Stroller Dilemma

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2013, 01:02 PM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The car seat post got me thinking about this.

I'm mainly a baby wearer, but I do find during longer trips to the zoo, and other places that involve lots of walking in the outdoor heat, baby and I tend to overheat in a carrier. Especially when the babe is a little older and weighs a bit more.

So, I'm thinking I should think ahead and invest in a stroller. Now, I have an almost 2 year old who doesn't make it too long walking on her own during those big trips. I'm thinking I either need a "sit and stand" type stroller or another double stroller.... I HATE big strollers. They make me crazy. I've only ever used a little $15 umbrella stroller for Emie...

Opinions? I figure if I start shopping for something now I can find a sweet deal on one...

April 21st, 2013, 01:35 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Check out the Joovy Caboose/ultralight. It's built on a single stroller wheelbase. There are a lot of Joovy sit and stands on my Craigslist at any given time. I tried a lot of sit and stands out and it's the only one that was pleasant to push to me. If you want to get extra fancy, they sell a $70 attachment that turns it into a full double.

April 21st, 2013, 01:42 PM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I prefer jogging strollers cuz they are so much easier to push and turn. My daughter will be 3 next month but we have a double schwinn that I really like but i bet you would think it is too big. I HATE the ones where they sit in front of each other...the are a PITA to turn and move around while shopping or through a crowd etc....

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
April 21st, 2013, 03:34 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i've been looking at the joovy caboose triple sit nstand. holy cripes that thing is HUGE and apparently doesn't even fit in some vans....plus i'd have to sell like all of my other strollers or my husband would probably shoot me!! I have a 2.5yo, a 14m old and i'll have a newborn so i'm just hoping the double jogger (baby trend expedition) i have along w the carrier will suffice until my son can walk more on his own. worst case scenario we just take 2 strollers...

We have this and i know they make a double version:
http://www.amazon.com/Contours-ZL014...craft+contours

you could do something smaller like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Traveler-...ontours+tandem

or even this: http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Wrangler-...er+lightweight

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 21st, 2013, 03:34 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i've been looking at the joovy caboose triple sit nstand. holy cripes that thing is HUGE and apparently doesn't even fit in some vans....plus i'd have to sell like all of my other strollers or my husband would probably shoot me!! I have a 2.5yo, a 14m old and i'll have a newborn so i'm just hoping the double jogger (baby trend expedition) i have along w the carrier will suffice until my son can walk more on his own. worst case scenario we just take 2 strollers...

We have this and i know they make a double version:
http://www.amazon.com/Contours-ZL014...craft+contours

you could do something smaller like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Traveler-...ontours+tandem

or even this: http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Wrangler-...er+lightweight

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 21st, 2013, 05:20 PM
Veteran
When I had a toddler and an infant, I liked my sit n stand stroller. I mainly only used it for long days like going to sea world, so it was easy for my toddler to hop on and off to look at things or to get off and walk if she wanted to.
DS ~ October 2007
April 21st, 2013, 05:52 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since I have twins already, one who doesn't walk well, I'll be pulling out my kolcraft contours again! I think almost every twin momma owns it! It's really easy to push, huge basket, but it is heavy. The seats trim either way and there are adapters for an infant carseat!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
April 21st, 2013, 08:08 PM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for all the great ideas ladies!! Keep em coming!

April 21st, 2013, 09:13 PM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will say for the momma's who are going to have three....karlee like to sit in the front part of my BOB stroller...most jogglers and a pretty big triangle area that covers the front wheel...it is nice for a kid that just wants a break for a few min

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search