Weight gain?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Veteran
I'm a FTM. Wondering how much weight everyone has gained so far. I'm 5'9" and started at 128, but am now at 142. I'm 17 weeks and when I asked my midwife she said it was a little ahead of schedule but not to worry about it. 14lbs seems to be a lot for 17 weeks of 40 in which I'm only supposed to gain 25-30. I've been eating really well and working out so I'm a little confused to where it's coming from.
March 25th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have gained 14 pounds. Scares me a bit. I need to slow down my eating. I know I've been eating too much but the gagginess just makes me want to eat more often to make the feeling go away. I'm only 14 weeks.
March 25th, 2013, 09:11 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
That's what I have gained here at 16 weeks. Thinking I may be looking at 40lbs again by the time I'm done. My doctor has never said anything to me about my weight and I'm so very thankful for that. I panic enough over it as it is!
March 26th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The last time I went to the doctor, I had already gained 10lbs. Too much, I know, but I think I can attribute most of this to feeling so sick every time my stomach emptied out that I found myself eating too much. Now that the ms has gotten better, I expect my weight to stabilize a bit (I'm hoping anyway ). Trying not to worry about it too much until my doctor has an issue with it.
March 26th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Super Mommy
I am down 5lbs still from ms. I hope not to gain to much with this one, but I probably will be a blimp lol

March 26th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Regular
If you were quite thin to start with, it is not surprising that you gain a lot at first. Your body is trying to make sure that you have enough fat reserves to grow that baby and nurse it, even if there is not enough food available later. Yes, we know that the grocery store is just around the corner, but the body doesn't know that. As long as you eat healthy and stay active, don't worry about how much weight you gain. Unlike regular weight gain, it will come off as easily as it went on (well, all but that last 10 lbs, anyway).
March 26th, 2013, 05:46 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
i'm down about 6lbs still...but the m/s is still awful so it's hard to keep anything down...with Savannah I didn't start to gain until after 20 weeks (and then I made up for lost time fast )

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
March 26th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've only gained 8lbs. If you are eating right and throughout the day, and exercising then maybe the weight you have gained is necessary!

March 26th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Veteran
I'm still down 6lbs from pre-pregnancy. I guess it was the ms. It's started to go away now though and I have to say, I'm glad I'm not as sick. At the same time, I guess I should start eating something other than carbs and apples.
March 26th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't gained anything yet. but I am just starting the 2nd trimester and with all my pregnancy's I usually don't gain and sometimess actually lose some in the 1st trimester. You sound like you where really thin to begin with so I wouldn't worry about gaining that much. I always feel like if you are eating healthy foods and not just a bunch of junk then your body is just doing what it needs in order to grow a healthy baby.
With all 4 of my babys I have gain the same amount of weight, about 35lbs. So I feel that my body knows what it is doing. For some women 25lbs might be all they need but sense my babies are around 9lbs when born and I'm taller my body knows it needs a little more.
March 26th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
As of last Tuesday I had gained a total of just under 6lbs (it was like 5.5lbs). I don't bother weighing myself at home as my scale is off compared to the doc's scale. I hope I don't go overboard on the weight gain like last time - last time I had quite a bit to lose after the baby was born. I would like to gain no more than 30lbs this time (last time it was almost 50lbs).

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
March 26th, 2013, 08:36 AM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm up about 5 lbs. I gained 65 lbs with #1 then 25lbs with #2 then 2lbs with #3.... I'm a big girl though so I've got the pounds to spare! I don't really have a weight "goal" during pregnancy, I just try to eat enough and stick to mainly healthy things...

March 26th, 2013, 10:24 AM
MandersM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 5'7", 155lbs & in my 14th week...and haven't gained any weight since I got preggo. I haven't had ms, and haven't been exercising...so I have no clue what's up. Doc isn't concerned though, so neither am I! If your midwife isn't concerned, then don't worry about it. Seems like you are doing everything right!
2nd GP Appt: 02/20 - wasn't able to pick up a heartbeat
3rd GP Appt: 02-21 - due to spotting, still no hb
1st U/S: 02/25 - 10wk u/s due to spotting > saw the hb and our little blob!!
NPT U/S: 03/15 - got a wave from our LO!! And all looks well. We went public!!
3rd GP Appt: 03/22 - heard the hb...157!
1st OB Appt: 04/22 - LOVE my OB. She doesn't rush, as is pretty knowledgable about crohn's and pregnancy. hb = 159!
20wk u/s: 05/06 - Loved seeing our little babe again! Tech was very tight lipped though, and no medical info was given. And we're holding off on the gender until the reveal party!!
Reveal Party: 05/18 - IT'S A GIRL!!!!
OB Appt: 05/22 -

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 26th, 2013, 02:33 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i've gained 2 but i always seem to gain a lot in the 2nd tri then slow down in the 3rd. i gained 22 with my first and 29 with my 2nd.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
March 26th, 2013, 02:46 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Each of my pregnancies vary. I don't worry about how much weight Im gaining, Im more focused on what I eat and drink. We all can eat like piggies and out eat our husband, but are we truly gaining weight we need or just what we think we should have? If you are hungry eat, if you gain a lot no biggie, if your not gaining at all I would suggest to get checked out. But don't let this be the focus on your pregnancy My pregnancies I gain 20-35 pounds, it depends.

edited to add
I gained about 4-5 pounds so far with a 1 pound gain in 4 weeks. Stress related I believe. but as I said above, my dr is not concerned about how much is gained at beginning its closer to the end of how much, you should gain about a pound a week from about 3 months (12 weeks) till birth. roughly
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

March 26th, 2013, 03:31 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
I have gained a stupid amount of weight. Probably somewhere around 20 lbs. I've stopped keeping track and refuse doctor's weigh ins. That said, I was really small when I got pregnant, so no one's concerned. I just ate like a pig during the first trimester.

Honestly, it all comes right off afterward. I gained 30 with my first and 60 with my second... I was back in a size 1 in 6-9 months.
Happy Song likes this.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

March 26th, 2013, 07:31 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have gained about 8 lbs. I started out at 132-ish and now I weight 140. Not thrilled about it as I don't want to go past 160 but we'll see.

[/url]

March 26th, 2013, 10:10 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Like 5-8 depending on how bloated I am...which is a lot for me but oh well I eat a lot!
March 26th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValyntineG View Post
I have gained a stupid amount of weight. Probably somewhere around 20 lbs. I've stopped keeping track and refuse doctor's weigh ins. That said, I was really small when I got pregnant, so no one's concerned. I just ate like a pig during the first trimester.

Honestly, it all comes right off afterward. I gained 30 with my first and 60 with my second... I was back in a size 1 in 6-9 months.
First of 'll I have to say, " I hate you Brie" I was a size 5 when I was 11.

I'd like to say that your numbers sound good to me. I know it is impossible not to worry but I agree with everyone else especially about it coming right off.

I have gained about five pounds. I started as a size 16 tight, 232 pounds. Even with my poor eating habits and lack of exercise my baby weight comes off really easy.

Even better if I don't nurse, which is not the same for everyone.

March 27th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Veteran
Thanks for the reassurance. You've all been great.

I also realized that the 142 weigh in was fully clothed right after a decent lunch and tons if water whereas the 128 was first thing in the AM right before I stepped into the shower. I'm only 3-4 lbs off of where I should be so I'm trying not to stress.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search