Oh jeez! Nesting, anyone?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaLaurie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think this the earliest this has hit me during a pregnancy. I am on a MISSION to get this place cleaned up, organized and maintain it. Today, I tackled cleaning the stove/oven which wasn't much work but I sure scrubbed it down anyway. I also mostly organized DD's room and vacuumed. I've done laundry, put some more bathroom stuff away (we are STILL unpacking!) and wrote out a list of things I want to find at either Ross or the thrift store for organizing. That doesn't sound like a lot but if you saw my typical cleaning habits, you would think I was super woman!

Then, I have this crazy image in my head that I am going to suddenly become some furniture restorer and find crazy ways to decorate my house JUST how I want it to look. (Thanks, HGTV!) The only problem? I don't have a garage OR a yard, or any ounce of creativity anywhere in me. So yeah... you tell me how that's going to work.

Anybody else been bitten by the nesting bug?

March 29th, 2013, 03:39 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes *nesting* comes early for me. I am in the mode to get a room or a spot set up for the baby, get the clothes organized, get them washed, redo my picture shelf in the living room , and plant flowers. I think it has more to do with spring in my opinion, but I think if I can get all my things done befor the kids are off for summer holidays, I will be ok!
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

March 29th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All I can say is...Do you want to come over? I can't wait to be bitten by the nesting bug!

Quote:
Then, I have this crazy image in my head that I am going to suddenly become some furniture restorer and find crazy ways to decorate my house JUST how I want it to look. (Thanks, HGTV!) The only problem? I don't have a garage OR a yard, or any ounce of creativity anywhere in me. So yeah... you tell me how that's going to work
Now this I am totally guilty of. Some days I'll feel great, see an episode or two of some home renovation thing on HGTV, then I'm ready to run off to Home Depot to buy all the supplies. I have the time, space, and resources to do all of this, but lack the energy for the follow through.
March 29th, 2013, 05:41 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
I haven't nested since the first kid! I'm still struggling to get through each day and am getting the bare minimum done. Send some nesting vibes my way, I sure need it!!
My3His1 likes this.
March 29th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Nesting? Not in the slightest. But I am creative and crafty. My dh is handy. He made Tessa a cradle.

March 30th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Not yet, but I'm jealous of all you've gotten finished! I'm looking forward to nesting.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
March 30th, 2013, 09:18 AM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
Actually, I think my husband is the one who's nesting around here!
March 30th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I def. feel the urge to do it but my total lack of energy is greater....so I will just sit here on the couch instead

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
March 30th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Veteran
I still feel like total poo every day, so I'm also getting just the bare minimum done.

Today, however, I have the slightest bit of energy and only feel kind of crappy, rather than totally crappy, so I'm trying to get a ton done. Not so much nesting, but out of necessity. We are all still in our pajamas because none of us have a single clean piece of clothing to wear today. It has probably been a month since I last vacuumed our bedrooms (gross, I know!). So far I've gotten two loads of laundry washed, dried, sorted and put away, another washed and in the dryer and another in the wash. still have probably 5 loads left, at least. Got the kids' room vacuumed, working on getting mine picked up so I can vacuum it, too. I need to tackle my desk, which has become the catch-all for everything lately and it's just a mountain of papers and crap.

I'm sure I will pay for this later by feeling extra miserable, but hopefully I can get enough done before then that it will be worth it.
DS ~ October 2007
March 30th, 2013, 02:25 PM
MandersM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm getting there, but just getting little spurts of energy. Definitely wish it was coming on quicker!!
2nd GP Appt: 02/20 - wasn't able to pick up a heartbeat
3rd GP Appt: 02-21 - due to spotting, still no hb
1st U/S: 02/25 - 10wk u/s due to spotting > saw the hb and our little blob!!
NPT U/S: 03/15 - got a wave from our LO!! And all looks well. We went public!!
3rd GP Appt: 03/22 - heard the hb...157!
1st OB Appt: 04/22 - LOVE my OB. She doesn't rush, as is pretty knowledgable about crohn's and pregnancy. hb = 159!
20wk u/s: 05/06 - Loved seeing our little babe again! Tech was very tight lipped though, and no medical info was given. And we're holding off on the gender until the reveal party!!
Reveal Party: 05/18 - IT'S A GIRL!!!!
OB Appt: 05/22 -

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 30th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not yet! I am so jealous of all you got done though. Can't wait to hit that phase. Friday was a holiday at work. But DH and DD were gone to work & preschool. I was planning on getting so much done, but ended up feeling so crappy..I was just curled up in bed all day- it was the worst! I felt so bad to have completely wasted a whole day

March 30th, 2013, 04:48 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am defintiely doing alot of cleaning- BUT- it could possibly be because spring has finally set in, and we have a little sun. Also, I keep thinking that I am going to get bigger and more lazy and not want to do the sorting/cleaning so I better get it done now. These past two weeks.. BAM..! growing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLaurie View Post
Actually, I think my husband is the one who's nesting around here!
LOL.. my hubby is cleaning out the garage today.

March 31st, 2013, 09:23 AM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I have a LOT of plans.. but nothing accomplished yet. I am a teacher, so this summer its on! I am going to throw so much stuff away. I am not proud to say I am a pack rat. I just can NOT get rid of something that I think I might need.. or that "means something". Its all in boxes in the closet, so its not out around the house. But still.. do I need that crap??

Baby will be getting DH's man room.. so he has some work to do!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search