Went public on FB - rant included

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MandersM

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 12:38 PM
Maenfayne's Avatar Veteran
I didn't make a big deal out of announcing the pregnancy on FB basically because everyone close to me already knows. So I just put a simple "My math teacher says 1+1=2 but my doctor says 1+1=3" For the most part I got really sweet congratulations and whatnot.

Then I got the lovely inbox message that sent me from happy go lucky, to bleep bleepity bleep bleep in seconds. My "friend" (honestly I don't even know why I kept her on FB so long, she has since been deleted) congratulated me on getting out of my contract with the National Guard. Said I must be sooo happy to no longer have to stand up to my word and finish what I started. Apparently I'm too chickpoop to enlist now that women can be in combat positions.

What the frack? I mean seriously?! Who the hell actually says that crap? I did NOT purposefully get knocked up so I'd get out of going to basic training. We were using two forms of birth control thank you very much! I was devestated, and quite frankly still am. Sure I can re-enlist afterwards but I wanted to do it now. I don't want to be nearly 30 just going into basic training. Quite honestly there are still times that I break down crying because my plans got shot to hell. But then I suck it up and continue moving forward. Plans change. We evolve. I WANT to serve my country, and I even did a happy dance when they released the news that women could serve in combat. I was going to be a medic, I want to be able to be exactly where I need to be to help those that need it when they need it.

I just want to punch this woman in the throat. She's still stuck in the same deadbeat job she's had for the last four years. Struggling to even pass the most basic college classes, but sure she'll be a nurse one day. HA! I know she's just sending me that message out of pure jealousy and hate but it really really got to me. It was my fear that people would think that I did this on purpose anyway (you know, like the women that magically get pregnant when their unit gets deployed) but I DIDN'T!

Anyway, I just had to rant about this.

10.03.13 8lbs 11oz 21 inches
Excuse my typos, there is either a baby on my boob or sleeping in my arms

Thank you *sharon* for my adorable siggy

March 21st, 2013, 12:46 PM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for coming out on FB!! I hate that people think it is even OK to have an opinion....let alone actually speak it! Screw her!

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
March 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
MandersM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Screw her!

wth is wrong with people!??

Try not to let it get you down. Just think about all those people that sent their sincere congratulations. She can rot in her dead end job while you get on with your life...however YOU want to!!

TnPhotoMama81 likes this.
2nd GP Appt: 02/20 - wasn't able to pick up a heartbeat
3rd GP Appt: 02-21 - due to spotting, still no hb
1st U/S: 02/25 - 10wk u/s due to spotting > saw the hb and our little blob!!
NPT U/S: 03/15 - got a wave from our LO!! And all looks well. We went public!!
3rd GP Appt: 03/22 - heard the hb...157!
1st OB Appt: 04/22 - LOVE my OB. She doesn't rush, as is pretty knowledgable about crohn's and pregnancy. hb = 159!
20wk u/s: 05/06 - Loved seeing our little babe again! Tech was very tight lipped though, and no medical info was given. And we're holding off on the gender until the reveal party!!
Reveal Party: 05/18 - IT'S A GIRL!!!!
OB Appt: 05/22 -

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 21st, 2013, 01:04 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a cute way to come out on facebook! And as far as that woman goes, you have a friend over here who would like to tell her to bite a big one! Seriously, screw her - don't let her steal an ounce of the joy you must be feeling from all of the people who congratulated you.
March 21st, 2013, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I loved how you came out on FB - too cute!!!

As for your friend, some people are so miserable they love nothing better than to spread their misery to others:/ Shame on her for ruining your moment - it is NONE of her business what career path you choose for yourself! People like that just love to suck the life out of everyone else around them. HUGS - do not let her get to you

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
March 21st, 2013, 01:48 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG screw her, shes jealous perhaps. Its amazing how people jump to conclusions and assume WHY people do certain things.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

March 21st, 2013, 03:04 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Yay for coming out on Facebook!

I cannot BELIEVE someone said that to you. How totally rude. Screw her, indeed!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
March 21st, 2013, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is so rude. Glad you deleted her. With a "friend" like like who needs enemies you know?? That is just unbelievable the nerve some ppl have!

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
March 21st, 2013, 05:14 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess you should have deleted her a long time ago.... I wouldn't lose sleep over her. She obviously has issues.

March 21st, 2013, 06:05 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
wow, what a jerk!!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
March 21st, 2013, 06:45 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Ugh.. some people are just ridiculous. She is jealous... and just wants to try to bring you down. Don't let her! Delete her and forget her!

I loved your announcement too.. cute!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
March 21st, 2013, 07:09 PM
Veteran
Do you know whether she is trying to conceive? DH and I tried for 3 years and had two early miscarriages. Over the years it became very difficult to hear everyone's baby news - especially those who got pregnant easily/accidentally. While I tried my best to be supportive, and trust me it was difficult sometimes, I was often consumed by my own emotions (although I tried to keep them away from my expecting buddies). I was never (at least I don't think I was) a jerk to my friends, which it sounds like is the case here, but it may just be that she needs time to come to grips with her emotions. If not, then she's clearly not a friend.
March 21st, 2013, 08:05 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that is pretty bold of her. I understand it being a situation to be paranoid about what others think, but you know the truth and it's completely unfair (not to mention insanely rude) to accuse you of something like that when she doesn't know.

[/url]

March 21st, 2013, 09:00 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Congrats on your Facebook announcement. I sorry someone upset you.

March 21st, 2013, 11:21 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Definitely just jealous!

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
March 22nd, 2013, 06:02 AM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
Congrats on going public on FB!

At least everyone ELSE was supportive! I third what Allie and Manders said, "Screw her!" It just urks the hell out of me that some people try to stick their noses in other people's business and think it's welcome. It takes some guts to say that to someone. Sorry you're having to deal with that. Just chalk it up to stupidity and jealousy! You are way better than that! Just remember all of the people you do have supporting you and your decisions...all of us JM ladies included
March 22nd, 2013, 07:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow she is obviously out to hurt you and bring you down. You really should have deleted her long time back! Just focus on all the positive reactions. She doesn't deserve your time That's a cute FB announcement.

March 22nd, 2013, 05:11 PM
Maenfayne's Avatar Veteran
Thank you dearly for all your support. I'm trying to forget about her but it just keeps popping back into my head.

As far as I know she's not ttc, I don't even think she's had a relationship that's lasted more than a few dates in the past three years that I've known her.

10.03.13 8lbs 11oz 21 inches
Excuse my typos, there is either a baby on my boob or sleeping in my arms

Thank you *sharon* for my adorable siggy

March 23rd, 2013, 04:31 PM
Super Mommy
Sounds like someone is a little jelous you are moving on in life and she isn't..
Glad you deleted her
March 24th, 2013, 11:23 AM
CARLACB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Before I would have deleted her, I would have called her every name in the book; told her to kiss my ____ just to make me feel good lol Some people just don't know how to say congrats and move on.

Blended Family of 5 and 1 on the way.
Makhari 6
Maleaha 5
Coty, Jr 7

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search