Pregnancy glow, anyone?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By AmbzAsh
  • 2 Post By L-SBB
  • 2 Post By Babybear4
  • 1 Post By mommy2lilmen
  • 1 Post By Kai452

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2013, 11:32 AM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
Are any of you experiencing this so-called "pregnancy glow" yet? Because I sure am NOT! Haha, I am starting to think that it is a myth....or maybe I'm just not meant to have it

Every morning I wake up and I have a new facial pimple. Anyone else experiencing this? Any tips?

I already make sure to take my make-up off every night and use a daily facial cleanser with no perfumes. I'm very picky about what I put on my face anyway just because of sensitive skin issues.
iCathy likes this.
April 8th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only time anyone says I have the glow is when I have a few minutes extra to spend on my makeup! Little do they know what's underneath there (zits and large pores)!

I'm containing all of this by using cleanser and a toner every day, mask 3 times a week, then of course good concealer and foundation.
April 8th, 2013, 12:07 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
if by glow you mean I look flushed like I've had a night out drinking or ran a quick dash, then yes I have it

My skin has been awful this pregnancy too - I've just tried to keep cleansing & using my usual skin care routine, but nothing seems to be helping.
iCathy and Alpha_allie1010 like this.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 8th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If by pregnancy glow, you mean reddened cheeks and acne like a 13 year old then yep, I've got it!

No tips here. Hormones are a b!+ch.
iCathy and Alpha_allie1010 like this.

April 8th, 2013, 12:16 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
nope!
I feel I look awful. Dry red face, pimples dry hair and more! sucks
iCathy likes this.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

April 8th, 2013, 12:17 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The further I get from the first trimester the better my skin is becoming. Maybe the glow is just around the corner?

April 8th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Veteran
It's a myth. Like unicorns and husbands who say things like "of course I'd love to have brunch with your mother!". Lol.

My skin has decided it doesn't like make-up at all. I kind of glow if I have time to properly apply my make-up, but since my skin will then immediately break out, I've taken it as an excuse not to wear it at all most days.
Alpha_allie1010 likes this.
Veteran
It's a myth. Like unicorns and husbands who say things like "of course I'd love to have brunch with your mother!". Lol.

My skin has decided it doesn't like make-up at all. I kind of glow if I have time to properly apply my make-up, but since my skin will then immediately break out, I've taken it as an excuse not to wear it at all most days.
I keep hoping that it will get better but so far I've had no luck.

My pimples come in little clusters....right on my cheeks. Right now, I have about 6 or 7 on my right cheek and I have two that just popped up this morning on my left cheek.

Darn hormones!
April 8th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think the glow comes till closer to the end...I am curious though, those of you ladies feeling like you look like a teen again-boy or girl?? I am getting close to the halfway point and the break-outs are less frequent but my hair is just bleh.

* Thank you Kiliki for my adorable siggy!*
April 8th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Yep, same here....my hair is very "blah" as well. Lifeless and dry :-/
April 8th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's funny you mention this, because I had a friend tell me I am glowing on a Facebook picture, and honestly I was just sweating, I didn't say that though. lmbo but my skin is great, honestly my skin looks better than ever, I haven't broke out at all, the only problem I am having is dry skin!

April 8th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am having some luck here. I have been told a couple times now that I have the glow but only when I have some light make up on, otherwise its just an oily sheen. Also I got my first little pimple this pregnancy a couple days back...but its staying pretty inconspicuous and small right now...so I am not freaking out yet.

April 8th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
No glow here. Just a lot of alternating between my skin being too dry and too oily, and dealing with little break outs in between. It's better than it was, but it's still not great.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
April 8th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Veteran
hahaha! yeah right! Between the weight I lost (that I didn't really have to lose in the first place), my inability to eat anything, inability to sleep well, and my total lack of any energy whatsoever, I look sickly. I am definitely NOT glowing.
DS ~ October 2007
April 8th, 2013, 01:32 PM
MandersM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
It's a myth. Like unicorns and husbands who say things like "of course I'd love to have brunch with your mother!".
^^ I this!!

No glow here...unless you mean like rudolph!! My nose is shiny & red from this stupid cold. My face is broken out like I just started puberty...and my chest, neck & back too! And those big fat nasty inside pimples that you can't pop, take weeks to go away & are sore as fack!

I'm hoping it's mostly the weather too! And when I can get outside in the sun & fresh air that will help bring on this mythical "glow"!
2nd GP Appt: 02/20 - wasn't able to pick up a heartbeat
3rd GP Appt: 02-21 - due to spotting, still no hb
1st U/S: 02/25 - 10wk u/s due to spotting > saw the hb and our little blob!!
NPT U/S: 03/15 - got a wave from our LO!! And all looks well. We went public!!
3rd GP Appt: 03/22 - heard the hb...157!
1st OB Appt: 04/22 - LOVE my OB. She doesn't rush, as is pretty knowledgable about crohn's and pregnancy. hb = 159!
20wk u/s: 05/06 - Loved seeing our little babe again! Tech was very tight lipped though, and no medical info was given. And we're holding off on the gender until the reveal party!!
Reveal Party: 05/18 - IT'S A GIRL!!!!
OB Appt: 05/22 -

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 8th, 2013, 09:20 PM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are all having girls!! LOL Seriously, my skin is red, and bumpy and horrible and It's a girl!! I know it's just an old wives tale, but man, I cannot wait for it to go away!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 8th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
No glow here!!! so fr this time the acne hasn't been as bad as others, but i really do feel like I look like a worn out mom expecting #5. But that might be becasue I am. I swear i am tired all the time and have been sick so much the last 2 months it's not even funny, so I guess it makes sense that I look dull instead of glowing.
April 9th, 2013, 07:24 AM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Haha.. glow? No. My face goes from bad to a little better to bad again.

I have certain spots that will break it, it finally gets better, then it starts all over again.

I have been trying to drink more water. . I really think that helps! And my hair.. eh. Its the same. I have just been too lazy to fix it. So its wrapped up in a wad on top of my head most days. Not even a cute bun

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
April 9th, 2013, 08:14 AM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have alligator face. If I don't scrub it and slather it with Eucerin cream after every shower I could join the circus as the Dinosaur Woman.

Also- This happened with my last pg too... and she's a girl. Makes me wonder....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search