Red Raspberry Leaf Tea

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By felicia_alexis
  • 1 Post By Babybear4
  • 1 Post By 321abc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who has or will drink RRLT to help with preparing for labor? Here's an article I googled about the benefits. http://journeytocrunchville.wordpres...t-woman-needs/

With my second dd, my friend advised me to do squats and drink this tea, which I did, but I also took it in pill form. I really think it helped. She is the only baby that was born naturally (without induction of some sort). I am going to try it again this time as I REALLY want to have this baby without being induced. I hate pitocin and the horrible, non progressing, good for nothing contractions it brings!!!

DS- took exlax and walked until I was exhausted, dr. gave me demerol I do not recall giving them permission, other than that he was born naturally and was 6 days late.

DD1- she was induced because she was 2 weeks late already.

DD2- She was 4 days late, had my membranes stripped and went into labor on my own at 2 am. Contractions progressed wonderfully, labored on my own at home. Got to hosp. at 6:30am was already 8cm. She was born at approx. 7:05 am.

DD3- Was diagnosed with GD and she was induced 5 days early.

April 22nd, 2013, 01:19 PM
Super Mommy
My midwife recommends taking it your whole pregnancy to help with the ease of labor contractions are supposed to hurt less and not need to be induced

April 22nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I drank it at the end of both of my pregnancies. I would have 4-5 cups of it a day for the last week or two. I had very easy, very short labors but I don't know if that's because I was 4 cm dilated for at least a week before labor began with each, if it's because I walked a TON or if it's just a combo of all 3.

I will drink it again later in pregnancy, as it does give tend to give me contractions. I wouldn't want to start drinking it too soon, since I already have an irritable uterus. I will ask at my next appointment, though because if it has the potential to relax the uterus, I am all for it!
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felicia_alexis View Post
My midwife recommends taking it your whole pregnancy to help with the ease of labor contractions are supposed to hurt less and not need to be induced
I'm going to start after I get some. I haven't gotten around to picking it up at the vitamin store yet.

April 22nd, 2013, 01:50 PM
Super Mommy
I haven't either. I need to but no where near me to get it so when I go for my sono I will have to stop off and get some

April 22nd, 2013, 02:00 PM
321abc
I had a friend suggest that. She said her doctor told her about it and she drank it one night and went into labor the next day. She didn't progress though and ended up with a c section.
I've also heard to take evening primrose towards the end and insert them vaginally as well. It definitely worked for my cousin, but she was using more than she was supposed to according to her midwife. She bought them else where instead of from
The midwife and she was taking double the mg.

I wonder when it's safe to start all this. I've had some contractions and my doctor is a little concerned about preterm labor. Enough that he doesn't want me to travel.
So I bet he would want me to wait until at least 34-36 weeks
If he would go for it at all, I don't know his take on natural things
April 22nd, 2013, 02:03 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
I drink 4-5 cups a day in the third trimester. I believe it helps a lot. My last labor was induced with Pitocin and I can honestly say my labor was much easier than my Pitocin induction with my first. Actually, was the easiest time I ever had and I've done 3 natural births as well.
April 22nd, 2013, 02:04 PM
321abc
I want to avoid pitocin at all costs. Not a fan
mirdeemrlvs likes this.
April 22nd, 2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye10 View Post
I had a friend suggest that. She said her doctor told her about it and she drank it one night and went into labor the next day. She didn't progress though and ended up with a c section.
I've also heard to take evening primrose towards the end and insert them vaginally as well. It definitely worked for my cousin, but she was using more than she was supposed to according to her midwife. She bought them else where instead of from
The midwife and she was taking double the mg.

I wonder when it's safe to start all this. I've had some contractions and my doctor is a little concerned about preterm labor. Enough that he doesn't want me to travel.
So I bet he would want me to wait until at least 34-36 weeks
If he would go for it at all, I don't know his take on natural things
yes- I would be careful about doing/taking anything that brings on contrax. for you. With my history, I need it all the help I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLaurie View Post
I drink 4-5 cups a day in the third trimester. I believe it helps a lot. My last labor was induced with Pitocin and I can honestly say my labor was much easier than my Pitocin induction with my first. Actually, was the easiest time I ever had and I've done 3 natural births as well.
I wonder what was different the second time. With my 3rd dd, it was an induction, and everytime they turned the pitocin up, I would shake and my teeth would chatter horribly and the contractions would progress. I think I was going into shock even though I had an epidural. Everytime they turned the pitocin down, the contractions would slow down, but I would feel better. I REALLY hate the contractions with pitocin.

April 22nd, 2013, 04:56 PM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take RRL in capsule form because the tea made me nauseous. I don't start until 3rd trimester because it tends to give me bh's.

I also start with EPO around 40 weeks... I'll probably start earlier this time though...

April 22nd, 2013, 05:24 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirdeemrlvs View Post
I wonder what was different the second time. With my 3rd dd, it was an induction, and everytime they turned the pitocin up, I would shake and my teeth would chatter horribly and the contractions would progress. I think I was going into shock even though I had an epidural. Everytime they turned the pitocin down, the contractions would slow down, but I would feel better. I REALLY hate the contractions with pitocin.
What I think was different with my first induction was that I had a dry labor and also was my first baby. My water had been broken for over 30 hours and no labor started on it's own, which is how I ended up with Pitocin. I have to say the first time around it was an awful experience. I started drinking the tea and taking Evening Primrose Oil with my 3rd baby. Maybe this last time didn't seem so bad to me because all my other labors were 40-51 hours long. This last time was about 5 hours from start to finish with pitocin, but I also got an epidural nice and early. I think everyone reacts differently to it too. My sister-in-law was given it for slowed labor contractions and she said it didn't do a thing for her. Hard to wrap my head around that, but I guess it happens.
April 22nd, 2013, 06:27 PM
AIK112018's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I drank RRLT with DD for up to two weeks until the day she was born. I also paced up and down the stairs and did squats and kegel exercises to help with labor.

I ended up having my water break on its own without any contractions two days before her due date, and had her that night. Not sure if it was the tea that helped bring on labor or not though. I also ended up having an epidural and tore with her. Not sure if it was the medication that made the labor harder.

I didnt drink any RRLT with DS and ended up having a much easier labor with him (all natural) and never tore even though he was bigger than his sister.

So for me, the tea didnt really help, i dont think. Maybe I did it wrong? I don't think it was the tea that made my labor any difficult though.

Last edited by AIK112018; April 22nd, 2013 at 06:32 PM.
April 22nd, 2013, 07:28 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
I am going ot have ot look into this. All my labors have been induced and I would love ot have at least one not be.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search