Pet Peeves/Rant

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By AmbzAsh

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 09:41 PM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
Man oh man have I been irritable lately! Lovely pregnancy hormones are to blame.

What thing/things have been your biggest pet peeves here lately? Or even your pet peeves before pregnancy? Any little things you want to rant about? Post them here

Here are mine....and the list seems to be growing...lol
[*]Whistling. It annoys the hell out of me. Don't do it. Seriously.[*]People who have ZERO concept or respect for other people's time. Rude. Rude. Rude.[*]My bf and his boys leaving water and soap alllll over the bathroom sink. I literally have to go in and clean the sink off after each of them goes in the bathroom. It's EVERYWHERE. It looks like someone took a bucket of soapy water and dumped it all over the place. My hairbrush has soap in it and our toothbrushes are soaking wet. All just to wash your hands?! Someone needs a "handwashing" lesson.[*]Horrible drivers. Learn to drive or get the f*** off the d*** road! You're going to cause an accident, idiot![*]Coming home at 5:30 in the afternoon, after being awake since 6am (after 3 hours of sleep...tops) and after working all day and fighting 30 minutes of traffic to go 7 miles....all just to hear my bf say "Man, I am so tired!" Okay, excuse me.....you have been off ALL DAY....you slept in until 11am and you haven't left the bed. YOU'RE TIRED?! Give me a freakin break! Get off your ***** and do something around here to help me out![*]Eldery patients at my job (I work in a doctor's office). Okay lady, your appointment is at 11:15am. Why in the world do you feel the need to show up at 10:05am?! Then ask me to fix you coffee, wonder why it is taking so long for you to be seen, and get me to fill out your paperwork for you because you forgot your reading glasses at home. Seriously?! Maybe if you would have stayed at home for another 45 minutes, you might have had time to find your reading glasses and put them in your purse.[*]Lazy ***** people who take all the credit for doing a whole bunch of nothing.

I could keep going but I think I've already begun to look like a crazy person. Now add yours so I don't feel so bad!
April 3rd, 2013, 10:16 PM
Veteran
First of, I LOVE this topic! Here I go!!
1. People who take equipment out of my lab to make their lives easier when I still need it. Honestly! Why can't you walk to the next room rather than make people carry heavy equipment around!
2. People who park their grocery carts in the middle of the aisle blocking everyone!
3. My landlord!! Who told my DH that he may sell the townhouse we live in around August, just after my DH told him that I'm pregnant, but he's still not sure...but don't worry because we'll get lots of notice which will facilitate the move when I'm 8 bloody months pregnant!!
4. People who roll their eyes or who are passive aggressive...seriously, learn to say what's bothering you like an adult than being manipulative!
5. My mother, who thinks it's her right to tell people we're expecting rather than give us the opportunity to spread the news ourselves.
6. Stupid emails that don't need to be sent! Seriously, you're sending me an email to tell me that my latex gloves are going to be ourple instead of green? Who the **** cares?!
7. Parafilm (it's like waxy saran wrap that you can stretch to seal things really well)! Everytime it breaks on me I could throw it out the window!

Now I better stop.....
April 4th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh everyone annoys me!!!

1) People who think I am available to them 24/7 because I don't have a "typical" job
2) Bad drivers.....OMG......
3) Can I just say stupid people in general? Seriously what is wrong with people these days?
4) People who take the "kids karts" at the grocery store cuz they think it is funny (cuz they look like race cars) NEED those and they only have a few!

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
April 4th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Ooh, I have so many. I'll have to come back. I'm in a fairly good mood right now so I'm having a hard time drumming them up, but I KNOW I can add plenty to this list as they come to me.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
April 4th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Super Mommy
Sorry pressed post by accident

Thank you Kiliki for this beautiful siggy!

April 4th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revilonivek View Post
Sorry pressed post by accident
Accident? Ha, not likely. I get email notifications. I already saw what you posted. Your opinion made me laugh. I don't mind helping elderly people. What I have a problem with is these crotchety old people who come into our office and show up over an hour early for their appt, expect to be seen immediately,get angry when they have to wait, get me to fill out their paperwork, and criticize how I make their coffee for them.

The point of this thread was a pet peeves/rant post. I don't appreciate you telling me that if "I have a problem with that, I shouldn't be working there." I don't know what it is that you do...nor do I care, but I'm sure everyone has ****** days at work. I was ranting about what 90% of my days are like.
Alpha_allie1010 and kelbert like this.
April 4th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Super Mommy
That is why I took my post off. It's not my place. I hve been dealing with patients like that all the time and I know how it feels as a patient myself dealing with a staff that that way about me or a patient. It gives off a negative vibe. Everyone's different. But how would you feel if you were a patient havig a staff feel that way about you. how would you feel? Medical field is a high demanding job. I've seen nurses or doctors who shouldn't even be medical professionals. That is my rant but everybody's allowed to have bad days in the office and it doesn't matter Patients are annoying as hell I know that but feeling that way abt them because they're not that cooperative or easy... Just my pet peeve is all. Sorry I crossed this line bec this is suppose to be a safe place for a rant/pet peeve post

April 4th, 2013, 09:57 AM
No need to apologize.

Just to clear this up, I never...ever....treat my patients badly or let them know I am annoyed with them. I do what I can to help them...whether it be trying to squeeze them in early if they show up earlier than their scheduled time, filling out their entire paperwork, fixing them 3 cups of coffee (because the first two had too much sugar), or helping them out to their cars. I go above and beyond for my patients and I enjoy doing it. But we do have a lot of people (mainly elderly people) who come in to our office who take advantage of this. They see us as a concierge service who is there to answer their every beck and call. They see themselves as our one and only patient for the day. It's people like that who make my days difficult and make me want to come home and post a rant....because I do not take it out on them nor do I make them feel as if they are a bother. That is not professional nor is it good customer service. Therefore, I come home and rant

And yes, I have been that patient who feels as if they are a bother to the doctor's office and the staff. Many times. I like to ask questions and know what is going on with my care...but I also try to be mindful of a doctor's time and that they do have other patients to see.

That being said, I try to always do what I can to help people out and to make their visit enjoyable. But there are just days where I have to come home and rant.
April 4th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
also let me add I am really annoyed when people assume we want a boy this time. We both honestly don't have a preference. I wanted a girl last time and got it so I don't care now. We would love another girl but a boy would be fun too.

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
April 4th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Super Mommy
That is totally fine to feel that way. You're one of the good ones. It is just that I know many people who work in the medical field don't hide their frustrations or feelings well enough that it shows apparent in the office. I know you hve seen those types before and know what I mean? Those people are the sort who shouldn't be working there. They are mainly the reason patients feel hesitant about calling the office every time we hve a concern about something. it could have been something serious and people put off seeing the doctor because of people like them. I am sure you've seen those sort of people before. A great medical staff hides it well and never show that negative vibe at all at the office. That is the kind of staff you want to see everywhere in the medical field: People should be able to go to for help without delaying. I take that seriously. I'm sorry I crossed the line earlier. It's just that those people I mentioned about earlier are the types that get on my nerves.

April 4th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Super Mommy
1)Whining adults kids everyone a like lol Sounds awful since I have three kids just say what it is you want and be done with it. This is mainly towards my sister in law who is 6 weeks a head of me and she acts like every little thing is a huge ordeal and we should all cater to her.
2) I have been babysitting a four year old who does not nap annoys me lol I need a nap
3)No one picking up after their selves. I am pregnant and cranky and sick I am not a personal maid.
4)SO thinking you stay home you can handle it. I stay home because one I am to sick and misscarry to easily to be worth working and daycare is to expensive and I am carrying your **** baby I am handling enough thank you
5)My 7 year old claiming he cannot read yet can turn around and read the tv guide and the instructions to the game on the wii ya try again lol
6)The question was this planned. Is it your business? I think not. When I say yes we planned another baby I get Why you already have three. Thank you I couldnt count how many kids I had.

I better stop the list could go one forever lol

April 4th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Destiny
Anyone going near my boobs. Ever.

April 4th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Um, everything.

I am looking at my stove and all of DH's dishes from making his "healthy" lunches that I have to do everyday, even though I am not the one making 3-4 different things that require the use of several pans/dishes.

And then there is the fact that my son REFUSES to nap, after over an hour of trying and we have my appointment this afternoon, which means he is going to be a total little butt if I can't get him to nap in the next, oh, 30 minutes.

And there's the fact that it's raining...again. And it always rains up here. I used to like the rain, until I moved to a place that is rains more often than not.

I am in a terrible mood today, so... I could probably continue on forever.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search