Monday moans?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok ladies...lets hear 'em....

I am so discouraged about my cloth diaper search right now. I just can't believe all the nasty people out there these days...geez...and don't even get me started on DiapperSwappers. I am seriously considering a taking a Facebook break for awhile!

My energy lever is now minus 2 again. I think it is the weather....I need sunshine in my life!

and lastly and most annoying....our dog! I know he is just reacting to me being pregnant but he is driving me nutso! He has peed in the house at least 2x a day now. Thankfully we no longer have carpet but we do have rugs. I have been trying to leave him outside more (it is warm here just overcast) and he just barks 24/7 which also makes me crazy.

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
April 8th, 2013, 04:35 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh! Pets! I know for cats.. when they pee on the rug it's usually a UTI.. try making sure your dog gets plenty of fresh water and you can even water down his food a little..

April 8th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I definitely hear you on the weather thing - we're finally getting some sunshine and warm temperatures this week, but before that it was extra draining when it was cold/cloudy/rainy outside. I hope the sunshine comes back soon! You already know how I feel about DiaperSwappers.

No major moans over here, really - dealing with some work frustration for dh, but we're in the process of rectifying it so hopefully things clear up soon. Other than that, I had a surprisingly productive day and it was stinkin' gorgeous outside, so I'm feeling alright.

I'm still feeling very intermittent movement and it's really freaking me out. I feel like I'm continuing to get bigger day by day and I'll take that as a positive, but I really wish I were feeling more obvious movement. We go for our next appointment tomorrow, so hopefully getting to listen to the baby and talk to the midwife will ease my mind.

My only other complaint is that I'm still pretty beholden to pregnancy hormones. I'm irrationally annoyed about something video game-related (yeah, really) so I'm trying to just chill out and fold some laundry for awhile.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
April 8th, 2013, 05:44 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
My major whine for now is school.. we have 9 weeks of school left. The closer it gets to the end.. the crazier they get. Trying to do my lesson today it was like pulling teeth. I teach art to 6th, 7th and 8th and they act like they are 5 years old most of the time.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
April 8th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I met with some amazing midwives today and LOVED them and everything they had to say regarding homebirth, however, it would cost us $4000 upfront and then we would possibly be reimbursed after the birth by insurance and even then, it would likely only cover 70%. I want to go this route SO badly but I don't know how I can justify the cost when it would literally cost us less than a 1/4 of that for a hospital birth with an OB or CNM in an OB's office.

I am just frustrated. I don't want to be forced into a decision because of money. I don't WANT to go the OB route, where I rotate through 6 different practitioners and nobody in the office knows me or cares who I am. Where every visit, I have the answer the same questions, get 5 minutes with the OB or CNM after waiting 30-45 minutes to even see them and then get a handshake and a "See ya in a month!"

April 8th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
That's so frustrating, Shelley. Maybe our insurance just sucks, because our end costs won't be much different from the birth center (or what most home birth midwives ask for) once all of the costs are put together for what I'd need to pay for a hospital birth. Would they be willing to do any kind of a payment plan or not really?

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
April 8th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our insurance covers a birth center birth with a MW the same as a hospital birth BUT if I want a VBAC (still undecided) the birthing center won't take me (they say it is a liability issue) but their midwives will come and do a home birth but their is ZERO coverage for a home birth with my ins. I never wanted a home birth but I had def thought about a vbac in a birth center till I found out it wasn't possible but luckily I am happy with my OB and he is very pro VBAC (esp since he did my c section) and is 100% supportive.

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
April 8th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
That's so frustrating, Shelley. Maybe our insurance just sucks, because our end costs won't be much different from the birth center (or what most home birth midwives ask for) once all of the costs are put together for what I'd need to pay for a hospital birth. Would they be willing to do any kind of a payment plan or not really?
They would accept 3 payments, $800 at our first appointment, $800 at 28 weeks and the remaining balance by 36 weeks. We just don't have that kind of money and DH isn't willing to look into borrowing or anything. He is basically just over it, he doesn't care to try to work it out financially since it would be so much cheaper for us to just go the hospital route. Even if it's reimbursed at 100% (which I am waiting to hear from my insurance to find out), we would still have to put out the $4k upfront and then wait for reimbursement, which from what I am reading, can be really tough.

April 8th, 2013, 07:37 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
Shelley, that sucks. I'm sorry

I don't have anything big to whine about really. My neighbor flaked out of babysitting for me last minute... AGAIN... and then asked me to babysit HER kids later in the day... but what else is new?

I'm starting to think that I let people use me a little bit. How in the hell did that happen? I need to learn to say no.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

April 8th, 2013, 09:09 PM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the hiccups and they won't go away! And my mom leaves tomorrow to go back to Washington State, so that makes me sad BUT I am still so over the moon about our baby girl!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search