Pregnancy after loss Xposted

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jenniferl26
  • 1 Post By Daisee37

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Super Mommy
Sorry, I got impatient waiting for an answer on the loss board, and since this was my DDC....lol

I had a missed miscarriage that was diagnosed on February 11th. I was 9 weeks pregnant. I lost the baby a week later. After the initial bleeding, I was spotting the Brown crud up until a few days ago. Almost exactly 28 days after the loss, I started spotting red again but just for a few hours. I still haven't started my period, so I just poas. It's positive....is it just registering the loss or could I actually be pregnant again? I don't want to get excited, but I am, so I thought maybe someone here had the answer for me. Thanks for any advice, even if its not what I want to hear.
March 26th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I understand how hard of a time this could be. If you had been bleeding that long, and you already passed the baby. I would say that it is a true positive, but I definitely could not be sure. I know your hcg levels were already dropping for you to lose the baby, When I miscarried in Sept. It was a chemical pregnancy, but I started spotting on a Saturday, and by the time I went to the ER on Sunday night, I was already not pregnant on a blood test. I would just schedule a apt first thing, and have it checked out. I wish you the very best of luck! I don't want to fill you with false hope, so just go in for a blood test tomorrow, and find out for sure, to ease your mind. I hope some one else will reply soon that can help more than I can. Also if you ever want anyone to just talk to, you can msg me anytime
mommyof2boys0207 likes this.
March 26th, 2013, 09:08 PM
mommyof2boys0207's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is it a dark or light pos? I'd say since its been that long since your m/c then it has got to be positive.

Have you retested since to see if the line has gotten darker?
DD- Savannah - June 30th, 2011
DS- Jameson - September 18th, 2013
March 26th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Super Mommy
It was just a faint positive on a dollar store test. Not sure if that makes a difference....
March 26th, 2013, 09:25 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I saw your post in ttcal but since it's active here now I'll post here. I had a loss at 17 weeks and I still had hcg in my system 6 weeks postpartum. I was getting faint positives when my hcg was only 8 and 9. They say that *most* times hcg should be out of your system within a month, but if there is any remaining tissue the hcg might be holding on to that. My doctor was worried about that and I was going to get an ultrasound to check it out but I ended up getting my period which cleared out the rest of my hcg.

If you are having unprotected sex then there is a definite chance you could be pregnant again. But the only way to know for sure is to get a blood test to see if your levels ate doubling. I am so sorry for you loss and that you are dealing with not knowing right now. It's a huge roller coaster of emotions hope you get an answer soon!

March 26th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I agree it can go either way...

I had a loss Sept 9 2009 at my follow up u/s I had a small amount of retained tissue. My doctor did not feel a d&c was necessary and the piece came out like a murder scene a few weeks later.

A few weeks later I had what I thought was a normal period, then instead of ovulating I got a BFP pregnancy test which turned out to be a chemical. It was charted on fertility friend and I got a the bfp on cycle day 13.

The happy ending was Sept 10, 2010 when my rainbow baby was born.

I am sorry for your loss and I hope this is your rainbow baby. Until you get into the doctor if you take a Test daily you should be able to see your test darken.

Here my scrapbook page this pregnancy took a long time to progress.

Last edited by Happy Song; March 26th, 2013 at 10:46 PM.
March 26th, 2013, 11:32 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Fully agree with anothermother. It's very possible that it's left over, especially if you didn't have a D&C. Can you re-test in a few days to see if it's getting darker? I hope this is your rainbow baby!

March 27th, 2013, 07:31 AM
kaylacaroline's Avatar Veteran
I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks and the day the heavy bleeding hit my HCG was 1000, down from 10000 in just a few days. Two weeks later, I was getting negatives. So, I would say it's quite possible for you to be pregnant, but I would take the other advice the girls gave you and check for progression. Or, go to the doctor and get them to do a blood draw and see how high your levels are and if they double.

Good luck!

March 27th, 2013, 07:43 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i think the only true way to know is to have your dr check your levels but i would say your levels should have gone back to zero long before 6 weeks after the loss...i'd say you're probably pregnant again!! its not at all unusual to get pregnant quickly following a loss. Good luck!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
March 27th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I agree with the other ladies that it could really go either way at this point. I would see if you can get in with your doctor to have your HCG levels tested (and in the meantime if you have extra tests to keep POAS and see if they get darker as the days go on).

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
March 27th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Super Mommy
I went and had my blood drawn. Now the long wait until tomorrow Thanks for the advice.
March 27th, 2013, 10:03 AM
caseyswife123's Avatar Loving Mommyhood<3
Send a message via Skype™ to caseyswife123
If you were only 9 weeks along when you had your loss, I have doubts that enough hormone would still be in your system to register a positive. But of course anything is possible.

I agree, wait a few days and try a FRER? I hope this is your sticky bean!!

Ready to give Brayden a brother or sister!
March 28th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wish I had some kind of advice, but I really don't know anything about that I am hoping that you come back sometime today with good news though! Keeping you in my prayers!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
March 28th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a m/c at 9 weeks. I had a d&c, no retained tissue. I had hcg left over in my system for about 5-6 weeks, all the way until AF came again. I was getting light bfps even 5 weeks after (when my hcg was 13, and again when my hcg was only 8). So unless the tests are getting darker, I'd say it's also very possible that it's leftover hcg. Some people's bodies filter out the hcg quickly and its down to 0 within 2 weeks. My body filters it out much more slowly, and it always takes MORE than 4 weeks to go back to 0. (I also had a m/c at 7 wks with a d&c, and it took about 4-5 weeks for my hcg to go back to 0 that time).
Happy Song likes this.
March 28th, 2013, 10:06 AM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
Sorry for your loss
I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks as well, but I didn't have any positive tests after.
Let us know what the results are.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
March 28th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Super Mommy
Hcg is 71 and progesterone is 2.? They want me to get retested next week to see if my levels go up or down.....why wait a week? Just frustrated now, lol.
March 28th, 2013, 08:14 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
weird...i'd be irritated too. sorry that wasn't exactly what you were hoping for.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
March 28th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I thought the test was for doubling in 48 hours?

I agree waiting a week sucks.

March 29th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
:/ Waiting a week seems too long to me....I'm sorry. I am still praying you get good news...

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
March 29th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Waiting a week makes sense to me... it sounds like they think it's leftover from the m/c. After my m/cs, I'd have a blood test done 2-3 weeks after the d&c. If that was positive, then I'd have weekly blood draws to follow my hcg until it went back to 0. So basically, after a m/c, if you have a positive hcg, weekly blood draws are the usual protocol they follow.

It's also possible there's some retained tissue from the m/c. That's part of the reason they follow it after a m/c... if the numbers don't go down, or if they go up (but not a lot), then they'll be concerned about retained tissue and be watching out for that. If they go up a lot, then they'll probably do a scan to see what's going on.

Anyway, that's my way of saying that while waiting a week sucks, it sounds pretty normal to me.

August 2012 December 2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search