Birth control?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 07:39 PM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you given any thought to what for of BC you will use after this baby if any?

We are about 50/50 on if we will have #3 or not. It just depends on how everything goes with #2 i guess. We plan to use condoms why I bf. I didn't have a period until I stopped EBF with karlee so hopefully that happens again but I am not putting all my eggs in that basket! After that I just don't know...probably NFP since that is what we were doing before. I an not a fan of the pill since I have had previous thyroid issues. Depo is also a huge no for me. IUDs scare the crap out of me! Once we are done having kids I will get the copper one probably until I can talk DH into getting snipped lol. Maybe the ring till then?

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
March 21st, 2013, 08:05 PM
Regular
This will be it for me...either an IUD or tubal ligation after this baby is born.
March 21st, 2013, 08:28 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i am 95% sure my hubby is getting the snip. i offered to get an iud but i don't think he wants to take any chances.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
March 21st, 2013, 08:44 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Up until now I have used pregnancy as my main birth control.

I partially breastfeed Quinn and did not get my fertility back for nine months! I exclusively breastfed Beau and got a BFP instead of a post partum period, yup they are 13 months apart.

I am definitely in the market for BC.

March 21st, 2013, 09:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
With both kids, BFing stopped ovulation until they weaned down to only a few nursing sessions a day. I may consider a copper IUD but definitely nothing permanent.

I am very aware of my body and fertility signs so I will just watch those until ovulation resumes and then we will discuss our options then.

March 21st, 2013, 10:18 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
I breatfeed and don't get my period back till after they are a year old. So just nursing until then, then we will see. Do they still do the ring? I tried that for ahile and that was my favorite, I have heard stories about IUDS making bad periods worst and I usually have pretty bad ones and don't want ot do anything that could make htem worse. , I really am terrible at remembering the pill so I'm not sure what we are going to do.
March 21st, 2013, 11:16 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Something estrogen free due to my clotting disorders.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
March 22nd, 2013, 04:08 AM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
The hubs is getting snipped during my pregnancy. We are SUPER finished!
beckiethedoula and kimberlyw like this.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

March 22nd, 2013, 07:25 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
The plan is actually for us to have one more, so we won't be exploring permanent options quite yet. I was practicing the sympto-thermal method of FAM since June of last year (we TTA until late August/September when we started actively TTC) and found it to work fairly well, at least for the short term. I won't *really* be able to do that properly while nursing and having irregular sleep so I'd like to look into learning LAM and using that if I can.

I do plan to EBF, though, so hopefully that holds us off for awhile and we only have to TTA for a little while before we're ready to try for our #2 (and probably last). I'm not willing to start hormonal BC again, especially for temporary TTA. After that, we're not opposed to permanent options (leaning towards the big V although I'm slightly skeptical about it - I have a niece who was a post-V baby ) but we haven't made any final decisions.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
March 22nd, 2013, 07:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We will research abt a vasectomy for DH. We are done after this one and DH is willing to get one. I just hope it works!! We have never used anything other than Condoms so far

Last edited by Anitha; March 22nd, 2013 at 08:16 AM.
March 22nd, 2013, 07:49 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm planning on BF for at least a year and hoping that I don't O until I'm done. After that, we'll see. This might be it, but I'd like to keep my options open for one more.
March 22nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnPhotoMama81 View Post
Something estrogen free due to my clotting disorders.
I've been told no hormonal bc ever again, so it'll be condoms at first and then figure out what options that leaves us with. Assuming everything goes well with this pregnancy we're done after this, so might consider more perm options too.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
March 22nd, 2013, 08:35 AM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think ill do oral contraception. I want another baby about 2 years after I have this little one. I want my children to be close in age.

March 22nd, 2013, 08:42 AM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
(leaning towards the big V although I'm slightly skeptical about it - I have a niece who was a post-V baby )
Don't you DARE say that. THOSE PEOPLE DO NOT EXIST.

I swear, if I get pregnant with number 6, I am blaming you entirely.
beckiethedoula and Keakie like this.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

March 22nd, 2013, 08:55 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are Catholic so we are against artificial birth control. The Catholic Church permits use of Natural Family Planning for a grave reason. I think we have a grave reason to not have any more (but not obligated to not have more) because of additional risk factors I have in my life now. I would likely be of "advanced maternal age" next pregnancy since I'll be 33 when this baby is born, plus this is the 2nd time I've had gestational diabetes (and this time I have it very early in pregnancy, so it's likely it will be pretty bad and I will require meds or insulin). Also, my understanding is each pregnancy from here on is kind of speeding up the process of me getting Type II diabetes. We'll see, though. All I know is we will use NFP after this birth (after LAM is no longer an option) and go from there.
Happy Song likes this.

[/url]

Last edited by TaraJo29; March 22nd, 2013 at 08:58 AM.
March 22nd, 2013, 09:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am Catholic too so no BC here. Even if I weren't though, Idon't like the idea of putting anything in my body like that. I felt guilty enough taking Zofran.

We use NFP along with a fertility monitor to help give us some heads up and confirm Ovulation with the temp increase and my monitor. This last time we just couldn't help ourselves!!
TaraJo29 likes this.

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
March 22nd, 2013, 09:29 AM
kaylacaroline's Avatar Veteran
It took almost 2 years to conceive after my first pregnancy/miscarriage, so I doubt I will be doing any birth control. After number 2, I'm getting my tubes tied for sure. I only want two and my religion allows for whatever. Hell, I really didn't want kids until I miscarried. Somehow getting pregnant that time flipped a switch. I'm sure I'd even be happy with one, but Dh wants two.

March 22nd, 2013, 10:32 AM
Destiny
I've been using FAM with great results and will continue to do so while we TTA after this baby. But I have been trying to convince DH to get the Big V when we feel done.

March 25th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Super Mommy
SO is getting snipped. 4 is plenty for me

March 25th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is hopefully getting snipped in the next 2 months - he has a referral to the urologist so he should be able to get it done soon This is definitely our last
beckiethedoula likes this.

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search