Interesting theory! Early gender detection

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By ValyntineG
  • 1 Post By jensma
  • 1 Post By jensma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 06:58 PM
321abc
I'm not sure how reliable this is but I came upon it on Pinterest.
Gender according to placental placement. Was it right for you ladies??
http://thestir.cafemom.com/pregnancy...he_Sex_of_Your
This time it was right for me, I have to look back at Sono's of my boy to see
April 19th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I'm not sure I'm understanding it entirely - my right/left or right/left on the U/S picture? And only at the first U/S or the placement at the mid-pregnancy U/S accurate too?

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
April 19th, 2013, 07:27 PM
321abc
Where your placenta is in you. So if its on the right in the ultrasound (if its abdominal)than its on the left inside you.
Usually by mid pregnant the placenta has moved towards the middle (I think)

The placenta isn't developed at 6 weeks from what I understand. The yolk sac turns into the placenta from what i understood from my doctor so the yolk sac placement would count to I guess. I think a 10 wk ultrasound - 13 week would be the easiest to tell.
April 19th, 2013, 07:30 PM
H_Hplus1's Avatar Supermom to 6
Mine was wrong. It should have been a girl according to the theory but babies DNA came back 100% boy

Jace Allan 7 lb 3 oz, 20 1/2 "

My other beautiful children and precious baby Grandson!!
April 19th, 2013, 07:34 PM
321abc
From what I understand in this link on this ultrasound pic the small "blob" is the yolk sac which develops into the placenta. Since it is on the right in the picture it's on the left side of my body.

Mine was right for both babies but I'm sure it was just a coincidence.
Another fun fact is that my placenta is anterior this time and was posterior with my boy. I know 2 other women personally that have anterior placentas and are expecting a girl and one who has an anterior placenta who is expecting a boy.
April 19th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye10 View Post
Mine was right for both babies but I'm sure it was just a coincidence.
Another fun fact is that my placenta is anterior this time and was posterior with my boy. I know 2 other women personally that have anterior placentas and are expecting a girl and one who has anterior placenta who is expecting a boy.
I have an anterior placenta and I am having a girl!

April 19th, 2013, 09:05 PM
LauraS214's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an anterior placenta too! With both boys it was posterior. Interesting!!!

Expecting a baby GIRL on 09.19.13

April 19th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I didn't go until 10 weeks so the baby was more than a yolk sac by the time I saw it. My placenta is slightly to my right side, though, and this baby is a girl so the theory doesn't work for me assuming that's roughly the same place I implanted.

I do have an anterior placenta so there's that although I can think of at least one mama in our DDC who's expecting a definite boy and has an anterior placenta too. Interesting ideas, though!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
April 20th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It actually seems right for me, assuming the us picture is opposite real life. The yolk sack was to the left of the baby in the pic, which would be MY right, so boy, and I am having a boy.

Both kids I have had posterior placentas. Everyone I know, having kids of both sexes, all had posterior placentas.

April 20th, 2013, 11:10 AM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
Yolk sac has nothing to do with the Ramzi method.

The original study is here if you're interested in reading it:
http://hcp.obgyn.net/content/article/1760982/1878451

Two ultrasounds were done with each patient. The first was in the 6th week of pregnancy. During that ultrasound, they used color ultrasound technology to highlight chorionic blood flow in the uterus and made a gender estimate based on that. They then went back later in pregnancy and confirmed gender/placenta location via ultrasound.

In over 97% of cases, the theory was correct. Which is interesting. However, it was a very technical study so I wouldn't trust my own interpretation, or anyone else's for that matter unless that person was a doctor well acquainted with the theory itself.
Babybear4 and Keakie like this.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

April 20th, 2013, 07:22 PM
321abc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValyntineG View Post
Yolk sac has nothing to do with the Ramzi method.

The original study is here if you're interested in reading it:
http://hcp.obgyn.net/content/article/1760982/1878451

Two ultrasounds were done with each patient. The first was in the 6th week of pregnancy. During that ultrasound, they used color ultrasound technology to highlight chorionic blood flow in the uterus and made a gender estimate based on that. They then went back later in pregnancy and confirmed gender/placenta location via ultrasound.

In over 97% of cases, the theory was correct. Which is interesting. However, it was a very technical study so I wouldn't trust my own interpretation, or anyone else's for that matter unless that person was a doctor well acquainted with the theory itself.
I'm confused at how they see placental placement at 6 weeks, the placenta is still the yolk sac, that's why I said something about the yolk sac earlier.

To me this was just a fun theory, nothing to base your gender on 100%
April 20th, 2013, 09:33 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
Quote:
I'm confused at how they see placental placement at 6 weeks, the placenta is still the yolk sac, that's why I said something about the yolk sac earlier.

To me this was just a fun theory, nothing to base your gender on 100%
What? LOL.

The placenta and the yolk sac are two completely different things. They both develop separately and are not linked in any way. The placenta begins to form at implantation, but the baby receives nutrition from the yolk sac in the beginning.

Via ultrasound, Dr. Ramzi could detect where the placenta was forming at 6 weeks using color technology to map out the chorionic blood flow... like I said. If you look at Figure 21 in the study I linked for you, the yolk sac is clearly labeled near the fetus and you can see the chorionic blood flow to the left.

It's actually more than a "fun theory." Like I said, it has an astounding accuracy rate if the results are read correctly. But basing gender on yolk sac position is totally pointless since there's no scientific basis behind that whatsoever

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

April 21st, 2013, 07:09 AM
321abc
That's what I'm confused about. I swear the nurse doing my sono told me that the yolk sac turns into the placenta. Maybe she said it is like the placenta because it does provide nutrients to the fetus, correct?
April 21st, 2013, 07:38 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
yes the accuracy of the Ramzi theory is over 97%. Many/most people can't figure out how to do it correctly, there are several variables you have to know and would likely need to ask the tech to get specifically before you can be sure, but i have a friend who is REALLY good at this.
321abc likes this.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 21st, 2013, 12:12 PM
321abc
The blog article that I posted didn't go into details I'm not sure it even mentioned the name of the method. It's nice to know the background
April 21st, 2013, 03:36 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Quote:
That's what I'm confused about. I swear the nurse doing my sono told me that the yolk sac turns into the placenta. Maybe she said it is like the placenta because it does provide nutrients to the fetus, correct?
I'd bet that's what she meant
321abc likes this.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search