Change Table Opinions

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 08:52 AM
MandersM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies.... I know a lot of you stated that you did use a change table, but I need opinions on which style would be best.

Storkcraft

Or South Shore

I think the south shore would be ideal because it has the section on top & the pull out drawer to keep changing supplies. As opposed to the storkcraft that would have that shelf, and have to bend down & get them, or pull out a basket. But the south shore is $50 more.

Looking for opinions please!!!
2nd GP Appt: 02/20 - wasn't able to pick up a heartbeat
3rd GP Appt: 02-21 - due to spotting, still no hb
1st U/S: 02/25 - 10wk u/s due to spotting > saw the hb and our little blob!!
NPT U/S: 03/15 - got a wave from our LO!! And all looks well. We went public!!
3rd GP Appt: 03/22 - heard the hb...157!
1st OB Appt: 04/22 - LOVE my OB. She doesn't rush, as is pretty knowledgable about crohn's and pregnancy. hb = 159!
20wk u/s: 05/06 - Loved seeing our little babe again! Tech was very tight lipped though, and no medical info was given. And we're holding off on the gender until the reveal party!!
Reveal Party: 05/18 - IT'S A GIRL!!!!
OB Appt: 05/22 -

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 24th, 2013, 09:05 AM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
You already know my opinion chica!
March 24th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Regular
Although I like them both I would go with Southshore...once the baby is a little older he/she will pull anything off the open shelves, which I am going through right now (my changing tablle doesn't have any drawers - just 2 open shelves).

DS just turned 1 and has been walking for about a month. I like to let him play in his room while I clean the room, put away his clothes, etc. Although the room is FULL of toys the first thing he goes for is everything on the shelves of the changing table
March 24th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Good point!!! Thanks!
1st OB Appt: 04/22 - LOVE my OB. She doesn't rush, as is pretty knowledgable about crohn's and pregnancy. hb = 159!
20wk u/s: 05/06 - Loved seeing our little babe again! Tech was very tight lipped though, and no medical info was given. And we're holding off on the gender until the reveal party!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 24th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would find that drawer hideously annoying. Having to step aside and open it every time to get what you need would just get on my nerves more and more over time. Baskets are super easy.

And if there are drawers, your baby WILL slam their fingers in them during their open/close/open/close phase - probably several times. Especially if they are on metal runners that make them easy to close like in that picture. I looked it up and there's no safety feature on it to keep it from slamming - one nudge and it will slam all the way.

March 24th, 2013, 01:34 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden View Post
I would find that drawer hideously annoying. Having to step aside and open it every time to get what you need would just get on my nerves more and more over time. Baskets are super easy.
Ditto. If I was going to buy a changing table I'd get the first one.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
March 24th, 2013, 01:38 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I like the top one better!

March 24th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am one of those that don't use a changing table, but I would get the top one as it seems like easier access to supplies, with one hand while other hand on squirming baby!
L-SBB and H_Hplus1 like this.

March 24th, 2013, 04:09 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The floor is best :-) no need to worry about accidents!
If I had to pick I'd say the first one. I find that slider drawer thing ugly.

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
March 24th, 2013, 05:31 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
The bottom one looks like a parenting nightmare. I hate any kinds of drawers in babies' rooms. I much prefer changing tables with shelves. I just used cute little bins to keep everything in.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

March 24th, 2013, 05:36 PM
LauraS214's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't use a changing table but I would pick the top one. I'm not a fan of the bottom. We use the floor, bed or ottoman lol

March 24th, 2013, 05:54 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like them both. I like the way the second one has the diapers stacked up. I like the first one cus its more convenient and less annoying. However I am more *cheap* I use the floor. I think once they start to roll over that it becomes a safety hazard or rather a juggle of hands to keep baby even in the straps and what not. I use the floor with a blanket But Im a btdt mom and I just do whats easiest LOL
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

March 24th, 2013, 06:01 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
I'm still looking at the bottom one and imagining how fun it'll be when diarrhea poop/milk/juice gets all in the drawer track and you have to crawl on your hands and knees with a ******* toothbrush and a Q-tip trying to get that **** out.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

March 24th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Super Mommy
I think i'd go with the top one too..Baskets are super easy.

I didn't buy a change table for DS, I painted a dresser we already had white that was the perfect height and bought a contoured changing pad for on top. I had enough room for a basket on top of the dresser on the end beside the changing pad. I love how easy it is to grab what I need when I need it. I store clothes in the drawers under neath as well as extra diapers. I usually need to refill my basket with diapers weekly.
March 25th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Super Mommy
I like the top one better, but I am not a changing table type of person. I use the floor, couch, bed, crib when the mattress was at the highest setting.

March 25th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Thanks for all the feedback ladies! I definitely thought about what you girls said, but I went with the bottom one anyway!

I like that it has the space on top to put supplies that we will need while changing. the side drawer likely wont' even be used while actually changing...maybe just to keep spares of the top items in case DH doesn't replace it when he empties it!

If the sliding drawers thing becomes a problem (as it would for the first because that one has drawers too) I will get those child lock things.

Again, thanks for all the feedback...it definitely gave me a lot to think about!!

Oh, and I have no idea where I will change the baby when he/she actually comes, but I needed a dresser for the room anyway, so it's a dual purpose item!

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 25th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Super Mommy
I think you will like having a place for supplies on the top of the dresser. It will be handy for sure. When DS was just born, I changed him alot downstairs just using a changing pad on the couch. THis time I will have my pack n play set up down stairs to use.

I would make sure you have a changing station on every level of the house. The last thing you will want to do is hull ur butt upstairs to change the baby when you are exhausted
March 26th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Oh yeah...I'm fully expecting to be changing the baby on the main floor in the living room too! I'm sure I'll have diapers, wipes & cream on every level...and likely in multiple rooms!

It's like I find "poop bags" for my dog in all of pockets & purses...because you never know when you'll need one!

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 26th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Regular
The floor is my favorite changing table...there is absolutely zero chance that the baby will fall off the floor.
L-SBB likes this.
March 26th, 2013, 12:49 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
I'll ditto Anitha...I bought a lovely changing table for PBK with Savannah, and within days realized I hate using changing tables, pulled the pad down onto the floor along with one of the pretty baskets (they are multifunctional! we use them now for bath stuff) and from that point forward changed her on pad on floor - this becomes essential once they get big enough to fight a diaper change unless you're really lucky and yours never does that LOL.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search