So, all those good things I said about DiaperSwappers?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2013, 06:41 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Forget them.

I made a thread awhile back about an issue I had with a seller there. Long story short, something didn't show up even though the tracking said it did. The seller stopped answering me after she got her payment. When she did answer me (only after I put a hold on the payment on PayPal) she accused me of lying (I had an open case with USPS for several days trying to track down the package), told me she was entitled to her payment anyway and then accused me of harassing her (I sent a total of 2 emails over 4 days about this, and after that she went back and forth with me until she asked that we keep communications on PayPal to which I agreed immediately). She also tried to have me thrown off of DiaperSwappers. He package was hand delivered by USPS the next day, after being referred to the local consumer affairs office, and they apologized for the problems getting it there. I closed the dispute on PayPal the same day and cited why on their website.

Two days ago, the seller decided to leave me a negative review (I'm a BRAND NEW member there, so now I have 1 review and it's bad). I hadn't left her any reviews because frankly, this was all over $16 and I was happy to move on with life. I did write her a review explaining what had happened in great detail. I also responded to the review she left me. In other words, it's now going to be really difficult to get anyone to sell to me, and the chick was clearly just being spiteful because she did get her money and this happened like 3 weeks prior to her review being written.

The one I left for her has been deleted, so apparently that's how DS works. If you're buddies with a moderator, you don't have to be polite or conduct yourself professionally because they'll just delete any negative feedback. It makes me extremely wary about trusting their rating system, and disgusted with the way the moderators handled things all around. I'll be using the Facebook diaper group from now on.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
March 31st, 2013, 08:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a bad experience with a member of DS but the moderators were great with me. My situation was the opposite, I left negative feedback and then she, in turn, left negative feedback and it was deleted because it was considered retaliatory.

I would be willing to bet that's what happened in your situation, too. Have you contacted a mod to tell them the situation? I, personally, don't really like DS because it does have a very...cliquish vibe to it. Even though my situation was resolved, I did feel like the mods obviously favored me, since I told them my side of the story first but obviously, that didn't upset ME.

March 31st, 2013, 08:57 AM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I agree that they seem cliquish to me too. I had had much better luck on the FB swap boards. Sorry you had such a hard time with them. I was thinking of buying from them but now I think I will just stick to the swap boards

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
March 31st, 2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybear4 View Post
I had a bad experience with a member of DS but the moderators were great with me. My situation was the opposite, I left negative feedback and then she, in turn, left negative feedback and it was deleted because it was considered retaliatory.

I would be willing to bet that's what happened in your situation, too. Have you contacted a mod to tell them the situation? I, personally, don't really like DS because it does have a very...cliquish vibe to it. Even though my situation was resolved, I did feel like the mods obviously favored me, since I told them my side of the story first but obviously, that didn't upset ME.
That just seems like such a bad policy to me. It more or less means that whoever gets their negative review in first wins, and I deliberately refrained because I wanted to just move on. My goal wasn't to retaliate, but to share the full story and allow others to make their decisions accordingly. My thinking is that if the feedback isn't legitimate, the seller can leave their response and it will carry more weight. Not that any of that is your fault and I'm glad things worked out okay for you. I just think it's a lousy way to run a feedback system because it's obviously flawed and, in my case, it left the seller unaccountable for her crap and left me being effectively blacklisted from the entire site.

I did PM a mod, but she's the same one who messaged me with a bunch of threats in the first place and then stopped responding when I sent an, "Actually, here is what happened and here are email records, USPS case numbers, etc. to back me up" message in response. I'm not expecting any miracles, though, and at this point have no interest in a site where you have to toe the line and bend over backwards to prove yourself if you have the misfortune of having a bad experience with someone who's a friend of a moderator.

I just wanted to buy some diapers, you know? If it's going to mean a bunch of shenanigans, I'll just stick to the FB groups.

March 31st, 2013, 09:59 AM
Yeah, the mod accused me of lying again and said she had "proof" of my story changing.

Steer clear, IMO. It's great if you're established and nothing goes wrong, but if something does and you're new, you're on your own.

Last edited by Keakie; March 31st, 2013 at 10:02 AM.
March 31st, 2013, 11:29 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
Yeah, the mod accused me of lying again and said she had "proof" of my story changing.

Steer clear, IMO. It's great if you're established and nothing goes wrong, but if something does and you're new, you're on your own.
Wow, it sounds like you've been through far too much BS for $16! I'm not familiar with diaper swappers. What's the deal?
March 31st, 2013, 02:47 PM
Super Mommy
Im sorry to hear you had a negative experience with diaperswappers I have been on there for 3 years and done at least 50 transactions (yes, Im an addict! lol) and only once had a problem, and that was where I didnt receive the diapers. I just contacted paypal and my money was refunded. I bet you can still do transactions. If a seller asks why the negative review you can just explain it to them perhaps.

*Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!*
06/12 11/12

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 31st, 2013, 04:36 PM
Putting a hold on the payment until I could figure out what was up with the package was what got them angry at me in the first place. Apparently what I was expected to do was say nothing, since I'm just a new member and the seller's been around for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecatlady View Post
Wow, it sounds like you've been through far too much BS for $16! I'm not familiar with diaper swappers. What's the deal?
It's a forum. It has a lot of areas but I was mainly interested in the buy/sell/trade section because you can usually find used items (cloth diapers, carriers, etc) in good condition for a decent price. I had been looking there because I'm totally new to CDing and wanted a way to try a few different types and brands without breaking the budget.

Having said that, the extra money I'd pay for brand new items is starting to look favorable compared to the drama. Thankfully, they aren't the only resource for that type of thing.

March 31st, 2013, 05:46 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I used them when I was CDing and I bought my Kinderpack, which I LOVE, on there for $135 but I probably won't be buying much now that I no longer CD. You can use my name if you you ever need it. But it sounds pretty crappy so I can see why you want to run!!

March 31st, 2013, 06:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post

Wow, that is horrible. I don't like the way the choose favorites. Like I said, their favoritism worked out in my favor but I definitely SAW it. I also read through some of the complaints section and decided to step away from that place. Lots of drama.

March 31st, 2013, 07:08 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I remember when you first posted about all this. That lady sounds really childish. I would probably steer clear too!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search