Espresso, thou art a heartless.....

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 09:03 PM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
b*!ch....

I haven't been able to drink caffeine for over a year. I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder caused by adrenal exhaustion. Caffeine triggers really cool horrible anxiety attacks.... but....

I managed coffee shops for around 5 years. I LOVE coffee. So now I just order the occasional decaf latte to fill that delicious craving.

One of my darling friend manages my favorite coffee shop and he was coming up for a visit today. He brought me my usual iced latte. It tasted a little different and when I asked he said the new girl had made it for him... so I chalked it up to inexperience. Yeeeeaaaahhhhh.....

About 10 minutes after I finished drinking it my hands started to shake and I was getting dizzy and nauseated. It dawned on me to ask if he'd remembered to tell her decaf.... he hadn't....

I have spent most of this afternoon as a giant train wreck. Between the headache, the shakes, the nausea, the heart palpitations, the sudden deep seeded feeling that the whole world is about to explode, and 3 kids to look after, my day has been less than stellar.

I am now drinking a glass of wine. I'm already feeling better.

I have an rx for xanax, but it's class C for pregnancy so I do everything in my power to avoid taking it and so far I haven't had to since I found out I was pregnant.

That is my rant and complaint for today. Thank goodness for wine.

The end.

April 5th, 2013, 09:07 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
oh yikes. hope your nerves calm down and you can get some sleep.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 5th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Oh wow... I hope you recover quickly.

April 6th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Oh, gosh! I can only imagine how much that threw you off. I hope the wine helped and you got some rest last night.

It isn't a chronic thing for me, but I had to cut out coffee a couple of years ago when I was working at really stressful job because I kept having anxiety episodes. The shaky, want-to-jump-out-of-your-own-skin feeling was awful.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
April 6th, 2013, 10:16 AM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Oh man that sounds rough! I LOVE coffee, but haven't had any since December. I can't wait to have it again.

Hope you are feeling better today!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search