Who else hasn't told family yet?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By jensma
  • 2 Post By Sour Amaretto
  • 2 Post By ValyntineG
  • 4 Post By TaraJo29
  • 1 Post By TayAnd2Angels

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2013, 01:28 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
We are still waiting to tell. Not sure when we will announce. I thought about on April Fools for funsies but maybe if for some reason we get an ultrasound at my 16 week appt and find out gender we may just tell then haha. It is the same week after April Fools though

If we don't find out then I have thought about waiting til my 20 week ultrasound to tell everyone we are pregnant and have a gender to go along with it. People would be like "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"

Ugh I dunno. Still just kinda dreading telling no matter when it is.

I just don't want people to judge mainly bc our daughter isn't even 1 yet and our family knows we live in a really small home and don't have room as it is for the two kids we already have. That and my mom worries a LOT when I am pregnant bc I have to be on blood thinners. I just don't wanna hear it. I am glad she cares but I hate discussing the dangers of this and that every time we get on the phone.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
March 23rd, 2013, 02:39 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i had most of the same worries, emily just turned 1 last month, and all 3 of my kids will be less than 3 years apart. i feared the reaction. we just told last sunday. i just wanted to get it out. so far the reaction has just been shock but i figured that would be the least of my problems. so its been better than i thought.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
March 23rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
We just did last week, Only because I didn't want to have to tell everyone to STFU b/c this is number 5 and I have a blood disorder and a few other medical issues and people always have an opinion Not to mention number 3 is 20 months and number 4 is 7 months old so we give people all kinds of things to talk about. Try not to stress about it, people will have an opinion regardless.
TnPhotoMama81 and jensma like this.

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13
March 23rd, 2013, 04:41 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't told anyone besides our parents. I'm not sure when we will! We just want make sure baby is well before we announce since we have previous losses.

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
March 23rd, 2013, 05:06 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
You know I sympathize with you big time on this. We're in the same boat here as far as space/babies close together. But I actually told mine right when I found out. They were surprisingly supportive and even a little bit happy! Maybe yours will be too. Regardless of the lack of space, you're a great mom. Hopefully they can get excited about it
TnPhotoMama81 and kimberlyw like this.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

March 23rd, 2013, 09:01 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we have not told DH's side of the family yet. We haven't seen them since Christmas. My gender u/s is on the 29th and we'll see them at EAster, we're going to tell them then. I am kind of dreading it because I don't really expect a good reaction.

March 23rd, 2013, 09:06 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have not told many, family on my side know, it only consists of 3 members and their spouces. DH family, his sister and his parents know the rest do not know that I know of unless MIL told. My kids DO NOT know yet.

Don't feel like people will judge cus your lo isn't even 1 yet. Look at the ages of all of mine. Our #5 and #6 are 11 months apart lol Its all good.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

March 24th, 2013, 06:21 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You know, some people who want to judge aren't happy for you until you have a huge, new house, your kids are the *right* space apart in their mind, your husband has a great job, you have excellent insurance, each kid has their own room, etc. Some people would never have kids if they waited until the stars aligned or worried about what everyone else thought. It's your business and not everyone else's. I do know what it's like to worry about what other people think (way too much), but really... a small house is so not something to feel bad about. I have 5 kids (and am expecting our 6th) and we live in a little house that is 1,100 square feet. Do I wish we had a bigger house? um, YES. But it is what it is and nobody is neglected. Those of us in first world countries have it pretty darn good and sometimes have WAY higher standards for our families and living situations than necessary.

[/url]

March 24th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I have told everyone I am telling. My siblings and MIL aren't being told.

March 24th, 2013, 11:31 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally get it. At least since you are expecting it to be bad, if they are nice about it you will be pleasantly surprised?
MandersM likes this.

March 25th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Super Mommy
We told at 12 weeks and I dont think I got a single congrats or I am happy for you or anything from either of our families. Friends were great. We have a tiny house and are currently house shopping and Istay home and SO doesnt have the greatest job. We also said after the youngest we were done since I ran into so many issues, but over the summer we decided to start trying again. I am 6 weeks behind my SIL and she doesnt seem very happy about it but she is the princess type and everything needs to be about her

March 25th, 2013, 07:46 AM
We started to tell yesterday because I can't hide my growing belly anymore! We wanted to wait until Easter and dye our son a big brother egg but this baby has other ideas!
March 25th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sure it will go better than you are expecting - you and Jeremy are great parents and you have adorable kiddos GL and kup - HUGS

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
March 25th, 2013, 08:10 AM
MandersM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel you on the "nagging mother" thing. I should have never told her I was spotting. Now everytime I mention not feeling 100% she always brings it up "well, are you still spotting?" It's spotting mom...totally normal! Give up already!!
(sorry...that turned into a mini rant!)

I hope people surprise you & are happy for you! GL and let us know how it goes...whenever you decide to do it!
2nd GP Appt: 02/20 - wasn't able to pick up a heartbeat
3rd GP Appt: 02-21 - due to spotting, still no hb
1st U/S: 02/25 - 10wk u/s due to spotting > saw the hb and our little blob!!
NPT U/S: 03/15 - got a wave from our LO!! And all looks well. We went public!!
3rd GP Appt: 03/22 - heard the hb...157!
1st OB Appt: 04/22 - LOVE my OB. She doesn't rush, as is pretty knowledgable about crohn's and pregnancy. hb = 159!
20wk u/s: 05/06 - Loved seeing our little babe again! Tech was very tight lipped though, and no medical info was given. And we're holding off on the gender until the reveal party!!
Reveal Party: 05/18 - IT'S A GIRL!!!!
OB Appt: 05/22 -

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 25th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Super Mommy
We dyed eggs to announce but I posted it last week I couldnt wait lol

March 25th, 2013, 08:34 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
we haven't told anyone yet (other than at work, weirdly, because I had to explain the whole bed rest situation)...we were going to tell this weekend but decided against it because my mom is having surgery today and didn't want to worry her with all the issues I've been dealing with, so now game plan is I think to tell in 2 weeks when she's out of hospital & recovered and we've had our next scan with the peri just to make sure everything is ok. Once we tell Savannah, everyone will know...lol

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search