Hip problems anyone?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TaraJo29
  • 1 Post By Babybear4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still playing catch up from having ms for so long, so I've been on a roll cooking and cleaning all day long...Well tonight, while picking up stuff off of the floor, I started feeling like my left leg was going to pop out of my hip. Figuring it was just a fluke, I kept going but kept feeling it.

Thinking back to my previous pregnancies, I had this really bad around the 9th month or so. It was to a point where I was actually walking funny because it really felt like my hips were disconnecting from my legs right at the joint.

Is this a little taste of what's to come or did I just over-do it today?
March 28th, 2013, 09:19 PM
During pregnancy, mine mostly just hurt in the evening when I've been doing too much. I hope that's what yours is! Dealing with bad pain the whole pregnancy would be rough! Good luck and keep us posted!
March 29th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I wonder if your hips are starting to separate earlier than usual or something? I haven't felt anything like that, but I'm a first timer.

I hope you get some answers! It always bugs me more when I'm not sure what I'm feeling.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
March 29th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Maenfayne's Avatar Veteran
My right hip started doing it around four months and it started again about two weeks ago. For me it gets really tight and then feels painful to walk, sit, move, anything. Heat helps, as does massage. I try to stretch it out doing the pigeon pose which offers some relief.

10.03.13 8lbs 11oz 21 inches
Excuse my typos, there is either a baby on my boob or sleeping in my arms

Thank you *sharon* for my adorable siggy

March 29th, 2013, 07:21 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
My pelvis is killing me. I'm thinking I have SPD or whatever it's called...I'm looking into the bands they make to hold it together.

March 29th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
I'm looking into the bands they make to hold it together.
Whatever that is sounds fantastic right now. Do you know what they're called?

Quote:
Heat helps, as does massage. I try to stretch it out doing the pigeon pose which offers some relief.
Thanks. I'm going to give this a try today.

The other thing that my husband pointed out to me today is that I'm 37 now, and the last time I was pregnant, I was in my 20s... that may have a lot to do with it.
March 29th, 2013, 10:48 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After I did some cleaning and vacuuming yesterday my pelvis was popping with every step. Not audibly, but I could feel little pops. And it wasn't even in my hips or at the pubic bone. It was like in the back of my pelvis. I think some of us loosen up earlier and more than other ladies. I wonder if it has to do with mega production of progesterone. If I had to guess, I produce a LOT of progesterone b/c I get very sleepy and my pelvis always feels like it's falling apart by the end. I think it's normal but it can get painful and you definitely need to be careful about physical activity because you can hurt a ligament if you push it (rollerskating, skiing, maybe even running or walking up stairs too much). You have to listen to your body b/c you definitely don't want to exacerbate it. I'm guessing your hips will get looser and possibly more painful toward the end. My ribs even hurt at night in the last trimester and it feels like my rib cage literally overlaps in the front when I lay on my side (not yet, thankfully). Progesterone has the effect of loosening all your ligaments that are holding your bones together (partly so that when we give birth our bones will give to let the baby out).

After I had one of my kids my hips and pelvis would pop and click as I walked and lifted my leg over the baby gate. lol I felt like such an old woman, but it went away once I got good and un-pregnant.
Dolly Lama likes this.

[/url]

March 29th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I did some heavy cleaning today and I am feeling it in my pelvis really bad now. I was hoping to avoid it this time around.

Hopefully it's just from all your hard work and will ease up, rather than continue to get worse!
Dolly Lama likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Veteran
I have had bad joints ever since I was a kid (docs told me I grew too fast - was 5'7" at 11 years old). Since about 12 weeks my hips (left mostly) bug me more than usual. They feel like they are slipping out of place. I hope it doesn't get worse! It does seem to happen when I'm oing a lot of running around though.
March 29th, 2013, 06:04 PM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My left hip has been hurting me too! This didn't start until much later in my previous pregnancies.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 30th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Destiny
I have SPD and I need to hightail it to the chiropractor.
Maybe just google it, if you know what it is and if you have it you can do something about it, so it won't get much worse.

March 30th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Quote:
I have SPD and I need to hightail it to the chiropractor.
Maybe just google it, if you know what it is and if you have it you can do something about it, so it won't get much worse.
I just looked it up, and it sure does sound like it...The article I read suggested some sort of pelvic brace to hold things together - maybe I can find one of those on ebay or something. What exactly does the chiropractor do for this? I've never been to one before.

I'm starting to wonder what "worse" feels like - this is pretty uncomfortable already. :/
March 30th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly Lama View Post
I just looked it up, and it sure does sound like it...The article I read suggested some sort of pelvic brace to hold things together - maybe I can find one of those on ebay or something. What exactly does the chiropractor do for this? I've never been to one before.

I'm starting to wonder what "worse" feels like - this is pretty uncomfortable already. :/
I'm interested to know, I've never been to the chiropractor, which is why I've put it off until it got this bad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search