SO obsessions?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By AmbzAsh
  • 1 Post By Anitha
  • 1 Post By felicia_alexis
  • 2 Post By beckiethedoula

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 08:07 PM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does your SO/DH have something that they are obsessed about? You know one of those....."don't bug me why I am ___________" things? I was just thinking about this as my DH watches Chicago Fire and every time I try to say something to him he pauses it and rolls his eyes becaue he is annoyed that I am bothering him lol.

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
April 3rd, 2013, 08:09 PM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, mine plays online games, but I would roll my eyes too if someone interrupted Chicago Fire, those guys are HOT!! LOL, but I do feel your pain "I'm in a group babe, can it wait?"

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 3rd, 2013, 08:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
His obsessions change. Right now, it's working out. He is always watching work out videos, looking up the best supplements and protein, etc. Drives me nuts!

April 3rd, 2013, 08:17 PM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
My bf's obsession is sports. Our tv is constantly on ESPN and when he is watching a game, it's serious business. He wants to be left completely alone. He is a sports freak.....I will tape how he acts one day and post it on here for you all to watch....it's VERY entertaining. Pacing the floor, screaming, punching things, talking to himself, getting really upset and dropping the F bomb every 5 seconds. It's ridiculous lol
Alpha_allie1010 likes this.
April 4th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbzAsh View Post
Pacing the floor, screaming, punching things, talking to himself, getting really upset and dropping the F bomb every 5 seconds. It's ridiculous lol
thats ME during football season LOL!

My hubby's obsession is with gadgets and technology. he's always reading new tech news online, messing with his phone, looking for new apps, etc. etc.
DS ~ October 2007
April 4th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
My dh has a billion hobbies and interests but right now he's really into writing music, particularly mixing EDM. He was really into his writing for a little while before we met, but life has been crazy and he hasn't been feeling creative for a long time. He's been getting back into it, though, and really enjoying it. A couple weeks ago it was cold and nasty outside so we stayed in all weekend, and he spent hours reading about and tweaking a song he came up with. I think it's really cool, and I'm glad that he's feeling inspired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCathy View Post
Yes, mine plays online games, but I would roll my eyes too if someone interrupted Chicago Fire, those guys are HOT!! LOL, but I do feel your pain "I'm in a group babe, can it wait?"
I've heard this too, but in our case I *also* play the online games so I can sympathize with being in a raid group.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
April 4th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
One word - NFL.
AmbzAsh likes this.

April 4th, 2013, 10:31 AM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitha View Post
One word - NFL.
Right there with ya, hun. Has your hubby already started counting down to football season?

I will say, I do wish my bf had more hobbies. Other than sports and spending two hours a day at the gym, he has no interests. None. Zero. I wish I would come home and find him tinkering with things or building something or reading or SOMETHING. But no, he just likes sports (not playing them....just watching them) and going to the gym. I know that sounds silly :-/ And I feel bad for saying it but he just has no interest in trying something new (soooo totally opposite of me!!) or learning a new skill.

Any other ladies the "handyman" of the house? Lol I am!
April 4th, 2013, 10:31 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
oh gosh...well let's see. my dh's obsessions change too. he usually ignores me when he's reading stupid crap on the internet. his big love right now is baseball since it just started. we don't miss a rangers game. luckily after several years he has worn me down and we watch them together when we can.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 4th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Super Mommy
Mine likes to hunt. It is no longer deer season yet he is still building new feeders and looking up the latest deer blind and filling his feeder and checking his camera. I swear if he doesnt get me at least two good size deers I might kill him lol
Happy Song likes this.

April 4th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I am the handyman around here too! My Dh is VERY computer/technology smart (works in IT) and is great at wiring and that type of thing but that i about it. Getting him to mow the grass is a chore for sure! DH also spends two nights a week at the fire dept which gets really old too

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
April 4th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Super Mommy
MIne doesnt mow either drives me crazy lol

April 4th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Right there with ya, hun. Has your hubby already started counting down to football season?

I will say, I do wish my bf had more hobbies. Other than sports and spending two hours a day at the gym, he has no interests. None. Zero. I wish I would come home and find him tinkering with things or building something or reading or SOMETHING. But no, he just likes sports (not playing them....just watching them) and going to the gym. I know that sounds silly :-/ And I feel bad for saying it but he just has no interest in trying something new (soooo totally opposite of me!!) or learning a new skill.

Oh yeah...even during off season he's always reading about that stuff...about drafting...about the coaches whatever!! Ugh drives me nuts. My DH is the opposite when it comes to other hobbies though...in that he will suddenly develop this interest in some new thing and he's be reading and buying stuff only for that interest to fade in a few months! last year it was fishing, now he claims he wants to do arrow shooting!! My gripe is that, I am so depressed with winter and having to stay indoors (no I dont like any winter activities like iceskating skiing etc.) and I look forward to the few summer months we have here to go outdoors and do something. He will develop some stupid hobby like this and find a way to hang out with the guys during the precious few weekends that we have! Sucks. I am not the kind to nag too...so I just send him off and hope he will make it up later which he never does!

As for being the handyman, I am the one that's good at figuring things out - I am an engineer, my spatial reasoning is much sharper than his. But he is getting better and he does a lot of the heavy stuff these days Also we bought our first house only abt two yrs back, fixing things around the house is new to us and he is still learning, I therefore cut him some slack lol.

April 4th, 2013, 10:50 AM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ummm... Electronics, cars, antique machinery, computers, math, gardening, tinkering, building mysterious things in the garage that make the house lights dim when he turns them on, luncheons with geniuses, doting on the family, Person of Interest, cooking, attempting to organize, firearms, Dr. Who.... I'm sure I'm missing some... he's an eclectic geek.
Anitha and Babybear4 like this.

April 4th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Destiny
My hubby's is MMOs. I had to uninstall WoW after our first was born because I would literally never see him, when our computer was being repaired he wouldn't even come home some nights (he was going to a friends to play).

He still plays, but on a more limited basis now. He also does Magic the gathering.

April 4th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Veteran
Quote:

Yes! I completely redid our basement in our old house. Tore down the drywall, took out the NASTY old insulation, replaced the insulation, layed some studs to wall in the hot water heater and laundry area, put up all new drywall, ran electric for new accent lights, etc. I got overwhelmed with how long it was taking, so I had to call my dad to "visit" and help me because my husband is NOT handy at all.
DS ~ October 2007
April 4th, 2013, 06:31 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
My DH used to be into music and would DJ with his brother. He sold all that stuff so NOW its his Jeep. He has a Jeep Wrangler we go offroading in. He is always wanting to add something to it, or change something. I have learned more about Jeep parts that I ever thought I would.

He got new sway bars and they weren't level, so I had to go and measure some end links because he was at work. Would I have known what that was a few years ago? Heck no! I even pointed out a green rear differential cover when I was with one of my friends.. she was like what? Lol..

I am not a major handy man but I can do a lot of minor things myself. With my DH's job I kinda have to. I like hanging shelves and things because I am pretty OCD so they are always nice and level. DH just slops them up there.

Oh and my DH does NOT watch sports! Crazy!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
April 4th, 2013, 08:09 PM
kaylacaroline's Avatar Veteran
I do not feel for you ladies at all. LOL.

Dh and I share almost all of our obsessions. We fight like dogs during NFL season, or when his **** team picks up one of my teams players. Let's just say it gets intense around these parts on Sundays. We watch the draft, spend hours rehashing old games and discussing every aspect of football.

We also online game together, most nights that's what we're doing. We have our "night cap" of a few rounds before bed to wind down.

We also both love to hike, fish, play sports (mostly soccer) and long distance swim.

BUT... There is one thing I hate... even though I'm Canadian... And that's hockey. And hockey is on more than once a week. After a few years of complaining, he seemed to give up on it. And I am a happier girl.

April 4th, 2013, 08:32 PM
estherm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmmm...

When I am not a work widow I am hockey widow..

Its actually gotten better..

He is majorly into fishing ( quiet lakes all by himself or with a buddy and beer ) Wouldn't that be awesome if we got to do that???? lol

Hockey.. He plays goalie so on top of his regular games he is always getting called to fill in.. And I am always running to town to get his skates sharpened.. lol

Golf in the summer.. Same with fishing its a summer thing..

I dislike the hockey most of all cause it involves lots of beer and him never answering texts and being home late.. lol and boys being boys.. sigh..

I have made it better by just coming along and enjoying it.. Now we go camping in the woods with the kids.. quite a few weekends in the summer.. And he fishes a little less than he would with a buddy.. but there is still beer involved and one bonus is he actually gets something when I am there.. And there is sometimes sex.. lol

Same with golfing I don't go along as often but I try.. Cant take the kids so that one is harder..

And hockey I can't participate and its boring.... And cold.....

He also loves to go to the bar and watch hockey. which is where he is right now..

All in all I like most of his hobbies.. And he loves to work outside making gardens.. but NOT weeding them.. Thats my job but he likes to make more and more gardens.. And I am like STOP!! lol

Personally I just wish I had more hobbies that I could do to get away....

Thank you Jaidensmum!

April 4th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Quote:

Be careful what you ask for... My husband regularly takes over my kitchen with his projects. Dude I bought you 20 acres and a three car garage size work shop get outta my space. Right now he is smelting and metal casting... at least he is handy. I can fake it but he is a natural.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search