I had my amniocentesis done

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By beckiethedoula
  • 1 Post By mommy2lilmen
  • 4 Post By mommy2lilmen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 08:23 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With much thinking, research and consideration I went for the amnio. I was scared like heck when I went in. I had to wait over an hour from my appointment time, which gave me time to relax. Once I was being walked into a room to go over paper work and sign my life away, I started to get scared. They asked why, like really, why? I got in the room they done a quick ultrasound to look for pocket of fluid and then prepped me, and had to redo it cus they forgot lol Anyways, the amnio lady pushed on my stomach asking if I felt it, I did, then said ok the needle is going in. I felt pressure nothing else until the needle was coming out. Im still tender there but that's ok. I have my Doppler to check on baby. I asked for a picture and was told they don't do them for amnios but the lady did it anyways. Was so nice of her. I should get the results between Monday and Wednesday coming and full results by April 15-17th.
Some thoughts for the baby will be great Here is a picture of my little one. Someone on facebook said they think that's the nub there, really?? Said girly nub.

4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

April 5th, 2013, 08:43 PM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a sweet face! I'm glad the tech was so kind and I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and that darling baby!

PS I think that is umbilical cord, not nub... at 17 weeks there shouldn't be a nub anymore. Just a penis or a vagina!
jensma and TaraJo29 like this.

April 5th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckiethedoula View Post
What a sweet face! I'm glad the tech was so kind and I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and that darling baby!

PS I think that is umbilical cord, not nub... at 17 weeks there shouldn't be a nub anymore. Just a penis or a vagina!
That's what I said to the lady. But she was convinced other wise. I thought nubs stop around 14 weeks?
beckiethedoula likes this.

Alyssa Marie Jade

April 5th, 2013, 09:11 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
yeah well your nub weeks ago looked girly to me, i'd say cord as well in this pic. seems to high to be a nub anyway. that baby does look beautiful. and did they mention anything about the nasal bone in the ultrasounds? I just feel like i have looked at a zillion pics and can't ever tell i thought that was a pretty obvious indicator with downs too.

thinking happy thoughts for you and your baby. i know you're anxious for the results.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 5th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensma View Post
yeah well your nub weeks ago looked girly to me, i'd say cord as well in this pic. seems to high to be a nub anyway. that baby does look beautiful. and did they mention anything about the nasal bone in the ultrasounds? I just feel like i have looked at a zillion pics and can't ever tell i thought that was a pretty obvious indicator with downs too.

thinking happy thoughts for you and your baby. i know you're anxious for the results.
They did not mention about the nasal bone this time, just so what were you told about your results, I said and they said so sad so sad. I had 3 women in the room. To me there is nothing sad about downs, the baby is human just like us. I guess not everyone wants that for their life. I don't know. I think girl to but feel boy I think cus I have boys LOLI did read online a lot of down syndrome babies have nasal bones, so with that said I guess it can be an indicator and it cant.

Alyssa Marie Jade

April 5th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I thought the nasal bone was a soft indicated, and also the thumb knuckles too.

I had a intensive work up with Scarlett and she was face planted in her placenta so well that even rolling me over on my stomach and putting the wand on my back they could not get the nasal bone shot. I had to go back two weeks later.

April 5th, 2013, 11:40 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Such a sweet little profile!

April 6th, 2013, 05:53 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great profile pic! I agree, the nub is too high - that's a glimpse of the cord. But here's hoping for your girl!

[/url]

April 6th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Aw, what a great shot! Sending lots of happy thoughts to you and baby!

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
April 6th, 2013, 07:43 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
you really do have such an amazing attitude about this whole situation. You are exactly right, downs would present its challenges but lots of things can, and this baby is a baby just like any of your others and you will love it just the same.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 6th, 2013, 09:03 AM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
i hope the results come out perfect <3

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
April 6th, 2013, 10:08 AM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Beautiful picture! So happy they gave you one Thoughts for you and the baby!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
April 6th, 2013, 06:41 PM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
Sending positive thoughts your way! Love the pic...so glad they did that for you!
April 6th, 2013, 09:03 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
I just love the profile pic, ADORABLE!! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.
April 7th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
I thought the nasal bone was a soft indicated, and also the thumb knuckles too.

I had a intensive work up with Scarlett and she was face planted in her placenta so well that even rolling me over on my stomach and putting the wand on my back they could not get the nasal bone shot. I had to go back two weeks later.
nasal bone is a soft marker, not a definite indicator if its missing or shortened. I was doing reading after this post and take back my concern over the nasal bone as there are some DS babies with nasal bones,shortened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensma View Post
you really do have such an amazing attitude about this whole situation. You are exactly right, downs would present its challenges but lots of things can, and this baby is a baby just like any of your others and you will love it just the same.
The people who comment to me in my real life world, tends to think a baby with challenges poses danger to the families well being. Well I took care of my brother and altho he looked normal he was not. He had high needs, autism, suffered from a lot fo things. He had a heart transplant, spleen removale 1 kidney, pace maker, G tube, tons of medication, blood pressure problems, seizures... the list goes on, its funny cus the same family member who is telling me from the beginning to terminate is the one that told me I would be unable to care for our brother after our dad died. Well I took care of my brother until his life fell short. I am also caring for 7 kids, one of them is autistic. Yes challenges. I think I can handle this. Some may not feel its right and may feel I deserve a break and to have normal. But in reality, what is normal, the mom in the kitchen baking cookies and pies with white picket fence kids running to greet daddy at the door and in bed befor sun down never saying a peep or disobeying LOL yeah I think a positive attitude is the only way to go abouts, cus if I allow this to take me down, who will look after the family RIGHT now ? hugs xo

Alyssa Marie Jade

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search