I'm not feeling a lot of movement.

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 08:28 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I thought I was feeling things around the 16w mark, and have felt little flutters or taps once in awhile since then. I don't know if I've felt something every day or not, though, and I usually need to be sitting very still and focusing on my body to feel much. I feel like a lot of people aren't as far as I am (18w tomorrow) and sound like they're feeling a lot more. I also have had a few comments, here and IRL, about how I'm not as big as so-and-so was at this point.

It's hard not to be a little worried. I feel like I'm getting bigger by the week, but those comments plus the movement concerns haver nervous.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
April 1st, 2013, 08:36 AM
MandersM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't stress sweetie!
Everyone woman & every pregnancy is different.
I have a friend who barely looked 30w preggo when she delivered at exactly 40w.
She never did get the big pop belly.
And maybe baby is resting from the exhausting road trip
Or maybe because he/she is getting bigger, they have positioned themselves in a way that makes it harder for you to feel.

No stressing, ok!?? Everything is going great!
2nd GP Appt: 02/20 - wasn't able to pick up a heartbeat
3rd GP Appt: 02-21 - due to spotting, still no hb
1st U/S: 02/25 - 10wk u/s due to spotting > saw the hb and our little blob!!
NPT U/S: 03/15 - got a wave from our LO!! And all looks well. We went public!!
3rd GP Appt: 03/22 - heard the hb...157!
1st OB Appt: 04/22 - LOVE my OB. She doesn't rush, as is pretty knowledgable about crohn's and pregnancy. hb = 159!
20wk u/s: 05/06 - Loved seeing our little babe again! Tech was very tight lipped though, and no medical info was given. And we're holding off on the gender until the reveal party!!
Reveal Party: 05/18 - IT'S A GIRL!!!!
OB Appt: 05/22 -

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 1st, 2013, 08:36 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
I only felt Savannah very intermittently (every few days?) until I was past 20 weeks...try not to worry, I think I've felt this one only once or twice and i'm not even sure it was the baby LOL...it really is nice once we're a month or more further along and you can feel them regularly. I would panic periodically with Savannah and my go to move was to drink a little soda & then roll on my tummy slightly to squish her (nice huh?) until I got a kick of protest to reassure me

ETA: on size, with Savannah at 20 weeks no one even guessed I was pregnant and I was still in normal clothes...do NOT worry about that! Those of us who have had multiple pregnancies tend to blow up like a balloon really fast...right now at not even 15 weeks I look immensely more pregnant than I did with Savannah at same point.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Last edited by L-SBB; April 1st, 2013 at 08:38 AM.
April 1st, 2013, 08:48 AM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I agree with the others...try not to stress! I didn't feel karlee till 20ish weeks. I have felt this little one move a few times but definitely NOT consistently. It is also only at night when I am laying down and focused on trying to feel the baby.

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
April 1st, 2013, 09:09 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
Do you know where your placenta is? With this one and my last, I have/had an anterior placenta. I didn't feel DD3 until 21 weeks and this time since 18 weeks, I'm only feeling him kick here and there in my belly...lots in my crotch lately though. I don't think there's anything to worry about though!!

April 1st, 2013, 09:22 AM
Destiny
With my first pregnancy I didn't show until I was over 20 weeks, but boy did I get huge by the end.

Also, I've been feeling baby, but I feel her best at bedtime. I'll lie down and feel around for her and listen with the fetoscope. Maybe just try relaxing in bed, sometimes when you're busy all day and moving they feel too relaxed to move a whole lot, and sometime's you're just too busy to notice. Bedtime is my baby bonding time.
I've never felt movement with any great consistency this early, it still depends a lot on baby's position and activity level at any given moment.

April 1st, 2013, 09:22 AM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
I have barely felt anything yet either. Just little taps here and there and I have to really be concentrating to feel it. Try not to worry, I know it's hard. With my first I didn't even wear maternity clothes until the last two months. All I heard from everyone was "When are you going to start looking pregnant?" That's just about as annoying as people saying "Wow, you're big already, how much longer you have to go yet?" This is your first and some people just don't get that big. I say enjoy it and enjoy being comfortable!!
April 1st, 2013, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't felt a whole lot, either and it freaks me out because I thought I had started feeling movement around 12-13 weeks but then, nothing.

Try not to worry, though. At this stage, baby is still so tiny that if he/she moves towards your back, you won't feel much, if anything at all. I hope you start to feel movement regularly soon!

April 1st, 2013, 10:14 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
yeah definitely no need for concern. your first pregnancy is so full of worry and after this you'll be like, wth was i so worried about?!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 1st, 2013, 10:49 AM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I haven't felt anything either. I thought I "might" have a few times.. but I don't have anything to compare it to. When I went for my NT scan at 12 weeks, and on one of the pictures the tech typed anterior placenta. So I guess it may be a little longer for me too.

Don't worry! From what I have learned EVERY pregnancy is different

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
April 1st, 2013, 11:23 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Thanks ladies. That helps a good bit. It's just so hard to know what's normal and what isn't.

I'm actually not sure where my placenta is. At my 10w u/s the tech didn't mention it and I -think- it looks like it was higher up in the pictures we got that day, but I'm not sure if its anterior or posterior. I guess I'll find out next week at the anatomy scan.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
April 1st, 2013, 11:32 AM
321abc
Even if your placenta is posterior it's still early. A lot of people don't feel movement until 20 weeks or after even if they are super thin.
I'm 18 weeks and I don't feel much movement at all. This is my second pregnancy but I have an anterior placenta. I think I read somewhere not to worry unless you aren't feeling movement after 22 or maybe 24 weeks.
These babies are still pretty tiny!
April 1st, 2013, 11:43 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every pregnancy is completely different. With my first, I didn't really look pregnant until I was 7 months along, and didn't feel movement at all until 20 weeks. With this one, my third, people are guessing that I'm due during the summer! lol Also the movement - I'm not as far along as you, but I'm pretty sure I have felt a little movement here and there - it's usually only when I'm sitting or laying very still and is definitely not regular.

I know it's hard, but try not to freak out too much. I'd bet within weeks, you'll be feeling those reassuring movements on a regular basis.
April 1st, 2013, 11:56 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it makes you feel any better, I'm slightly worried, too, lol. Hoping I'm just being paranoid as well. Can't think exactly how far along right now. I'll have to check my ticker after I post this, lol. But I know I felt movement at around 14 weeks with my 2nd. However, I was thinner then than I am now (by maybe 15 lbs) so perhaps that has some to do with it. I thought I felt a few pokes at different times, but it hasn't increased to the point that I *know* it's the baby moving yet. One problem may be that I don't sit still too much. I hope all is well for us both and we start getting socked in the uterus soon! hehe

[/url]

April 1st, 2013, 12:55 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I felt my first at around 16 weeks and it was just a real quick thing that didn't happen often until further along.

With my second I felt her at 12 weeks and same thing, it took a while for it to get regular.

This time, I will be 13 weeks tomorrow, and I can't be too sure I have felt the little bean. Occasionally I will think, was that it, or was it just tummy rumblings, but I can't tell. But we have had three ultrasounds since week 10, two of which were last week, and the baby has been moving and wriggling around in there, so we know it's not due to lack of movement!

Try not to worry too much. Before long he or she will be elbowing and kicking you where it hurts

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 1st, 2013, 01:05 PM
Veteran
no reason to worry! I am 16 weeks this week and haven't felt anything. Every time I think I might have felt something, I wait a few seconds or a minute and let out a fart haha! I am still wearing my size 3/4 pre-pregnancy jeans. This is my third pregnancy.
Keakie likes this.
DS ~ October 2007
April 1st, 2013, 01:06 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure I didn't feel my first at all until I was 20 weeks. This time, I *may* have felt what was really gas bubbles last week, but really feeling nothing yet. I can't wait until big actual kicks come along!

April 1st, 2013, 10:00 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you posted this because I've been worried too. I can hear him moving when I listen on my Doppler so I know he's moving in there, but I can't feel it much. I didn't feel Tay until closer to 20 weeks, but I felt Ry consistently by 16 weeks. She is a wild child, so maybe this little guy is just more laid back?

April 2nd, 2013, 06:08 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With E, I got a couple flutters the day of 16 weeks, and then once in a while after that, definitely not every day.

This time the movement started before 14 weeks, but it was very random. It has just gotten to where I feel some every day, and I still kind of have to be paying attention.

And as to how big. I tried to find pics posted on here of my friend, but failed. She is an average height person, very thin, went to 41 weeks with normal size babies and you would never have known she was pregnant at all. Everyone is different.

Just wait until your kid gets here!!! Most of her life E has been 50% for weight and height, but I constantly hear how she is "so tiny!" or occasionally "huge!" Because people always want to comment on something and they just have no idea what they're talking about.

April 2nd, 2013, 06:30 AM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
Try not to worry, Keaks Just like you, I am barely showing either. Most people ask me if I "really am pregnant." As far as feeling anything goes, I have felt little flutters here and there and yesterday I felt something "flip over" down there off to the left (which is where he hangs out) but other than that, I don't feel much. I wouldn't be surprised if the flutters were just gas too....lol, I'm new at all of this so I'm not really sure what to be feeling for

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search