Feeling like Crap

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By kaylacaroline
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Its not really a physical thing, although I am tired. Its mostly emotional. I just feel so blah. I don't have the energy I want, even with taking vitamins and trying to get plenty of sleep. My house is not a complete disaster but it is approaching it quickly. I have things I need to do and things I want to do but can't seem to muster up the motivation to do it. Part of me thinks if I could just drop the kids off with the relatives for a few hours I could get a lot done but I am starting to wonder if I would just sleep or watch TV and still not feel like doing anything. Its causing some friction between DH and I. He is understanding but at the same time its hard for him to come home after working 13+ hours to a messy house and a wife who is a shell of her former self. I am super frustrated about it to because I can't seem to find a way to make myself feel better. I have tried drinking regular tea with caffeine but that is doing nothing. I can't drink soda or coffee cuz it does not agree with my stomach. Yesterday I bought some salami and am hoping that the meat and fat content will help give me a boost...does anyone else feel this way? Any suggestions on how to snap out of it? I appreciate any ideas!!

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
April 5th, 2013, 08:59 AM
kaylacaroline's Avatar Veteran
One word, EXERCISE!!

Seriously, go for a long walk with some music, or go on a bike ride. Every time I feel myself slipping into a slum like that, I get up and start moving. Honestly, it give you the boost caffeine doesn't. You will instantly feel more productive.

Now, if that doesn't work, maybe there is another issue. It could be slight depression if you have history of it.
Keakie and littlecatlady like this.

April 5th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree, getting up and getting some exercise and fresh air could help out a lot.

Also, routine, routine, routine. If you stick to routine, it will help make you feel more in control. It doesn't have to be anything strict but just something to keep you on track daily. (And FWIW, I am not one to talk. I can't stick to ANYTHING right now.)

April 5th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't really go out for a walk-its raining and I have 4 kids 5 and under and we don't have a fenced in yard-but I do have a treadmill so I tried that with some music. I feel a bit better. Hoping that the walking coupled with the fact its my DD b-day will help me get stuff done today!! Thanks for the tip-it definitely made me feel less blah!

April 5th, 2013, 01:46 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe try organizing something you didn't really feel like doing... baby clothes... baby's room. try doing a little bit of shopping. If you need some time alone, do it! How about a pedicure? Massage? Hair cut? Lunch out with a girlfriend?
Keakie likes this.

April 5th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I'm another one who finds moving around (and getting outside, especially - I know you mentioned that's problematic for you right now but seriously, a little sunshine can make me feel SO much better - if there's a park or anything nearby and the weather isn't too terrible, I would take the kids over for a little while). I really like the hair/shopping/having nails done ideas too.

I hope you feel better soon, anyway. It stinks to be emotionally out of it.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my fabulous siggie!
April 8th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Feel a bit better after the weekend. Got to go do some shopping-mostly food but it was nice to get out alone and get something done. DH was so great and didn't text me at all wondering why I was gone so long! He even did dishes, made his own lunch for work the next day and did a few other things for me while I was gone. We had a great dinner and for the first time in a few weeks I am not feeling totally down today, even though its Monday. I think that taking some time every day to walk and listen to music-even if it is just on my treadmill will do a lot to help me feel more human. I also think DH and I need a real date night-one that does not involve shopping

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search