Hip pain?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2013, 09:19 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
This afternoon I started having some pain on my left side... pain started on my left side where my leg starts. I thought it was a ligament pain or something, but now it feels like my hip.

When I sit for a while its ok.. but when I start walking around it starts hurting pretty bad.

Anyone dealt with this? Or you think I just pulled something? I don't want to call the doc over something silly.

I checked baby with the doppler today and she was ok. I am so paranoid all the time.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
April 7th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I have pain in those areas, but for me it usually kicks in while I'm laying on my side/sleeping (it will start to hurt on the side I'm lying on, and I'll have to roll over and switch to keep sleeping - I go back and forth a handful of times all night).

I have had some aching between my uterus and my hip bones, and THAT pain goes away when I just sit still but feels a little worse when I walk. I would try not to worry since it's likely that it is just muscles and your pelvis stretching and moving around, but if it would help to reassure you I don't think a call to the doctor would hurt.

I hope you feel better!

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
April 7th, 2013, 02:31 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
I've had this with some of my pregnancies. For me it felt like my entire hip could just go out at any moment. I think it's just things pulling and stretching as you grow.
April 7th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm dealing with a similar sort of pain now. When I'm a little too active, my leg (usually the left side) feels like it's going to pop out of the socket. Sometimes at night I notice a different sort of hip pain - feels more like crushing...I'm going to talk to my doctor about all of this and the back pain I'm having during my next visit, but am not terribly concerned because I remember this happening during the last trimesters of my previous pregnancies.

Whatever is going on with you, I hope you feel better soon.
April 7th, 2013, 03:47 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Thanks guys! I am sure its something normal in pregnancy.. it is better today thank goodness. Last night it was pretty painful, hurt to walk. May have pulled something.. who knows!

I was born with a dislocated hip. I had to wear a brace for a while into it fully formed. Over the years when the weather changes, or I am too active it will hurt a little. I was hoping it wasn't something that was going to start acting up all the time because of baby growth.

Fingers crossed it doesn't act up again!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search