Boobs

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 09:52 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Does anyone have really sore boobs??? I haven't seen anyone else post this and I really wonder if what I am feeling is normal. About three weeks back, I had this strange pain in my chest, left breast and shoulder blade. It took this long, but I think it is finally gone. Now it seems like my right breast is similiarly sore but not the other parts. I have problems with my esophagus and swallowing and I figured it had something to do with that.

Now I am wondering and thought a little before, could it be normal pregnancy stuff??? I know this month that our breast begin to produce milk, get bigger, etc... So- does ANYONE have very painful breasts?? I don't recall them being this sore with my other pregnancies. My chest is also sore above my breasts... sorry

April 2nd, 2013, 10:35 AM
MandersM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine are definitely more tender the last week or so. No pain in my actual chest or shoulder though. To me that sounds more like a muscular thing??
2nd GP Appt: 02/20 - wasn't able to pick up a heartbeat
3rd GP Appt: 02-21 - due to spotting, still no hb
1st U/S: 02/25 - 10wk u/s due to spotting > saw the hb and our little blob!!
NPT U/S: 03/15 - got a wave from our LO!! And all looks well. We went public!!
3rd GP Appt: 03/22 - heard the hb...157!
1st OB Appt: 04/22 - LOVE my OB. She doesn't rush, as is pretty knowledgable about crohn's and pregnancy. hb = 159!
20wk u/s: 05/06 - Loved seeing our little babe again! Tech was very tight lipped though, and no medical info was given. And we're holding off on the gender until the reveal party!!
Reveal Party: 05/18 - IT'S A GIRL!!!!
OB Appt: 05/22 -

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 2nd, 2013, 10:46 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Mine aren't terribly sore anymore, but they were pretty tender in the first trimester. Now they're just big. The nipples are sensitive, but that's about it. I don't know that I'd worry too much, though - what's normal for one mama/one pregnancy might not happen for another.

I hope they feel better, anyway! I would ask your OB or midwife the next time you talk to them if you're really concerned.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
April 2nd, 2013, 10:47 AM
I found this thread... I do think it might have something to do with milk production. I've had mastitis before, and I don't have a fever or anything. I guess I'll just keep trying hot packs. I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.

Breast Pain | BabyCenter

April 2nd, 2013, 10:54 AM
Destiny
My boobs hurt pretty bad. I'm still producing milk (I've nursed through my pregnancy so far) and I know that it's not mastitis (BTDT). A lot of it is just hormones, and God only knows what else. I have a nagging suspicion there might be thrush involved too, though my nursling hasn't shown any signs.

April 2nd, 2013, 10:58 AM
321abc
Mine are just now starting to grow and they are SORE!
I'm about 18 weeks
April 2nd, 2013, 11:06 AM
heatherolivia's Avatar Member
I can relate, my boobs are so tender and sore. It's normal though so think of it as a good thing, if you can
April 2nd, 2013, 11:19 AM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine are super tender, but I'm also still nursing and making milk... I'm blaming it on that and hormones.

April 2nd, 2013, 11:22 AM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
My boobs aren't really sore.. just my nips. When I take off my bra at the end of the day HOLY COW! (I am in a DDD now.. probably will have to go up a size again )

I am going to have to start wearing a bra or something at bed time. When I get up to pee the weight of them kills my nips.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
April 2nd, 2013, 04:15 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
Mine have been extremely sore on the bottom and to the side, if that makes sense? They hurt all over but seem to be the most in those areas, where I sometimes will get a clogged duct. Has been like this pretty much from day one. It's weird because the last 4 pregnancies they haven't hurt at all. I was sooooooooooo not expecting this!
April 2nd, 2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLaurie View Post
Mine have been extremely sore on the bottom and to the side, if that makes sense? They hurt all over but seem to be the most in those areas, where I sometimes will get a clogged duct. Has been like this pretty much from day one. It's weird because the last 4 pregnancies they haven't hurt at all. I was sooooooooooo not expecting this!
I am glad I am not alone. Mine hurt mostly on the top and the side. Do you know for sure you have clogged ducts? Are you breastfeeding? I've gotten mastitis while breastfeeding and I almost instantly broke out in a fever and felt like I had the flu. I don't have any of that going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelbert View Post
My boobs aren't really sore.. just my nips. When I take off my bra at the end of the day HOLY COW! (I am in a DDD now.. probably will have to go up a size again )

I am going to have to start wearing a bra or something at bed time. When I get up to pee the weight of them kills my nips.
I sympathize. I am a D and refuse to go up to a DD, but I may have no choice soon.

April 2nd, 2013, 05:17 PM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all my boobs are freaking HUGE now! My nipples are really sore and my boobs are tender too!

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
April 2nd, 2013, 06:06 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirdeemrlvs View Post
I am glad I am not alone. Mine hurt mostly on the top and the side. Do you know for sure you have clogged ducts? Are you breastfeeding? I've gotten mastitis while breastfeeding and I almost instantly broke out in a fever and felt like I had the flu. I don't have any of this going on.
No I'm not nursing right now. I should have said where I get clogged ducts when nursing. I have had mastitis a few times too, I'm not feverish or anything. It just seems odd because I've never had this before. With my first baby they were sore, but not in my other 4 pregnancies. Seems really odd to me, but I guess our hormones do strange things when we get older?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search