Anybody else not have names chosen yet??

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 05:18 PM
Super Mommy
Anybody else not have names picked yet? I've got notta picked out....grrr

DH is kinda a bum on the name front..we only had 1 name conversation before DS was born and didn't agree on anything...except the name we named DS - Jacob.

I've asked him a few times and he's kind of brushed me off and just been like "I am not thinking about names yet." I am like, how can you be not thinking about names yet????? I am 22.5 weeks and we know there is a good change I'll go preterm.

I'd just like to go to the hospital with at least a few names we've discussed and both like to choose from..stupid DH! We are staying on team green untill the baby is born but a few for each sex is all I am asking for!

is anyone else in the same boat?? I feel like all you ladies know teh gender and have a name picked.
May 1st, 2013, 06:05 PM
Veteran
Not even close.
DS ~ October 2007
May 1st, 2013, 08:25 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't! I'm getting kind-of tired of calling him baby boy.

May 1st, 2013, 08:34 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a name I want for a girl but it's not decided yet. We haven't found out what we are having yet and we wait till after we know so it's only one gender to focus on in the Great Name Debate.
May 2nd, 2013, 12:46 AM
Maenfayne's Avatar Veteran
Kinda... We have a name that's been semi agreed upon but I really don't like it. Well, I like the name, but I don't like the nicknames that will come with it. Jake thinks it's a done deal. I'm still contemplating other names.

10.03.13 8lbs 11oz 21 inches
Excuse my typos, there is either a baby on my boob or sleeping in my arms

Thank you *sharon* for my adorable siggy

May 2nd, 2013, 07:12 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not even close either. I did manage to come up with a couple of names which I thought were cute, but of course my husband hated them. His suggestions completely sucked, so no name for now.
May 2nd, 2013, 07:32 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
We have a first name, but are still debating between a few middle names. We like them all, but can't decide which one we like the best (and also trying to decide if we want to deal with the snide remarks that will probably come from one specific person in our lives if we use one of them).

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
May 2nd, 2013, 07:36 AM
Super Mommy
we have NOTHING! nothign for a boy and nothing for a girl.

plus we are jewish so we need to have a hebrew first and hebrew middle name too...

and we aren't finding out the gender, so we need to come up with 4 sets of names!

DH has vetoed all my suggestions.... and offered none of his own
May 2nd, 2013, 09:01 AM
AIK112018's Avatar Elizabeth
ME! It's so frustrating! Here, I have been thinking of names for the past 5 months before we even conceived this baby! and hes like "We have plenty of time to decide"
GRRR.

I have a list of names that I have narrowed down for him... so now his job is to just cross them off! Doesnt seem very hard to me, but he doesnt even want to look at them. I hate the feeling of having a nameless baby. We decided with all of our other children the week we found out the gender. Everyone has been asking the babys name so I tell them its "Firstname Blackwood"

Even though we arent going to be announcing the name to anyone (aside from you ladies ) until the baby is born - it still irks me that MOMMY doesn't even know what her name is lol.
May 2nd, 2013, 10:24 AM
Regular
We are at a total loss for a name. It seems we have had a million conversations about it too - DH is open to a lot of different names but I just can't find anything that I love. I keep telling myself that one day it will just come to me, but deep down I am so nervous he will be born and still be nameless!
May 2nd, 2013, 05:26 PM
Super Mommy
hahahahas i m so glad I am not alone in this boat...whats with men and not willing to have this conversation with us? Don't they get that its part of our 'nesting' to want this things figured out???? geez..they need to get with it!

DH was nameless for the first few hours of his life...he was born around 11pm and went to the NICU and I needed some serious recovery. Around 5:30 am my husbnad woke up to go hoem and do chores (dairyfarmer) and I woke up and siad "we need to name this baby before you leave" so he said "what was that name we both liked again?" (typical...lol)...and thats how DS got named.

I feel like we'll go to the hospital, have this baby and still not have agreed on any names.
May 2nd, 2013, 10:31 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I did the no name last time, sucked so bad. I named her Audrey but wanted dh to agree and her paper work was filled out as we were leaving the hospital and her name IS NOT AUDREY!

I would be in the same boat, except baby is a boy and we had picked his name three or four pregnancies ago, if I have another boy we even have another boy name agreed on...

May 2nd, 2013, 11:03 PM
Veteran
We haven't really discussed it yet. A few names have been toss out there and are out in the naming cloud and that's it. There were a couple names I suggested that DH shot down straight away. And a few he is thinking about. He says we'll have to make a short list and go from there. I think my problem is, he really doesn't want to think of a name, he wants me to suggest them all and he can veto or decide from there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search