I think I'll be shocked either way.......UPDATED

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree32Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 01:33 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!!! We get to find out if we'll have pink or blue clothes...my big u/s is at 4:15 and couldn't come soon enough! They called me and left a message on my machine reminding me of my appt. as if I would forget!!! LOL

The reason I think I'll be shocked either way is because DH and I have 3 girls together. I've never trusted my "gut instinct" because I always thought boy, or thought I wanted a boy, and obviously I was wrong. My first child is a son from prev. marriage, so I guess I just thought a boy would be easier when DH and I married. But, of course I LOVE my girls and I"ve loved dressing them up and all the stuff that comes with having girls. My oldest DD is 14 and I love taking her shopping, etc.. and teaching her to cook..

BUT- I really think I am ready to just have SIMPLE, kwim? no dresses, dress shoes, hair things, coordinating outfits, etc.. that goes with having girls. However, I have all girl stuff, so I'd be easier- but- again- I think I'm ready for variety and something different. My instict really says boy, but I obviously DONT trust it.

So, needless to say, I WILL BE SHOCKED EITHER WAY... !!!! Update tomorrow!!

Last edited by mirdeemrlvs; March 29th, 2013 at 05:53 PM.
March 28th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
BUT- I really think I am ready to just have SIMPLE, kwim? no dresses, dress shoes, hair things, coordinating outfits, etc.. that goes with having girls. However, I have all girl stuff, so I'd be easier- but- again- I think I'm ready for variety and something different. My instict really says boy, but I obviously DONT trust it.
My thoughts exactly, so I'm hoping for a boy too.

How exciting that by this time tomorrow you'll know for sure! Let us know as soon as you can.
mirdeemrlvs likes this.
March 28th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
GL tomorrow - can't wait for the update!!!

I think I will be shocked either way too lol - it would be easy either way for me because I have a young DD and a fairly young DS....I really have no instinct about what I am having but DH thinks boy so that is my guess too lol
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
March 28th, 2013, 02:47 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awww I have all boys and I still coordinate their clothes, well the little ones LOL I do not allow sweater with shorts lol or red socks with plain clothes LOLO if a red shirt then red socks ok LOL KUP
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

March 28th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2lilmen View Post
awww I have all boys and I still coordinate their clothes, well the little ones LOL I do not allow sweater with shorts lol or red socks with plain clothes LOLO if a red shirt then red socks ok LOL KUP
With girls though, you have hair bands, hair bows, clips, spray in conditioner, necklaces, lip gloss, etc.. dress shoes, boots, sneakers, casual shoes, belts, hats, tights, undershirts, skirts, dresses, jeans, stretchy pants... and all that jazz...

idk. I just remember it being easier with a boy. I guess I'm just tired. I cleaned ALL day the playroom and the little girls' room, and there was stuff EVERYWHERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlyw View Post
GL tomorrow - can't wait for the update!!!

I think I will be shocked either way too lol - it would be easy either way for me because I have a young DD and a fairly young DS....I really have no instinct about what I am having but DH thinks boy so that is my guess too lol
The reason I think boy is my cravings are different. There seems to be alot less sugar cravings this time. And with my girls, I recall a serious want to BD with DH. I've been waiting for it to kick in this time and NOTHING... could be nothing, idk.

March 28th, 2013, 05:01 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I can't wait to see Good luck!!!! Boys are def less expensive haha.
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
March 29th, 2013, 07:29 AM
MandersM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't wait for an update!!!!
2nd GP Appt: 02/20 - wasn't able to pick up a heartbeat
3rd GP Appt: 02-21 - due to spotting, still no hb
1st U/S: 02/25 - 10wk u/s due to spotting > saw the hb and our little blob!!
NPT U/S: 03/15 - got a wave from our LO!! And all looks well. We went public!!
3rd GP Appt: 03/22 - heard the hb...157!
1st OB Appt: 04/22 - LOVE my OB. She doesn't rush, as is pretty knowledgable about crohn's and pregnancy. hb = 159!
20wk u/s: 05/06 - Loved seeing our little babe again! Tech was very tight lipped though, and no medical info was given. And we're holding off on the gender until the reveal party!!
Reveal Party: 05/18 - IT'S A GIRL!!!!
OB Appt: 05/22 -

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 29th, 2013, 10:03 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
GL cant wait to hear!!!
March 29th, 2013, 10:51 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Waiting to hear! I'm sure you will be thrilled with either. I sometimes prefer a girl just so my dh won't drive me crazy flipping her around and being too rough. lol
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

[/url]

March 29th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't wait for your update!!

March 29th, 2013, 01:20 PM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
Waiting for an update!
March 29th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Checking for an update!

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
March 29th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Sorry. I am on the west coast and my u/s was late. The stats are:

BAKING SODA TEST: ACCURATE

SEX THEORY: BUSTED

INTUITION: WRONG AS USUAL.

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY. I am mad right now. Will post later with details.
Grlsshp9 likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 06:45 PM

okay. So, atleast I think the crying is over with. Hopefully some of you can relate and don't think I am the worst mom in the world.

It started out DH called me to say that the guy who's supposed to replace him didn't show up and he was just leaving. This is a half hour after he got off work. He took his truck instead of the carpool van so he could leave on time, didn't happen. He works an hour away and traffic was bad. So, I went by myself. I told the u/s tech what was happening and she "took her time" she got a cough drop and ran out of gloves, had to go get them, and her paper ran out, she had to replace it. He missed the brain and heart, but he got to see the rest. Baby looks healthy. That's good. It's just going to take time I guess.
Grlsshp9 likes this.

Last edited by mirdeemrlvs; March 29th, 2013 at 06:49 PM.
March 29th, 2013, 06:58 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
I am from the August and I remember you from our board! I wanted to say I can understand you crying and having some gender dissapointment! I have a girl and boy but in my mind I thought I was going to have another girl and I was soo excited about doing all the girly things again. I was going to wait until birth to find out but I decided to find out early so if I did find out I was having another boy I could have time to bond with him and be happy when he was born. So at 16 weeks I learned that indeed I was having another boy and I just didn't say much until I got to the car and started crying! I never had gender disapointment before but I had it after my ultrasound. I got to see my son again at my 20 week apt yesterday and I must admit I have come full circle and soo happy that I have a healthy son and that I get to use my boy clothes again and I have soo much boy stuff in general and I had already gotten rid of most of our girl clothes. I think with time you will you be happy you have another girl to love but it is totally normal to feel the way you are and don't worry you are not a bad mommy
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
March 29th, 2013, 07:09 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
Don't feel bad about the gender disappointment. I totally get it. I'll have my own tears for sure if mine turns out to be a boy.

But hey! She's healthy and when she gets here you know you'll be thrilled and won't remember why you wanted a boy in the first place.
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

March 29th, 2013, 07:23 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwww. I used to think moms who cried about having a baby of a certain gender were kinda bad moms. But then it happened to me. LOL I think there can be some less stellar reasons than others. I've heard of some moms who bawled their eyes out and were so upset that their FIRST was a girl instead of a boy, or whatever. Like they just had it planned out exactly and it didn't turn out that way (DUH). But when you have a couple girls (or more) and you really wanted a boy, or vice versa, I get it. In my case, I took the gender prediction pee test last pregnancy (I do not recommend) and it clearly said BOY. I was so upset and felt so bad as I was bawling on the couch about it. I had 3 boys and 1 girl and I never had a sister growing up. So I really, really, wanted my daughter to not be the only girl with 4 brothers. I wanted her to have a best friend for life and experience having a sister, like I never got to. However, in my case, the pee test was WRONG and I got to my ultrasound thinking it was a boy and it was a GIRL!! (OK, that part probably doesn't make you feel better...) But just sayin, I understand. I'm sure you will come around once you get used to the idea and focus on the positive. She will be a precious sweetie you won't be able to imagine your life without!

[/url]

March 29th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2skyty View Post
I am from the August and I remember you from our board! I wanted to say I can understand you crying and having some gender dissapointment! I have a girl and boy but in my mind I thought I was going to have another girl and I was soo excited about doing all the girly things again. I was going to wait until birth to find out but I decided to find out early so if I did find out I was having another boy I could have time to bond with him and be happy when he was born. So at 16 weeks I learned that indeed I was having another boy and I just didn't say much until I got to the car and started crying! I never had gender disapointment before but I had it after my ultrasound. I got to see my son again at my 20 week apt yesterday and I must admit I have come full circle and soo happy that I have a healthy son and that I get to use my boy clothes again and I have soo much boy stuff in general and I had already gotten rid of most of our girl clothes. I think with time you will you be happy you have another girl to love but it is totally normal to feel the way you are and don't worry you are not a bad mommy
Thanks so much :-).. I know. I know that I will be happy. It's just right now, it's like I'm mourning. My Dh and I will never have a boy. I am 43 and this is IT. This baby is a suprpise and I thought, WOW finally a boy. I was looking forward to looking at new colors, new things... I've already decided, no pink. I think I'll decorate brown and turquoise.
Anitha and Happy Song like this.

March 29th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Add me to the I'll be bawling if I get the wrong gender list. I am nervous we are doing a gender reveal cake and don't wanna cry in front of the kids.

March 29th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, first off, congratulations on a healthy little girl!

And second, I, too, am preparing myself for potential gender disappointment so I understand. Nobody can judge until they've been there themselves. And, well, if they've been there themselves, then they aren't going to judge. Of course you will love her when she is here but take your time to deal with you emotions and feel free to vent whenever you need!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search