I can't decide if i should be concerned *UPDATE in #1*

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By L-SBB

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 06:46 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
I've been having a sharp pain on my left side (tummy, kind of directly across from belly button) since Monday morning - I just woke up with it, so figured I probably pulled a muscle or a ligament. But the pain hasn't gotten any better (it's been 48 hours now), and this morning I've had some intermittent cramping too.

I just left vm for my OB's nurse to see if they're concerned enough to bring me in before my scheduled apt Tue AM (I have a high risk OB apt Mon AM, so I can bring it to his attention a little earlier). Where it's placed i'd think it was some ligament pain, but I don't remember ever having ligament pain with Savannah that lasted more than a few hours - those were more like sharp temp pains, this one if it were on my right side i'd be worried was appendicitis it's that constant & painful.

Anyone have (or had in a prev pregnancy) anything that sounds similar?

**UPDATE**

Well that was an unexpectedly scary Dr apt...the pain they're not worried about (more likely pulled a ligament) but when Dr tried to find baby's hb on doppler - NOTHING. She kept trying, pulled in a nurse to assist...still nothing. We did this seriously for what seemed like the longest 10 mins of my entire life while i'm basically trying not to just break down into hysterics. So they give up and decide to do an u/s...u/s tech was off today (otherwise they would have done that to begin with, rather than doppler) so OB does it herself, and THANKFULLY baby was fine, hb & wiggling a little bit.

As best I can tell when they did the doppler they expected the baby to be a lot lower (I suspect i'm measuring ahead anyway just by how big I look vs Savannah's pregnancy) and when they did the u/s the Dr said "oh wow, baby is really up high) so I guess that's how it was missed on the doppler.

Anyway, scare over...i'm fine, baby's fine...going to need anxiety meds before this pregnancy is over tho...
Anitha likes this.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Last edited by L-SBB; April 3rd, 2013 at 10:00 AM.
April 3rd, 2013, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am not sure if I've experienced something like that...but then again, I get all kinds of aches and pains in weird places during pregnancy which I give some time to figure out if it's worth bringing up to the doctor...but since you are considered high risk and the pain is crampy I think you made a good call in leaving that voicemail. Hope its nothing to be concerned

April 3rd, 2013, 07:49 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I really hope it's nothing, but since you did mention you are considered high risk, I would definitely give your Dr's office a call about it!!!
April 3rd, 2013, 07:54 AM
Super Mommy
It sounds like round ligament pain. Totally normal, I have been having the same thing and I dont remember it from my first pregnancy either.

*Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!*
06/12 11/12

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 3rd, 2013, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am lurking and saw this and just wanted to let you know I did have this sort of pain right around the same time during my pregnancy, possibly a little later and it lasted a few days. I called my doc about it and explained it to which they said it was most definitely ligament pain. Mine was also on my left so they weren't worried about appendicitis. It did go away on its own a few days later, and all has been well. I definitely say talk to your doc regardless, but I think (hope) all is well. Drink lots of water, that'll help some.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

April 3rd, 2013, 08:02 AM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah sounds like Round ligament pain to me too

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
April 3rd, 2013, 08:20 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
thanks everyone - just spoke with Dr's nurse and they're not too concerned but given my history offered that I could come in so they could check baby's hb with Doppler so i'm heading in now. I will def. keep drinking more water (nurse suggested that too).

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 3rd, 2013, 08:31 AM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
I've been having the same thing. I just saw my doc on Monday and she said it was completely normal. As long as these sharps pains aren't accompanied by bleeding or strange discharge, you should be totally fine. Round ligament pains sounds about right. Don't feel bad....I was freaked out too
April 3rd, 2013, 08:38 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been having these pains! I thought they were associated with bowel movements like I needed to have one?

April 3rd, 2013, 09:30 AM
321abc
I sneezed in an awkward position the other day and ok pretty sure I pulled a round ligament. It HURT, then it was sore in that area for a few days. Maybe that's what it is
April 3rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow I just read your update. How scary!! So glad that baby is doing great though. Your Dr's office seems to be taking real good care of you!
I also understand what you say abt carrying higher. This week my belly seems to have grown a lot and the top of my uterus almost feels like its above my belly button. I think I am not feeling this right...but still my belly seems tighter even abv the belly button now vs before it was only tight below the belly button.

April 3rd, 2013, 11:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that worry! You've been through enough! I hope the rest of this pregnancy is just smooth sailing with no more worries or scares! I am so glad you and baby are okay!

April 3rd, 2013, 04:15 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow what a big scare drs always go based on text book ways of where the baby "should be" mines up high to.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

April 3rd, 2013, 05:14 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
How scary! I'm glad everything's ok!

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

April 4th, 2013, 07:48 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
that is scary!!! i'm glad you're both okay. i have a lot of RLP this time. i wonder if that attributed to your pain?

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 4th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Just reading this now! How scary! I'm glad that everything is alright though.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
April 4th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Ugh, Ugh you just gave me a grey hair I could not read that fast enough.

Thank goodness baby is good.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search