UPDATE IN POST 1 - NEED OPINION Today's excitement -- emergency visit to the dr

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Super Mommy
**** update: dr called today and said my urine came back a tiny bit strep b positive And if I wasn't pregnant he wouldn't have even called. Since I haven't had a clean urine test in 4 tries he wants to do a catherarized urine grab and test that just to be 1000% sure. He said he doesn't think i have a UTI but wants to be sure where the strep B is coming from. is it a contaminate or is it in my urine. Ugg- not sure what to do. seems like it will be pretty uncomfortable and i need to take off more work.

my mom suggested I offer up one more try for a clean catch urine and use like 10 sanitixing wipes beforehand and drink a gallon of water before so I have a super full bladder.

what do you think?

__________________________________________________ ____________

so.... i posted yesterday about my braxton hicks...
they continued this morning and then turned into low contractions with lots of pressure.

I called my dr, which is so not my thing. I am the most laid back non alarmist person. I just figured my husband would kill me if I didn't get the reaaurance from my dr that i really was fine.

The nurse told the dr what was going on and he wanted me in faster that I could say when.

So i rushed out of work and ran over there.

He did ultrasound and measured and checked my cervix. he said everything from that end looks fine. Since i was induced late with my other 2 I shouldn't need to worry about premature labor, since its clear by body doesn't know how to do it in its own Said the braxton hicks are normal earlier with subsequent pregnancies and I should be prepared to a crampy rest of my pregnancy.

The pressure still bothered him, so he suggested a possible UTI and sent my urine out to the lab for testing.

so, at least i don't need to worry about my baby.

Last edited by stacyag; April 9th, 2013 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Update in post 1
April 5th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow glad that the cervix seems normal and they aren't worried about premature labor. Hopefully UTI test comes back negeative as well and these were just random cramps that go away. That's great that your doctors' office takes care of you like that with the quick ultrasound!

April 5th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad your cervix looks good and that it sounds like you're just having a irritable uterus, rather than any pre-term labor.

April 5th, 2013, 12:46 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
yep i have a friend who had an irritable uterus with her 3rd baby and took meds to control her contrax from like 20something weeks on. he was born just fine and full baked!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 5th, 2013, 01:31 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Glad all was ok! Pretty awesome they got you in so fast too! I think its good to check with the doc just in case

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
April 5th, 2013, 01:34 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
so glad you're ok, that's kinda scary...love a doctor who jumps right on it though vs having you wait until Monday. Hope it's not a UTI or anything causing the pressure, KUP on what you find out.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 5th, 2013, 01:40 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sorry your uncomfortable, but glad everything is okay!!

April 5th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks girls! My dr office is good like that.
I'm still having lots of pressure. I am kinda hoping it is a UTI so I can take meds and get better. Dealing with this for the next 6 months will blow!

My hubby is making me rest now

Won't know anything else unless I get a call Monday about my labs. They told me no call means all is fine.
April 5th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know much about anything, I've never had contractions or anything, but I am glad your doctor checked you out, and that baby is healthy.

April 5th, 2013, 02:47 PM
321abc
Glad it wasn't anything serious. They didnt test your urine with strips at the doctors office? They could have started you on antibiotics and then switched them if they weren't the right kind after your urine culture
April 5th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Oh geeze, that would be kind of scary! I'm glad all seems to be well with baby and your cervix though. I hope it's a UTI and can be cleared up for you!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
April 5th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Super Mommy
Im glad everything is fine with baby but hope you start feeling better soon. I had tons and tons of braxton hicks about 6 weeks ago over two days and I was nervous too that they were going to come everyday like that but then they just stopped and I havent had one since!

*Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!*
06/12 11/12

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 5th, 2013, 07:50 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you're OK!

Strange comment of the day: Could you be constipated? Sometimes when I am the crampy pressure seems very period-achy or uterine-related but after I go (eventually) that goes away. Just a thought.

[/url]

April 6th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJo29 View Post
Glad you're OK!

Strange comment of the day: Could you be constipated? Sometimes when I am the crampy pressure seems very period-achy or uterine-related but after I go (eventually) that goes away. Just a thought.
I'm pretty regular
April 9th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Super Mommy
bump
April 9th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Idk...I know taking off work so much is a pain and we all hope for little complications while we juggle a job with pregnancy. BUT I feel that you should go ahead with your Dr's advice for the catheterized urine test just for peace of mind. Did he say how long it will take and do you actually have to take a day off? Good luck!

April 9th, 2013, 07:22 AM
321abc
My BH turned into actual contractions and my doctor put me on bed rest for a few days until they eased up. I have a low lying placenta though so maybe that's why my case is different than yours
April 9th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitha View Post
Idk...I know taking off work so much is a pain and we all hope for little complications while we juggle a job with pregnancy. BUT I feel that you should go ahead with your Dr's advice for the catheterized urine test just for peace of mind. Did he say how long it will take and do you actually have to take a day off? Good luck!

he said to ask the staff to double book me and squeeze me in. The actual procedure he says lasts 10 seconds...so it would be 10 minute sint he exam room however....i've been there when I haven't had to wait and also when I have had to wait to an hour.
April 9th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had GBS in my urine with my last pregnancy too - they just put me on antibiotics for a week to ten days or so. That was it - then a follow up urine test to make sure it was gone. GL hon!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search