Log In Sign Up

BTDT moms or anyone who cares to reply...


Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Heidijens1
  • 2 Post By TaraJo29
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
April 4th, 2013, 09:53 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,464
So, I am just about 20 weeks and mentally it's kind of draining. On one hand, I think WOW, I'm half way there!!! and the other hand, I'm thinking... man, I'm only half way there!! The third trimester is always very difficult for me and I am trying not to gain alot of weight, and I have still been walking on the treadmill, but it's getting harder. Since I started out overweight, I think I"ll still end up at the same weight I have in my other pregnancies.

I'm already getting winded going up and down the stairs... I hope these next TWENTY weeks goes by fast :-)
__________________
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him. Psalm 127:3



Reply With Quote
  #2  
April 4th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 893
Aw. I hope they go well and fast for you. I lost a bunch of weight before I got pregnant this time and really thought that it would be easier. Well it already is not easier. I'm out of breath a lot of the time and I know I should be getting out and walking in the warmer weather but even the thought exhausts me.
mirdeemrlvs likes this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
April 4th, 2013, 10:17 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidijens1 View Post
Aw. I hope they go well and fast for you. I lost a bunch of weight before I got pregnant this time and really thought that it would be easier. Well it already is not easier. I'm out of breath a lot of the time and I know I should be getting out and walking in the warmer weather but even the thought exhausts me.
I lost 15 lbs before getting preg. I was aiming for 30, but very happy I atleast lost the 15. I am forcing myself to go on the treadmill about 2x a week. It is getting harder though. Last time I woke up with a sore back. I am going to keep it up as long as I can though because I know the last three months are hard and I need all the strength I can get.
__________________
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him. Psalm 127:3



Reply With Quote
  #4  
April 5th, 2013, 07:22 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,741
I'm just starting to feel uncomfortable when I have to bend over. And I've felt short of breath really easily this whole pregnancy. I feel like such an out of shape old lady. I hear ya. But I think this 2nd half of pregnancy is so much more exciting because 1) we'll actually look pregnant, 2) feel the baby move a lot which is really cool, 3) can look forward to the birth knowing it's not quite as far away, and 4) can do some more of the fun stuff like go shopping for baby, put together our hospital bag!, pick out the outfit baby will wear home, buy a scrap book... etc. So I think the 3rd trimester, in a lot of ways (not so much the hip-hurting, not-sleeping ways ) is the most fun!
jensma and Happy Song like this.
__________________
Mom to Titus (10), Isaiah (8), Noelle (6), Joel (4), Hannah (2), and baby due Sept 10!

[/url]

Reply With Quote
  #5  
April 5th, 2013, 07:35 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJo29 View Post
I'm just starting to feel uncomfortable when I have to bend over. And I've felt short of breath really easily this whole pregnancy. I feel like such an out of shape old lady. I hear ya. But I think this 2nd half of pregnancy is so much more exciting because 1) we'll actually look pregnant, 2) feel the baby move a lot which is really cool, 3) can look forward to the birth knowing it's not quite as far away, and 4) can do some more of the fun stuff like go shopping for baby, put together our hospital bag!, pick out the outfit baby will wear home, buy a scrap book... etc. So I think the 3rd trimester, in a lot of ways (not so much the hip-hurting, not-sleeping ways ) is the most fun!
Well, that's the way to be positive!!! I guess for me, I don't like drawing alot of attention and when your belly is sticking out... your drawing attention! Also, I get frustrated when i can't do things I want to do- when everything is difficult to do. I do like the feeling baby move part!!! I am trying to be thankful that I can still sleep! I know in a few months it will be alot more difficult with summer setting in and being so big and uncomfortable.. time just seems to go SO slow when I'm not real busy
jensma likes this.
__________________
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him. Psalm 127:3



Reply With Quote
  #6  
April 5th, 2013, 07:45 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,741
I hear ya. I am starting to look obviously pregnant and am starting to worry just a bit that someone will make a rude comment when I'm toting the 5 other kids around the grocery store. It has NEVER happened to me yet but I dread the thought. On the other hand, I'm happy to look pregnant now instead of like I just have a pot gut. lol It is a long road, though. I'm not in the throes of rib aches, pelvis pops, and not being able pick up something I dropped in the car quite yet, so easy for me to still be positive for now. hehe
__________________
Mom to Titus (10), Isaiah (8), Noelle (6), Joel (4), Hannah (2), and baby due Sept 10!

[/url]

Reply With Quote
  #7  
April 5th, 2013, 08:28 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,928
i'm still holding on to 10lb from my last pregnancy so i'm hoping not to gain a ton this time. i was just thinking today i need to toss all of the easter junk and try to eat really well for the next week just to see if i can do it. i have never had gd but i hear following the gd diet is a great way to keep excess pregnancy lbs off and still get the nutrition baby needs!
__________________

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
April 5th, 2013, 08:44 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 484
For me right now my biggest gripe is my legs. They hurt, BAD. Pretty sure I have the start phlebitis already. Only going to get worse as time scoots along here. Glad I can still breathe, but I do get winded easily going up the stairs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
April 6th, 2013, 10:15 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLaurie View Post
For me right now my biggest gripe is my legs. They hurt, BAD. Pretty sure I have the start phlebitis already. Only going to get worse as time scoots along here. Glad I can still breathe, but I do get winded easily going up the stairs.
sounds painful... have you seen a dr. about that yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensma View Post
i'm still holding on to 10lb from my last pregnancy so i'm hoping not to gain a ton this time. i was just thinking today i need to toss all of the easter junk and try to eat really well for the next week just to see if i can do it. i have never had gd but i hear following the gd diet is a great way to keep excess pregnancy lbs off and still get the nutrition baby needs!
I had GD diagnosed with my youngest with only a couple of weeks left. I actually lost 7lbs on it. I did feel hungry alot though, but felt so much better. I am pretty sure I had GD with my 7 yr old too- she got stuck coming out and was 9lbs.. large shoulders are common with GD babies. That's why they induced my youngest at 39 wks. I have sugar issues when I am not preg. too. I have told my dr. that I had GD before, but they don't start testing until about 28 wks. You would think they would be proactive?? Anyway- I've already started TRYING to eat right. I know when I am not balanced. My eyesight starts to go funny.
__________________
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him. Psalm 127:3



Reply With Quote
  #10  
April 6th, 2013, 10:21 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJo29 View Post
I hear ya. I am starting to look obviously pregnant and am starting to worry just a bit that someone will make a rude comment when I'm toting the 5 other kids around the grocery store. It has NEVER happened to me yet but I dread the thought. On the other hand, I'm happy to look pregnant now instead of like I just have a pot gut. lol It is a long road, though. I'm not in the throes of rib aches, pelvis pops, and not being able pick up something I dropped in the car quite yet, so easy for me to still be positive for now. hehe
I give you mom's so much credit... Mine are so far apart that I guess in some ways it's easier. I have one out of the house, my 14 yr old dd helps alot and then there's the 7 and 4 yr olds.. they actually can be huge help too. I couldn't imagine trying to shop with a bunch of little ones. I get frustrated when I do bring them shopping.. It wasn't the way I planned it. I just had trouble getting pregnant. It is easier for you though in that you can do activities that they all enjoy as they are all on the "same page" where as, I have kids in all different directions. For the most part, my two little ones do the same thing.. as they are only 3 yrs apart.
__________________
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him. Psalm 127:3



Reply With Quote
  #11  
April 6th, 2013, 05:00 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirdeemrlvs View Post
sounds painful... have you seen a dr. about that yet?
I go in on Monday, but I already know what they will say and do about it. I don't believe I have any blood clots yet, but they might ultrasound my legs anyway. I have compression stockings, but I barely wear them, they are soooo uncomfortable. I had a blood clot after my 4th baby, in a superficial vein, which is the one that really bothers me right now. Last pregnancy I walked 2 miles everyday because I read it can prevent them and it worked. I still had phlebitis, though. I've felt so awful so far that I've only gotten on my treadmill once. I need to work on changing that ASAP.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
April 6th, 2013, 06:58 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,464
I know what you mean. I've got to get back on the treadmill too... 2 miles a day.. WOW
__________________
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him. Psalm 127:3



Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:40 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0