My OB visit yesterday

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Anitha
  • 1 Post By L-SBB
  • 1 Post By Babybear4
  • 1 Post By Keakie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had an OB visit yesterday evening and I finally got to meet her! ( My last appt was with the NP) I peed in a cup. She did a pap :/ She has given me a referral to Fetal maternal medicine. They will be calling and setting up an appt with me for the first trimester screening ( NT scan + blood test) AND/OR the MaterniT21. I emphasized that I was only interested in the MaterniT21, but she insisted that she refer me for both and have them explain to me about both after which I can make my decision

My insurance says it covers both 100% . But DH made the call and he did not ask all the right questions...like is it still covered even if I am not categorized as high risk? etc.

We heard the baby's heartbeat. She said it was in the 160s and sounded pretty close to the surface & wouldn't be surprized if I started feeling baby. I was impressed!

When I mentioned about SPD & Chiropractors & how PT had not been much help the last time around, she kept saying, still it would be a good idea to get the belt at around 20 weeks. She had nothing against me seeing a chiropractor, but as far as she knew they cant help much with this problem either. Of course she can refer me to a PT again if I wished!!

Finally she made me get the Flu shot!! Not to start a debate here. DD is fully vaxed. But I have never had much faith in the Flu shot. We have given it to her 2 out her 4 winters( when she has been going to daycare) I have never had it in my 11 yrs of living in the USA. I just know its R & D'd & manufactured in such a short time and the protection rate is so low, plus there are risks associated. The risks vs benefits just doesn't add up for me.... Any how, she was pretty persuasive and had me get the Flushot right there and assured me that I will be getting one in September as well!! I just told myself I am picking my battles. But I wish I didn't have any battles at all with my OB!! Hmm...I so hope she does bulldoze over me during labor and have me end up with all sorts of interventions

That was it - I will be seeing Fetal maternal medicine in a few days hopefully and wont have another appt until next month.
Keakie likes this.

March 22nd, 2013, 08:44 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Sounds like a good appt! Your insurance may well cover NT plus the newer tests, a lot of doctors have started to refer all women (regardless of age/risk) for that, but agree its smart to confirm first so you don't get a surprise bill. I get the flu shot every year, and def plan to do it before baby is born this fall too...
Anitha likes this.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
March 22nd, 2013, 09:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a great appiontment, other than the flu shot!
Anitha likes this.

March 22nd, 2013, 10:33 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Sounds like a good appointment! Leaving my personal feelings about vaccines aside, it's a little weird that they had you get a flu shot in late March IMO, but I'm glad that you're happy with how things went overall.
Anitha likes this.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
March 22nd, 2013, 10:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
It's a little weird that they had you get a flu shot in late March IMO
I know right? Then again its still winter weather here...I am not so much against the flushot...I was just a bit annoyed that she talked me into something that I didn't want. And it worries me a bit that she might get a bit pushy when it comes to interventions and I really don't want to brace myself for that everytime I see here KWIM? She seemed very nice though...not rude or anything, had a good sense of humor etc. I don't hate her, but i don't love her either...we'll see how things play out.

March 22nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great appointment...minus the pap of of course. Lucky you that your insurance covers both MaterniT21 and the NT scan...I'm going with MaterniT21 myself, but will have to pay like $250 out of pocket.
March 22nd, 2013, 12:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly Lama View Post
Sounds like a great appointment...minus the pap of of course. Lucky you that your insurance covers both MaterniT21 and the NT scan...I'm going with MaterniT21 myself, but will have to pay like $250 out of pocket.
Yeah, but I mentioned it was DH who made the call right? I really can't be certain. It might still be that have to pay the $250 minimum...I really have to call them again.

March 22nd, 2013, 01:20 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Yeah, but I mentioned it was DH who made the call right?
Good point.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search