Anyone else experiencing this? BTDT moms?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kelbert

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 04:17 PM
AIK112018's Avatar Elizabeth
OK, OK. I might be a little paranoid. This probably is nothing but I HAVE to ask.
This is my fifth pregnancy. I was thinking I would experience everything a lot sooner.
I haven't felt the baby kick yet. I thought I did about 3 weeks ago for a day, but I haven't felt anything since. I felt my DD in my 2nd pregnancy at 15/16 weeks. I still don't feel "pregnant" yet and it is making it harder to connect with my baby for some odd reason.

When I lay down flat on my back I can feel my uterus two inches above my pubic bone. When I wake up in the morning, my uterus is up a lot higher and can feel it just below my belly button.

My doctor has yet to measure my uterus, but I know at 12 weeks baby was perfectly fine and healthy.
I am getting a doppler next week to ease my anxiety... but is this normal?? I feel like I have forgotten what it is like to be pregnant. (youngest will be 4 in April)

I am still getting symptoms. Breast pains, round ligament pains, braxton hicks, a little nauseous in the morning until I eat something. DH says I shouldn't worry but I feel like I should ask you ladies, since you are about as far along as I am. I am still terrified I am going to lose this little one, too.
March 29th, 2013, 04:22 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
This is my first time getting this far, so I really don't know what to expect. But I am right there with you. I still don't really "feel" it either. I haven't felt any movement that I am aware of. Sometimes I think I do.. but not sure what it feels like!

I have a doppler and its the only think keeping me from being an absolute worry wart. I had an u/s yesterday and I am still paranoid. Maybe its just taking a little longer this time?

AIK112018 likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
March 29th, 2013, 04:59 PM
estherm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If your placenta is in the front it take much bigger kicks for you to feel it...

My second pregnancy I felt them at 11 weeks.. This pregnancy I just started to feel strong kicks but ONLY on the left side the right side is where my placenta is I can't wait to see if I am right

Thank you Jaidensmum!

March 29th, 2013, 05:12 PM
AIK112018's Avatar Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by estherm View Post
If your placenta is in the front it take much bigger kicks for you to feel it...

My second pregnancy I felt them at 11 weeks.. This pregnancy I just started to feel strong kicks but ONLY on the left side the right side is where my placenta is I can't wait to see if I am right
...That is what I was thinking too, but wouldn't my doctor have told me? I have had two ultrasounds so far...
March 29th, 2013, 05:38 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
This is my sixth, and I haven't felt much of anything either! Usually, I feel movement alot earlier. I'm trying not to get too worried about it. My belly is still growing and getting higher and rounder, so I'm thinking it must just be where the placenta is.
March 29th, 2013, 07:53 PM
321abc
This is only my second pregnancy. I thought I felt movement way early this time but I was wrong. I just started actually feeling movement in the last week and I'm almost 18 weeks. Felt my first around 15.
I have an anterior placenta. They won't tell you placental location unless its in a dangerous spot. It's really not important whether its anterior or posterior, at least not to the baby anyway. My placenta is anterior and on the left. Most of the movements I feel are on the right side but I feel slight flutters on the left.
I wouldn't worry unless you aren't feeling movement after 22 weeks. I also feel my uterus a couple of inches below my belly button
March 29th, 2013, 08:09 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIK112018 View Post
OK, OK. I might be a little paranoid. This probably is nothing but I HAVE to ask.
This is my fifth pregnancy. I was thinking I would experience everything a lot sooner.
I haven't felt the baby kick yet. I thought I did about 3 weeks ago for a day, but I haven't felt anything since. I felt my DD in my 2nd pregnancy at 15/16 weeks. I still don't feel "pregnant" yet and it is making it harder to connect with my baby for some odd reason.

When I lay down flat on my back I can feel my uterus two inches above my pubic bone. When I wake up in the morning, my uterus is up a lot higher and can feel it just below my belly button.

My doctor has yet to measure my uterus, but I know at 12 weeks baby was perfectly fine and healthy.
I am getting a doppler next week to ease my anxiety... but is this normal?? I feel like I have forgotten what it is like to be pregnant. (youngest will be 4 in April)

I am still getting symptoms. Breast pains, round ligament pains, braxton hicks, a little nauseous in the morning until I eat something. DH says I shouldn't worry but I feel like I should ask you ladies, since you are about as far along as I am. I am still terrified I am going to lose this little one, too.
My youngest will be 4 in September. I keep wondering about the "feeling movement" thing too and this is #5.. I think our problem is we remember what it is like to feel the really big movements when they are big and don't fit.. I know my baby is really active because I just had my u/s and could see it!

March 29th, 2013, 09:01 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i too have an anterior placenta, this is my 2nd time with one. its fine, but does keep you from feeling baby early. i'd say 20 weeks is probably avg. i know this only b/c we couldn't find baby hiding from the doppler and that was part of the problem, as i suspected. this being your 5th pregnancy i'd imagine your uterus is just more stretched...after 3 in 3 mine is. i feel like my uterus is practically up to my belly button sometimes.

My doppler was my saving grace with my son and i am sure it will be again. with emily i felt her every move so i didn't worry nearly as much. its definitely worth it!!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
March 30th, 2013, 06:27 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I have an anterior placenta and I'm just starting to feel a little now but didn't with my last (also anterior) until 21 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search