Sciatica, etc...

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2013, 10:10 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't know what I did, but yesterday evening I could barely walk. I knew almost instantly it was sciatica pain. I did a quick google search and yep... found out there's some exercises you can do.. laying on your back and putting your knees side to side.. is that safe? I don't feel much out of breath or anything. I am also icing my back alot. Feeling a little better today. I really want to use icyhot, but there is mixed comments if I google how safe it is.

I have also been SO hungry the past couple of days... healthy snacks... EAT healthy snacks!! Gotta keep telling myself.. :-)

I think I will break down and have some teriyaki tonight though. My DS texted me his dinner last night and now I'm craving Gyoza.. he said he did it because I craved gyoza with him (when I was pregnant). Thanks son.. LOL.. NOW I've got to have yakisoba and gyoza :-)

Last edited by mirdeemrlvs; April 11th, 2013 at 11:48 AM.
April 11th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Does anyone ever get sciatica pain?? How do you deal with it? What about hunger? Anyone have a huge appetite? It seems like mine kind of comes and goes. All day today.. I eat and still feel hungry. I am trying to eat protein too.

April 11th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There are people here with sciatica but I can't remember who they are - I'm one of them! It comes and goes, sometimes going from back to butt, then sometimes running all the way down to my knee! As far as what to do about it, I'm going to talk to my doctor on the 17th to find out. The stretches that you describe sound safe to do now, but I'm thinking that it may stimulate round ligament pain. Have you tried a warm bath or heating pad?

My appetite comes and goes - some days I forget to eat, then others I'm absolutely ravenous! I'm figuring that this all will balance out somehow, so I'm just going with the flow.
April 11th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly Lama View Post
There are people here with sciatica but I can't remember who they are - I'm one of them! It comes and goes, sometimes going from back to butt, then sometimes running all the way down to my knee! As far as what to do about it, I'm going to talk to my doctor on the 17th to find out. The stretches that you describe sound safe to do now, but I'm thinking that it may stimulate round ligament pain. Have you tried a warm bath or heating pad?

My appetite comes and goes - some days I forget to eat, then others I'm absolutely ravenous! I'm figuring that this all will balance out somehow, so I'm just going with the flow.
Thanks.. I remember someone saying their dr. told them not to do exercises on their back. I feel fine to do it now. I tried the heating pad and it didn't help. Ice doesn't feel as good, but it works. I feel great today. I woke up feeling a little sore, but put ice on it for about 45 min and felt fine the rest of the day. The way it felt was just like the definition of sciatic pain.

Ugh.. I don't know how you can forget to eat, lol... still going having trouble getting full!

April 11th, 2013, 08:39 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I have sciatica and have since the beginning since I had it before pregnancy. I told the doctor and they said stretches, but if it gets worse I might try physical therapy.
I get it on my left side a lot and at night if it's bad I'll sleep on my right side to help a little.
Stretching, but don't when the pain is bad.
Exercise, but not too much - I tried zumba at home and ended up on the floor and DH had to carry me to the sofa!
Really just moderate walking helps!
As far as appetite..I have no idea because I eat everything in sight when I'm sick
April 11th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Super Mommy
I have sciatica It sucks.... to be honest, I have done nothing about it and luckily so far it hasnt gotten worse, but Im going to be going to get a massage and see if that helps. I have heard that and also the chiropractor are good steps to take.

*Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!*
06/12 11/12

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search