Baby shower, & registry..

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2013, 08:33 AM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I can't do alcohol, because most of my friends are under 21 considering im 19, so alcohol is out, but adults are more than welcome to bring there own, and mine is coed, I said whoever wants to come can come if my girls want to bring their men to feel more comfortable then that's what I want, and I might change the date but then it would be like 2 weeks after that date because the weekend after that is my maternity photoshoot. Which isn't a big deal so I might do that.

April 21st, 2013, 08:37 AM
mommyof2boys0207's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not having. Baby shower that I know of. I think I'll have a diaper party instead
DD- Savannah - June 30th, 2011
DS- Jameson - September 18th, 2013
April 21st, 2013, 10:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I doubt I'll have a baby shower this time. My aunt threw me one with both of my other kid's but since we just had a boy 2 years ago, we don't really need much more than some more sleepers.

I would love to do some type of baby celebration, though. I just don't know how it would work since we're so far away from family. Maybe I can take a trip back home in late July and we can just do a BBQ or maybe after the baby is born, we can plan a trip and do it then. IDK.

April 21st, 2013, 12:34 PM
321abc
I have started registering because my hostesses asked me to. I don't see why you couldn't start now.
With my first shower, the hostesses went with my nursery theme and I'm glad they did because at least 75% of the gifts I got, matched my nursery theme.
The only input I've had on my showers is the date. I've always let the hostesses do their thing and only put my 2 cents in when they ask. I'd love anything they picked anyway, I'm honored enough that they are taking the time and money to throw me a shower.
I had 2 with my first pregnancy because we have some family that live a few hours away.

But, if you have ideas and plans then share them with your hostesses! I'm sure they want it to be however you want it. I just choose to lay low and let them take over. It's less stressful for me and I don't hurt anyone's feelings. Lol

It's so great that you are so excited! You will cherish the memories of your shower!

Oh and another fun idea is to have a man diaper shower. I always liked
The idea of a couples shower or co Ed shower but my hostesses don't. We're all old fashioned lol

My husbands best friend is throwing a beer and diaper party. Something alon the lines of if you bring a case of diapers you drink all you want from the keg.

I'm not going but I'm sure I will be driving some guys home lol
April 21st, 2013, 03:28 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love the Luau theme!

I already have my baby registry set up on Amazon.com (it's a universal registry so I can add stuff from anywhere online!)

We will probably have two baby showers. I know my MIL wants to throw one, so I figure she can throw one for Josh's side of the family and her friends (she has a lot of close friends who love to celebrate).

We also want a coed shower for our friends and my family and of course invite his mom and step-dad to that one too. I think my friend and maybe my cousins will throw it for us but at our place since it works best that way.

I really like a cloud and raindrop theme. basically a real "shower" kind of a look. Nothing girly though! I do not want lots of pink!!! I cannot stress that enough, lol. After two girls, I want a more subtle pink and only in small doses.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 21st, 2013, 03:56 PM
Veteran
I hate babyshowers, but this is my husband's first baby and my MIL is so freaking excited. She will be throwing a baby shower. I want no part in planning or anything. I will just show up and pretend like I am enjoying myself LOL
DS ~ October 2007

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search