LIVID! -Rant ahead-

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LadyMorgan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 12:13 PM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
So my bf and I are currently living in an apartment complex. Price is good, location is amazing and it's pretty quiet/drama-free here. No loud, noisy neighbors...and no sketch balls. I have been here since August of last year and have had some maintenance issues....first, my oven broke. The temp was waaaaaay off and I was burning everything that I cooked. It took them a week and a half but the finally bought us a new stove. Second, we had no hot water for 2 days. They finally came out and did something to fix that. Third, we had no air conditioning. Finally came out after two days and fixed that. Fourth, the dryer started acting up....it would be on for 5 minutes and cut off. Then there was no heat to actually dry the clothes. They came out and looked at it like 5 times and kept telling me that I was "using the wrong setting." Are you kidding me?! These maintenance MEN were telling me that I was using the WRONG SETTING on the dryer. Puh-lease! I think they finally realized that something was really wrong with the dryer when it ran for 11 hours STRAIGHT! I fell asleep on the sofa one night after putting a load of clothes in and when I woke up the next morning, it was still going. Scary! Finally, they came and checked it for the millionth time and realized that the heating and timing element was gone on the dryer and just bought us a new dryer....after not having a functioning one for 3.5 weeks.

But today, every button I have has been pushed. I am FED UP! Friday night, I went to take a shower and had hot water for all of 2 minutes...if that. Yesterday, I had to rush through a shower because the hot water lasted for all of 30 seconds...then it turned FREEZING cold. My poor bf had to take an ice cold shower. Then this morning, there has been no hot water at all. I finally lost it and called the emergency maintenance. It's an answering service so the lady took my call and said she would dispatch someone out to come look at it. About 10 minutes later, my phone rang and it was one of the maintenance guys from our complex. He was calling me to say "I'm sorry ma'am but not having hot water is not considered an emergency. Someone will be out to check either tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday afternoon at the latest." Maybe it was my pregnancy hormones but I absolutely lost it on the phone with him. I'm sorry but he may not consider it an emergency but I bet he isn't sitting at home unable to take a friggin shower! I refuse to take an ICE COLD shower when it is friggin snowing outside! No thank you! So now, I have to wait until possibly Tuesday to have hot water. This is such BS! I'm so annoyed. I WILL be going to the property manager tomorrow afternoon to let her know about this "little issue."

Is it July yet so we can move??

UGH!

Last edited by AmbzAsh; March 24th, 2013 at 12:16 PM.
March 24th, 2013, 12:45 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Oh man that is so craptastic! I hate living places where maintenance and the office really doesn't give two ****s whether or not your stuff works. I complained for a month once when water was coming through the ceiling every time our upstairs neighbor showered...GROSS. Finally the leak got really bad one night to where his nasty shower water was POURING out of our ceiling. The ceiling started to mold too and sag. I would have called the health dept on them but we were moving that next month and I was just done dealing with the whole thing.

I am sorry...I hope it gets fixed before then. That is really hard to go without hot water. I would write the property manager a long letter explaining every time you have had problems and the details of them not trying to fix it right etc. I think that kinda **** is such bs and when they are not giving you the service you deserve you should be able to get out of any contract.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
March 24th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh that would drive me nuts!Not having hot water would just be impossible for me to deal with. When we were in this same situation(no hot water is not an emergency & I am forced to take cold showers the rest of the weekend), I actually boiled pots of water on my stove and used a bucket to wash/shower myself!! I just cannot take a cold shower even in the summer. The management sure doesn't seem to know what maintenance is! Otherwise they wouldn't have such craptastic appliances in the first place. So sorry you are dealing with this. Start looking for a good place..if things don't improve soon you still have grounds to break the lease. Just keep notes & records of all the issues. So mad for you

March 24th, 2013, 03:11 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would keep calling. An follow up with management about their horrible service.

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
March 24th, 2013, 04:25 PM
MandersM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's ridiculous!! I'm sorry you have to wait until July!! Are you sure you can't find anyone to sublet?! Maybe even someone you know & trust. I hope they come out tomorrow & actually fix it.
2nd GP Appt: 02/20 - wasn't able to pick up a heartbeat
3rd GP Appt: 02-21 - due to spotting, still no hb
1st U/S: 02/25 - 10wk u/s due to spotting > saw the hb and our little blob!!
NPT U/S: 03/15 - got a wave from our LO!! And all looks well. We went public!!
3rd GP Appt: 03/22 - heard the hb...157!
1st OB Appt: 04/22 - LOVE my OB. She doesn't rush, as is pretty knowledgable about crohn's and pregnancy. hb = 159!
20wk u/s: 05/06 - Loved seeing our little babe again! Tech was very tight lipped though, and no medical info was given. And we're holding off on the gender until the reveal party!!
Reveal Party: 05/18 - IT'S A GIRL!!!!
OB Appt: 05/22 -

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 24th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Ugh, I'm so sorry! That sounds terrible. FWIW, I'm right there with you - we chose an apartment complex following our big move and it isn't terrible, but it leaves a lot to be desired (and our neighbors are SO freakin' loud ALL THE TIME). We move in a few more months too and can't wait to be out of here.

I can't believe they're having you wait DAYS for hot water.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my fabulous siggie!
March 24th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Regular
The major appliances may have all been installed new at the same time and are reaching the end of their lifespan at the same time...after everything is replaced, you should have all new appliances so maybe it would make sense to stay put and use them for a while?
MandersM likes this.
March 24th, 2013, 04:57 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow|!
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

March 24th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Super Mommy
mmmm...If you want to leave before July, you probably can. my sister is a lawyer and she said basically every lease has a loop hole. Maybe talk to the housing tribunal (or whoever deals with landlord/tenant problems). The landlord has a responsibility to maintain a certain quality of living conditions...a constant lack of hot water is definetly not quality of any kind.
March 25th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would be livid too - I couldn't deal without hot water for very long (expecially when it is cold outside) GRRRRR! I hope they get to you today instead of tomorrow:/ Definitely talk to the property manager - the number of maintnance issues you have had is really high:/

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search