How long did it take?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It was a pretty big surprise. We were using condoms and FAM and got pg in November, which ended in a miscarriage. I got pregnant with this baby about 3 weeks after miscarrying! I hadn't even had my first period after the miscarriage...

March 23rd, 2013, 09:48 AM
Super Mommy
This baby was VERY much planned!!!

We started trying last April and got pregnant the first month. I then miscarried twins at 9 weeks. I then had a messed up cycle for 3 months after that so we couldnt get pregnant. Then we had one cycle where we didnt get pregnant when we tried. Then the next month we got pregnant but it ended early in another miscarriage and then the following cycle I found out I was pregnant Christmas morning with this baby! I was taking my temperature, using OPKS and we were having crazy amounts of sex to get pregnant!

We are so happy this lil one is on its way!

*Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!*
06/12 11/12

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 23rd, 2013, 11:12 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz bevan View Post
We had been trying for three years. We have un explained infertility. The doctors cannot find anything wrong with me or dh. We ended up getting pregnant on the first cycle of ivf. The strange thing is that we have had two other natural pregnancies. We are just so happy about finally being pregnant
This is almost my exact story! I had two early miscarriages over three years. We decided to just have fun and surprise ! We have made it so much further this time, which is awesome, but it is difficult not to worry.

Last edited by littlecatlady; March 23rd, 2013 at 11:18 AM.
March 23rd, 2013, 11:29 AM
Destiny
We TTC. We started nine days before I ovulated, and got our pregnancy test early, I think it was 17 days of TTC in all, including the wait. It went very fast, I'm still feeling a little overwhelmed by it.

March 23rd, 2013, 11:42 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were using NFP to prevent since my dd was born, then we broke the rules, knowing we were taking the chance of getting pregnant. We weren't trying, but our dd was well over a year old and so we thought if it happens, it happens. And it did! lol

[/url]

March 23rd, 2013, 01:10 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
this was just my 2nd cycle back after having emily. we were TTA using nfp and pull out. idk if i mistimed things or if one just got away, but here we are!

It took me 2 years to get pregnant with my first. i have since gotten pregnant after my 2nd ppaf twice now. its just crazy to me.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
March 23rd, 2013, 01:22 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Definitely planned.. we tried for almost 3 years total. We ended up having to go to a fertility doc. After a whole round of IVF, 2 IUIs and 3 losses here we are!

Even though we did an IUI I was still surprised. I had been really pessimistic after so much time.

So happy to be here!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
March 23rd, 2013, 01:34 PM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
Well our situation was kind of different. After we had Athena, I had the IUD put in because we wanted to wait at least 5 years before having another baby, and then I had major problems with the IUD because it apparently fell out of my uterus and was sitting on my cervix when I went to the ER for a 2nd time because of excruciating pain. So thankfully they removed it for me. Then Eric and I got to talking because I was having baby fever around that time anyway...so except for the pain and fear, I suppose looking back I'm kind of happy things went the way they did because I was having 2nd thoughts anyway...

We ended up deciding to go ahead and TTC, which I then got pregnant immediately. I don't know exactly when I conceived yet, but all of that happened in December and then I got a positive test in January.
March 23rd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Regular
I guess we were NTNP. I had to have my IUD removed because it had been in for 7 years and I definitely didn't want to get pregnant with it still in place. I can't take hormonal BC because of my blood pressure, and we decided against barrier methods such as condoms. We figured that it was very unlikely that we would get pregnant because I am past 40 (where fertility is supposed to take a nose-dive) and because he had some life history that was supposed to impair fertility...so we decided that we would just go without BC and enjoy ourselves. I never got that first period after my IUD was removed...got pregnant right away. Definitely a surprise to get pregnant so quickly. We were a little bit in shock when we first found out, but very excited now to have the chance to have a baby together.
March 23rd, 2013, 03:19 PM
Super Mommy
With my first I got pregnant the first time we DTD without protection.

So I planned my second around the same time and same thing, pregnant on the first try.

So with this one ... Same thing, pregnant the first time.

I guess we are a fertility power couple
March 23rd, 2013, 05:20 PM
Super Mommy
THis baby was somewhat of a surprise.

Basically i was JUST starting regular bc after having been on my mini-pill because of bf DS. We DTD once in like a 2 week period (serious drought...) and BAM pregnant..

A little bit of a shock, a litle sooner then we were thinking but we wanted a 2nd baby eventually.
March 24th, 2013, 12:22 PM
CARLACB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It was a surprise because I was on birth control but I was getting off after that last pack lol After Makhari, I said I was going to have another child when he was 5. He will be 6 in July so everything kind of worked out.

Blended Family of 5 and 1 on the way.
Makhari 6
Maleaha 5
Coty, Jr 7
March 24th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Regular
I went off BC in mid December and conceived 2 weeks later. A little fast but I feel very lucky. We wanted our kids close together - they will be 18 months apart.
March 24th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We were TTC but without opks. I temped & charted. But we didn't have enough sex the first 4 months & we mistimed it, we were aiming for cd 13, 14 , 15 on a 27 -28 day cycle. My charts started showing the I wwas Oing sooner than I thought & I was having stronger & weaker ovulations every other month. The fifth cycle was actually a weaker ovulation cycle but we DTD on cd 12 & bam BFP. I was soo happy because I was getting frustrated that it hadn't happened after 4 tries. DD was concieved on our very first cycle. I used OPKs then. Should have done that this time too

March 24th, 2013, 04:04 PM
H_Hplus1's Avatar Supermom to 6
We tried for 2 years then decided we were done. We actually were in a 5 day fight and "cough cough" made up. Forgot about BC that night

Jace Allan 7 lb 3 oz, 20 1/2 "

My other beautiful children and precious baby Grandson!!
March 25th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This baby was a complete surprise - we were using condoms and had a malfunction ONE time:/ I was supposed to start my BCP the weekend I found out I was pregnant LMBO. Such is life though

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
March 25th, 2013, 11:51 AM
caseyswife123's Avatar Loving Mommyhood<3
Send a message via Skype™ to caseyswife123
Good questions!

After having very irregular periods (I didn't ovulate regularly) when I was heavier, I was convinced it would take us forever to get pregnant- after I'd lost 50 lbs. my cycles were like clockwork, and then we waited a few more months to actively try until I'd lost around 80 lbs. We had NTNP previously- but I was ovulating probably 2 times a year. Not exactly a baby-making climate.

I was pleasantly surprised it only took us 3 months! The first 2 months I tracked with OPK tests and got frustrated with negative pregnancy tests, so decided to just have fun until we started fresh in January.

Anddddd yep. Got knocked up in December. Hurray!

Ready to give Brayden a brother or sister!
March 25th, 2013, 12:10 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Oh definitely extremely planned...we started to TTC a sibling for Savannah in Aug 2011, and including the 3 m/c we suffered on that journey it took 16 months to achieve this pregnancy (4th cycle of trying after our 3rd m/c). I can't even count all of the tests, the medications, the scans & procedures I endured to get here

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search