Stupid Gagging

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know that some other ladies had this issue earlier in their pregnancies and I did too, but now it is so much worse I am gagging so hard I am afraid I will throw up!!
I am thinking it might be getting worse due to allergies, as if maybe my allergies are causing there to be more drainage than normal. I do have a bit of a runny nose. I just don't like the thought of being around other ppl or out in public and all of a sudden starting to gag uncontrollably. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

* Thank you Kiliki for my adorable siggy!*
April 3rd, 2013, 10:26 AM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
I have the same issues....I think allergies and drainage do play a big part in it. Another thing I've found that contributes to mine is when my mouth or throat gets really dry. I can feel when my mouth or throat gets really dry and I'm going to start gagging. Most of the time, I am talking when this happens. So I immediately just say "Hang on just a sec"....(most people understand) and I begin to try and get as much spit in my mouth as I can (gross, I know). Then I swallow. I puts some moisture back in my mouth and throat. Sometimes I just have to keep excusing myself from conversation or whatever it is that I'm doing. When you're pregnant, people just seem to understand and don't really question it.

Do you find yourself gagging at random times? Or when you're talking and your mouth/throat gets dry?
April 3rd, 2013, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll have to pay more attention to whether or not my mouth is dry. I know that sucking on cough drops helps (although most I have tried are too sweet and I end up spitting them out) munching on small snacks helps and sometimes drinking tea puts it off for a bit. It seems to happen a lot more at night than any other time.

* Thank you Kiliki for my adorable siggy!*
April 3rd, 2013, 01:47 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I have recently started gagging when brushing my teeth, taking my vitamins AND picking up dog business.

With my DH's work schedule he is here a week, gone a week. The week he is home he has dog duty so I don't have to mess with it. But when he is gone I have to take them out then clean their mess. Even though I hold my breath I still gag! I was hoping it was just a one time thing, but it happened the last 3 times before he got home. He left this morning.. I took the dogs out and I gagged again! I love my dogs, but right now I really don't like them :-/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
April 3rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
I always gag during and after brushing my teeth. The other night I actually threw up, no fun at all. I'm thinking about trying kid toothpaste to see if that helps. I really can't wait to get past this and feel normal again!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search