How long did it take?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 07:12 PM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where you actively TTC? if so for how long?

Were you NTNP? is so for how long?

Or was this baby a surprise? if it was what if any BC were you using?

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
March 22nd, 2013, 07:31 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
Suprise! But DH and I both had a feeling we where going to have another one soon.
March 22nd, 2013, 07:45 PM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We were NTNP. We had been using NFP cuz I wanted to run a half marathon and I ran one in Nov and one in Dec and then we decided to just roll the dice after that...I got prego obviously right after that! Ran my race and was prego two weeks later!

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
March 22nd, 2013, 08:03 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Surprise. No birth control lol...

We were using the breastfeeding method but when we started solids at 6 months she wasn't eating as much off me. So then of course I got my period at 7 months. I used ovulation strips to detect when I was going to ovulate and I got a + on Christmas eve. We abstained for a couple of days but we had sex a few days BEFORE I got my + so pretty sure that is what did it.

I am really surprised bc it took 9 months to get pregnant with Emily and I had to use Soy Isoflavones to get pregnant with her. Soy is supposed to work like clomid. So kinda shocked it happened so fast.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
March 22nd, 2013, 08:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would have to say NTNP. We knew I was ovulating and just decided that whatever happens, happens. We had TTC for 3 months earlier in the year and then decided to wait. Then, in December, he got a new job and we sorta talked about it but mostly didn't. We just...uh...enjoyed ourselves.
Happy Song likes this.

March 22nd, 2013, 08:33 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
We started TTC in September, so we conceived on our 4th cycle of trying. We NTNP in August, if that counts too.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
March 22nd, 2013, 08:43 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This baby was very planned. We were TTC for a year... With acupuncture, supplements, the works.
TnPhotoMama81 likes this.

March 22nd, 2013, 09:30 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Where you actively TTC? if so for how long? Hum maybe

Were you NTNP? is so for how long? I think this is a better answer. We lost our baby September 13th. My doctor said to wait a few months inferring around spring. So we were not actively ttc but where ntnp. I was watching my cycle but not charting or taking OPKs. So it was three and half months.

Or was this baby a surprise? if it was what if any BC were you using? Only that it happened so fast

March 22nd, 2013, 09:50 PM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were NTNP since Kaden's birth. I wanted another closer in age, but it just didnt happen until now! We were still surprised though...happily!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 22nd, 2013, 10:12 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was TTC a month before SO went away for like 9 months on a job, he came home periodically, but it was never when I was ovulating, so I planned to try when he got home but I got pregnant right away so we didn't have to wait long. We weren't really trying either, we were just "catching up" from all the time he had been gone.

March 22nd, 2013, 10:23 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnPhotoMama81 View Post
Surprise. No birth control lol...

We were using the breastfeeding method but when we started solids at 6 months she wasn't eating as much off me. So then of course I got my period at 7 months. I used ovulation strips to detect when I was going to ovulate and I got a + on Christmas eve. We abstained for a couple of days but we had sex a few days BEFORE I got my + so pretty sure that is what did it.

I am really surprised bc it took 9 months to get pregnant with Emily and I had to use Soy Isoflavones to get pregnant with her. Soy is supposed to work like clomid. So kinda shocked it happened so fast.
Thus is me exactly, except that I didn't get a positive opk so I thought my body just wasn't o'ing in Nov. I had 16 months of fertility treatments to try for Ry, but ended up taking a break and trying soy for the first time when we got pregnant with Ry. That stuff is amazing!
TnPhotoMama81 likes this.

March 22nd, 2013, 10:36 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayAnd2Angels View Post
Thus is me exactly, except that I didn't get a positive opk so I thought my body just wasn't o'ing in Nov. I had 16 months of fertility treatments to try for Ry, but ended up taking a break and trying soy for the first time when we got pregnant with Ry. That stuff is amazing!
That is awesome! I definitely believe in it. It worked twice for us but the first time ended in a loss before we found out about the clotting disorders.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
March 22nd, 2013, 10:40 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnPhotoMama81 View Post
That is awesome! I definitely believe in it. It worked twice for us but the first time ended in a loss before we found out about the clotting disorders.
I also have a clotting disorder. Crazy how much our TTC journey matches up!

March 22nd, 2013, 11:49 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
We had been trying for three years. We have un explained infertility. The doctors cannot find anything wrong with me or dh. We ended up getting pregnant on the first cycle of ivf. The strange thing is that we have had two other natural pregnancies. We are just so happy about finally being pregnant

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
March 23rd, 2013, 03:39 AM
Badass
I was on the pill and very paranoid about it so it was always on time and I hadn't missed a day in well over a year haha. So definitely a surprise! Me and my partner both took it really bad at first, but are starting to get quite excited about it now, so it all worked out
March 23rd, 2013, 06:45 AM
LauraS214's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where you actively TTC? if so for how long? Nope! We tried a few months before but nothing happened so we stopped because I'm a wedding photographer and didn't want to be pregnant and doing weddings in the heat. Baby had other plans lol. I had to cancel one wedding because its Sept 21...I'm due the 19th lol

Were you NTNP? is so for how long? I guess you could say that since we didn't use any method at all (we really thought something was wrong that's why I didn't get pregnant the months before)

Or was this baby a surprise? if it was what if any BC were you using? HUGE surprise!

Expecting a baby GIRL on 09.19.13

March 23rd, 2013, 06:46 AM
MandersM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It was planned! We were lucky & it happened in our second cycle of trying. I really thought we had missed out that month. I wasn't doing o strips or temping, I was just trying to track my cycle & when I thought I was ovulating. According to my tracker I would have o'd on dec 29, but due to DH's schedule we didn't dtd til the 31st. I'm so glad my tracker was wrong!
2nd GP Appt: 02/20 - wasn't able to pick up a heartbeat
3rd GP Appt: 02-21 - due to spotting, still no hb
1st U/S: 02/25 - 10wk u/s due to spotting > saw the hb and our little blob!!
NPT U/S: 03/15 - got a wave from our LO!! And all looks well. We went public!!
3rd GP Appt: 03/22 - heard the hb...157!
1st OB Appt: 04/22 - LOVE my OB. She doesn't rush, as is pretty knowledgable about crohn's and pregnancy. hb = 159!
20wk u/s: 05/06 - Loved seeing our little babe again! Tech was very tight lipped though, and no medical info was given. And we're holding off on the gender until the reveal party!!
Reveal Party: 05/18 - IT'S A GIRL!!!!
OB Appt: 05/22 -

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 23rd, 2013, 06:57 AM
mommyof2boys0207's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This baby was a surprise...well we had been using condoms for a while, then one night we didn't and here I am. So I guess it was a ntnp for that night only. With all my other pregnancies, we got pregnant with in the first month.
DD- Savannah - June 30th, 2011
DS- Jameson - September 18th, 2013
March 23rd, 2013, 07:05 AM
kaylacaroline's Avatar Veteran
Where you actively TTC? if so for how long? TTC 3 years. Gave up with my last miscarriage in December 2012. Didn't DTD for weeks....Until a drunken quickie on New Years... Lol.

Were you NTNP? is so for how long? I did stop tracking so much last year, so I guess you could say that. But we were hoping.

Or was this baby a surprise? if it was what if any BC were you using? A definite surprise. I mean, we only did it once. And then it was a surprise to see a heartbeat... and then a full blown baby. Every thing is a surprise. Being able to carry in the first trimester without progesterone. Amazing.

March 23rd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We TTC for two years. We had pretty much given up on having another kid and moved onto what our life was going to look like as a family of 3.

It was a shock, because E was a total against-all-odds surprise. This time, we went the whole first year with no signs that we could get pregnant again. Then in the second year we got pregnant 3 times! Which is all the more weird because since I have PCOS, after a miscarriage, my body takes at LEAST 3 months to cycle again. SO like in 4 cycles we were able to even try, I got pregnant 3 times. It was SO weird.

I had no idea I had ovulated again since my last miscarriage! It was like CD 70something since my betas hit 0 again when we conceived and I hadn't had a period yet! Crazy.

Now I believe it was an on and off yeast infection that persisted almost the whole first year that caused the "infertility." I mean, what else could it have been?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search