Weight gain/loss?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Badass
I'm not sure really what is normal by this point as the internet just keeps giving me varying opinions so I thought I'd ask you lovely ladies what you consider normal weight gain?

I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks, but when I was 15 weeks I was still a kg (2.2 pounds) lighter then my first weigh in :/ So I went from 66kgs (145 pounds) to 65 (143 pounds) since getting pregnant.

I just expected to put on weight by now (although I'm not complaining of course) seeing as my belly is starting to get noticeable now!
April 6th, 2013, 04:26 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It can be normal as long as you are eating and your uterus is measuring on track. I am 18.5 weeks and have only gained one pound. My dr says my uterus is measuring right on so it's not a concern. I didn't start gaining weight until 19 weeks with Taylee, but I caught up quickly and ended up gaining 35 pounds total. With Rylan I had already gained 5 pounds by now but ended up only gaining 28 total with her. Every pregnancy is different.

April 6th, 2013, 04:45 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
I think you're doing fine. The weight will come! I've gained about 15 so far, but I started out underweight and this is totally normal for me. I have MS where you have to eat like crazy or you'll puke like crazy. With my first pregnancy I hadn't gained much by 20 weeks and then started gaining a pound a week after that.
April 6th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every pregnancy is different - With my first, at 20 weeks I weighed less than before I got pregnant - I gained it back and then some later. With this one, I was 10lbs up about a month ago, and at the last visit a few days ago, I was down 2lbs, so my net gain is 8lbs so far.

Don't worry - the weight will come soon!
April 6th, 2013, 06:10 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
there is no 'normal' necessarily. it will vary a lot by your size before you got pregnant as well as how your body reacts to pregnancy and everyone is different. some will lose weight while pregnant, others gain a lot. i have always fallen into the 'average' category of 25-35lb but i gain very little/nothing in first tri, most of it in the 2nd, and then a few more in the third...just how my body works. try not to worry. as long as you're not losing a lot or gaining a lot at once it shouldn't be a concern.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 6th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Badass
Thanks guys My partner just keeps calling me paranoid but I really do worry about everything!

I've gone through my bad MS stage of needing to eat 24/7 or else I would be mid conversation with someone and start gagging un-controllably! But within the past month I've noticed my eyes have become larger then my appetite as I cannot finish most meals now which is looking nicer on my bank statement (less take-out too) which helps.

Now I just have to work on getting over an annoying cold that my partner unfortunately gave to me haha, I hate the change of season!
April 6th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Badass
Thanks guys My partner just keeps calling me paranoid but I really do worry about everything!

I've gone through my bad MS stage of needing to eat 24/7 or else I would be mid conversation with someone and start gagging un-controllably! But within the past month I've noticed my eyes have become larger then my appetite as I cannot finish most meals now which is looking nicer on my bank statement (less take-out too) which helps.

Now I just have to work on getting over an annoying cold that my partner unfortunately gave to me haha, I hate the change of season!
April 6th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first pregnancy I was 9 lbs. down right now, and I did NOT have morning sickness. I lost 12 lbs in the first trimester, gained them back in the second tri, and then gained 12 more in the third.

This time I am still exactly where I started.

April 6th, 2013, 07:53 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I am not sure if I have gained any. I started off overweight, so I may not gain much, just balance out. One of my friends is also plus size and she didn't gain much of anything, and her doctor said it was ok.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
April 6th, 2013, 09:35 PM
321abc
I think it depends on the individual.
If you started out overweight the doc may want you to lose weight. Or if you're like me I started out 5-10lbs underweight and didnt start gaining quickly so my doc had me drink ensure. I'm up 6 lbs and hovering at my ideal weight while not pregnant. And in 19 wks.

Last edited by 321abc; April 6th, 2013 at 09:37 PM.
April 7th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Veteran
I am still 3 pounds under my pre pregnancy weight. I lost 8 pounds, but i guess I've gained 5 back.
DS ~ October 2007
April 8th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've gained 13, and im getting exercise everyday, so I dont know, I'm just letting my body do It's thing, im just happy I have a happy baby!

April 8th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Veteran
I'm still down 6 from pre-pregnancy. I'm still fighting with ms, too. My husband worries that I haven't started gaining weight yet, but I started out overweight, so I'm not very concerned about it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search