Texas ladies!! Have you been in the Bluebonnets?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have several women from Texas here and I wondered if any of you had done/do bluebonnet photos?

Here it is kind of a statewide tradition. The Bluebonnet is our state flower and it's a wildflower. Every year when it blooms thousands of people make the trip out to the wilder areas to take pictures - mostly of their kids/families.

My BFF and I scoped out fields today and we're headed back Saturday with the husbands in tow.

Last year:

This year with her BFF. Hopefully I can get the perfect quintessential bluebonnet picture Saturday.:

April 4th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww those pics are adorable! I wish it was spring here already so we can do something like that!

April 4th, 2013, 01:50 PM
321abc
I have some in my front yard!
April 4th, 2013, 02:32 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
we've done it each year with Savannah, but either they're slow to come out up here this spring (any other DFW ladies here??) or they haven't gone well around us. I am planning to go in hunt of this week - weather has been unseasonably cold (and rainy) this week so hopefully they are just hiding...

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 4th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Have you been to TexasBluebonnetsightings.com? They're the best site EVER (and they're on FB too, but the website is easier to get to what you need.) It looks like you're right, no sightings reported yet in all of DFW, but they keep saying Ennis is getting ready - not there yet - I bet it will be peaking there in 2-3 weeks.

April 4th, 2013, 03:04 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
what a cutie. we don't have any yet up in north texas but i am hoping in the next week or two we might. last year was gorgeous.

Here's a pic i took last year:

Lara last year i took pics out in wylie and they were gorgeous. i have a friend scouting out the denison dam for me just minutes from the oklahoma border. I'm hoping to find some somewhere but it does sound like we have another week or two before there are really any reasonable amount.

I did see where a photog in little elm/frisco area had found a patch but i'm not sure where.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 4th, 2013, 03:10 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
ok I feel much better now...some of the big bluebonnet fields near us have been infested with that (JM is going to hate this name, but it's the real name) invasive b@stard cabbage and it's choking out all the bluebonnets so I keep worrying that i'll miss them entirely.

Thanks for the website & the location info...definitely saving that, and hopefully in next couple of weeks we get them here!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 4th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Oh gosh the ******* cabbage!! It was EVERYWHERE last year. This year I didn't see even 20% of what was there last year - leaving absolutely gorgeous medians and shoulders of bluebonnets and indian paintbrush and whatever yellow flower it is that isn't the BC. It's bad up there this year? Maybe it is cyclical and the seeds only bloom every 2-3 years or something.

April 4th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are doing ours tomorrow!

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
April 4th, 2013, 05:09 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
my hope is that we're just a couple of weeks behind b/c it does seem like they're starting to come up some when they peaked around last weekend last year. so we shall see!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 4th, 2013, 05:28 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
They have bloomed here! We don't have really big fields of them, but a lot of neighbors have them in their yard.. and I have seen some in front of businesses. BEAUTIFUL flowers.

A few years ago we went to Austin and they were all down the freeway. We stopped and took lots of pictures.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
April 4th, 2013, 05:39 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
No bluebonnets here, too many snow banks. Love the pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search