As if there weren't enough wrong with me. Appt this morning.

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By Chichidc
  • 1 Post By LauraS214
  • 9 Post By nurselochia
  • 3 Post By L-SBB

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 10:22 AM
kaylacaroline's Avatar Veteran
Even though I've had 2 appointments in the last week, I had another this morning for a 12-14 week check up and physical.

I had my prenatal blood work up done last week and got the results today. Everything came back great.... Until we got to the part where I found out I'm RH negative. I knew I was O neg and the possibility of being RH neg was high, but I didn't really know what being RH neg entailed.

Now my whole pregnancy plan has changed. I will probably have a C-sec and the Doc thinks it will happen around 37 weeks. So much for natural birth.. But it's to prevent our blood from mixing and potentially harming baby and causing problems for future pregnancies. In addition I will be receiving shots to prevent my body from building antibodies against the baby's blood.

I mean really? Can't I catch a **** break? Lol.

Anyone else Rh neg and had to deal with this?

On a whole other note, I have my next ultrasound booked for May 2nd and fingers crossed that we find out the sex! And we finally got a heart rate reading of 150.

March 28th, 2013, 10:45 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
is the only reason they're planning a c-sect b/c of the rh- factor because i haven't ever heard of that having to happen. maybe in complication with the other stuff you've had going on? i'm not helpful with the shots b/c i'm not rh- but i know people that are that have had natural births no problem. i'm sorry...you've had it rough for sure.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
March 28th, 2013, 10:54 AM
The chances of our blood mixing goes up right at the end of pregnancy. It's not a for sure thing, but it's something I have to be prepared for.

March 28th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Veteran
My mom was RH neg with me and she didn't have to have a csection, just the shots. She had my brother afterwards with no issues too. Maybe you can get a second opinion?
Keakie likes this.
March 28th, 2013, 10:58 AM
LauraS214's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear that! I've never heard of having to have a csection because of that though. I agree ^, maybe you should get a second opinion. A friend of mine just had to get shots and everything was okay. Good luck!
Keakie likes this.

Expecting a baby GIRL on 09.19.13

March 28th, 2013, 11:05 AM
I'm not getting a second opinion. Its something we talked about, a probable outcome. Nothing is set in stone. Being RH neg can cause a lot of complications. We aren't taking this lightly, because what can go wrong has gone wrong for the most part. I'm having no luck this pregnancy so we prepare for the worst.

March 28th, 2013, 11:33 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
Just trying to give you some info ...I'm an experienced labor and delivery nurse and really, there is no reason to have a c/s just because of the rh negative. Especially at 37 weeks before the baby is full developed at 39 weeks. If you are ok with a c/s, then that's fine. Or if you have other risk factors. The rhogam shot you will get at about 28 weeks is the protection you need. The risk is that your body will develop antibodies should you be caring a baby who is rh positive (whats your partners blood type? If he's negative, then you are ok) that would attack a future pregnancy...that's what the rhogam shot is for, to prevent that. If the baby is rh positive, then you will get a rhogam shot after delivery. I have been working L&D for 10 years, and have never heard of having a c/s to prevent the blood from mixing...even if it does mix, the rhogam will prevent the formation of antibodies. I'd just hate for you to feel forced into a c/s for a reason that really is bogus, because a c/s does come with some serious risks.

Here's a link about RH factor:
http://www.marchofdimes.com/baby/birthdefects_rh.html

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

March 28th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am RH negative too. I got the shot at 28 weeks for each pregnancy and with baby #1 and I think all the rest were negative so I didn't need the second shot.

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
March 28th, 2013, 12:10 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
definitely stinks that it's yet another thing for you to worry about...the ladies gave you some great info, so hopefully the shot will be enough and you won't have to deal with a C-section too.

I understand getting the whole risk talk early - both my OB & peri have been upfront on the likelihood of being induced due to my risk factors, including the blood thinners i'm on. Hopefully it's just a worst case scenario talk for you, so you aren't shocked if/when it becomes necessary, but I know it's a lot to process at once especially after everything you've been through recently (((HUGS)))

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
March 28th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope everything starts to go more smoothly for you - HUGS!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
March 28th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow, it seems like when it rains, it pours! I am sorry you got more bad news today but it sounds like the other ladies have given you some good information and hopefully, a C/S is just a worst case scenario!

March 28th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know having one more thing to worry about is really not what you need right now. Have they checked DH's blood? Hoping that the pregnancy goes smoother for you.

March 28th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Wow I am really sorry you have another stresser on you. I agree in a normal uncomplicated pregnancy rh factor isn't a reason for a c section, but your situation is definitely unique.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search