harbor in baltimore to the parking garage a few blocks away as well as on my shoulders in a museum. As long as I am feeling okay and don't feel like I'm over doing it, everything will be fine. Pay attention to what my body is telling me. If/when I start feeling strained or pained by it, I will cut back or stop. I just see this as another form of exercise; any exercise you do or your body is used to pre-pregnancy, it is totally safe to continue doing while pregnant.
Happy Song likes this.
DS ~ October 2007
January 26th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Super Mommy
I am still picking up my DS who is about 35lbs but I only do it when completely necessary. Im just being cautious though due to my previous miscarriages. When I had a threatened miscarriage last time the doctor told me not to lift anything over 20lbs.

*Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!*
06/12 11/12

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 26th, 2013, 10:14 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do. I can't help it. She's my baby too, you know?
iCathy likes this.

January 27th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Destiny
I hold them both

January 27th, 2013, 08:01 AM
My son is 20 months. I do sometimes pick him up although now i try and sit on the floor near him wen he plays and he usually comes n sits on my lap n hugs me. If he wants to b piked up i sit down first so he comes n sits in my lap.
Happy Song likes this.
January 27th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yep still holding mine too. not doing it really isnt an option

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
January 27th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Super Mommy
I still hold mine , nothing's changed... Not sure how it will go as I get bigger but I feel completely comfortable holding him! I still workout and lift weights also
My3His1 likes this.
January 27th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep I hold my younger two as well (my 2yo is about 26lbs and my 4yo is 42lbs). I do pilates three times a week too I haven't changed my physical activity since finding out I am pregnant. Although I realize that pilates won't last forever this pregnancy since it is a pretty intense abdominal workout. I will probably stop around 8-10weeks or so. Then just do walking and occasional weights

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
January 27th, 2013, 09:50 AM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep. Still carrying my 19 month old around. She's about 28 lbs. I don't see it as a problem.

January 27th, 2013, 09:52 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
oh yeah i am...i have a 2yr old and an almost 1 year old. my son weighs 25lb and my daughter weighs about 22lb... i carried my son my entire pregnancy with my daughter b/c he was still a baby (they're16m apart) and it HURT by the end...so i'm expecting the pain this time. they can both walk which is helpful but i know that i will still have to carry them both at one point or another.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
January 27th, 2013, 10:47 AM
CARLACB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well the 6 and 5 year old are dang near taller than me, they come to my breast so they rarely get picked up preggo or not. Now if they are hurt, I will pick them up. The 4 year old is so tiny, I still spin her around but not all the time. I used to play fight with the kids but I don't now b/c I almost got kicked in the stomach so I don't take any chances.

Blended Family of 5 and 1 on the way.
Makhari 6
Maleaha 5
Coty, Jr 7
January 27th, 2013, 03:49 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, I am. My first son is 33ish pounds and my younger is 25ish pounds. I don't carry my first son all that much though, mainly just the younger one.
When I was preggo with my 2nd son, I still carried the first one. I did try to do it less when I got further along and the huge belly. He learned how to climb into his carseat in the car, etc.

I figured I was okay since I was doing those things before I got pregnant.

January 27th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Even with my history of losses I pick my kids up. I know my babies were deceased before each of my miscarriages so I know lifting the kids did not cause it. Mine are French fries my 4 yo is 33lbs, my 2yo is 24lbs, and my 1yo is 19lbs.

January 28th, 2013, 05:10 AM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
I don't think lifting a toddler would cause a miscarriage... Maybe I'm wrong? I pick up my four and five year old kids all the time.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search